PDA

View Full Version : Now...I...don't wanta post anything.

wrbones
09-23-02, 07:25 PM
Had three different people talk about postin one liners the last couple weeks. Yet, I've seen a couple of them do the same sorta thing.....

Seems someone's been gettin' their nose bent outta shape everytime someone else posts something they don't like.

Been called down fer defendin' myself after an unprovoked attack, even though my defense was more rational and reasoned than my "opponent's".

Had a fellow Vet trash us all fer being Vets who spend time on this site. I'm not supposed to post a defence. Well, I can kinda see that this one time.

Had a active duty sort call me down a couple times awhile back fer statin' my opinion. I let it go then...it was only my opinion after all. We kinda sorta worked it out.

There's been a few other such things been goin' on. An objective observer might see some of them more clearly than I .

I've been exploring the psychological and emotional payoffs fer some time now. Some things I've seen on the net, civilian and military alike make me wonder if it's worth it.

I guess the pay-off fer me is to be around others who share similiar experience and knowledge. I didn't have that before.

The VFW didn't want me, The American Legion didn't want me. The VA is a friggin joke as is their Vet Centers, in my opinion. The DAV wants, normally, a lifetime membership, paid up front....

Seen a couple other things I wonder about, as well, but I've mentioned my concerns to the appropriate authority. The chain of command as it were.

Seen some posts deleted, and others like it or worse remain here and there.

Seems whatever ya do around here, someone is all over ya!

It's still not as bad here as on other sites, but still....

If I were a FNG on the site, readin' a lot of these posts on the forums, I'd be hard pressed to post anything at all!

Maybe that other Vet is right, after all....Naw. Slammin' folks fer doin' the same thing you do isn't straight...is it? ;)

USMC0311
09-23-02, 07:30 PM
ONE LINER

****'em if they can't take a Joke :p

P.S....Bones U a Post Toastie Bro.;)

NamGrunt68
09-23-02, 07:40 PM
Sh!t bro, ya ought to be proud of yer one liner's.....I think yer in line for being given the "Henny Youngman" award.......and like ole Joe T sez.............PHUC EM !! Ain't no thang bro !! I don't always post back to you Bro, cuz sometimes after reading one of your long "Morning Coffee" posts, I feel so damn inept comin back at you with a one liner.....kind o feel like I would be cheatin ya !!
Hang around Bones........this club needs somebody like you.....just my two centavo's....

wrbones
09-23-02, 07:59 PM
I'm too stupid stubborn! LOL

I was just makin' a point, and if it ****es someone off....Well, that's the whole point!

You folks on that Morning Coffee do more fer me than I do fer any of you! LOL.

Now....where the hell's that Kona Coffee!

SSgtOfMarines
09-23-02, 08:03 PM
loosen up your tie devil dog. I was definately not referring to you. Out of everyone here, i think you post the most insighfult, well thought out posts. I've been back here for 2 days, and from catching up with a few people, it looks like everyone is taking to much sh1t to heart around here.

Thought we were all MARINES! When did someone's feelings ever stand in the way of us ever letting our opinion be heard?

Sgt E (with a 7 liner)

wrbones
09-23-02, 08:27 PM
You weren't who I had in mind bro! ;) I was thinkin of somethin' a bit different. Took yer words at face value.

On the other hand, it is time to go clear out the pipes.....

wrbones
09-23-02, 10:03 PM
What's that Henny Youngman award look like, I wonder.....

Kinda cool to give the younger folks something to look up now and then, ain't it!

<Who the hell is Henny Youngman?> They'll be thinkin'! LMAO

Sparrowhawk
09-23-02, 10:58 PM
It's how we say it, BONES...LMAO

I mean I say the same things you do, but you have to be sneaky about it. LMAO

Bones, we need to synchronize our thread.. We can Rule the World!...LOL

Watch, follow me on over to the

Why are women the way they are thread..LMAo...

Sparrowhawk
09-23-02, 11:08 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ch/1991/ch910425.gif

wrbones
09-23-02, 11:14 PM
I like it! That's me alla way!

NamGrunt68
09-24-02, 03:03 AM
Henny Yougman award is probaby a statue of Howard Cosell holding a fiddle while at the same time emulating the "Ali Shuffle"..

Bro, as soon a bro o mine by the name o "Crazy Doc" that lives in Ocean View Hawaii sends me dat stuff, you'll be da first one on the list to git some !!! Ole Doc wuz a Combat Corpsman in the Nam and he is Crazy fer sure !!! He'll come thru purty soon I hope !!

:D

CAS3
09-24-02, 03:19 AM
I have come to rely on this site as a way for me to relieve the stress of working with veterans all day.
I have formed everlasting friendships here. I have brother and sister Marines that I would back up in a heartbeat.
As for the "slammers". I do not take what they say to heart. Once they are able to post something meaningful, I may reconsider.
If some MARINES have a problem with other MARINES, it should be addressed through e-mail or PM's. NOT ON A FORUM.
If those who can't hang want to get up and go, let them. If you couldn't stay in the CORPS and take the sh!t how can you be expected to do so on a MARINE community site. This is not directed at any one person in particular, it is my opinion.
PHUCK EM IF THEY CAN"T TAKE A JOKE...great motto!
I will keep posting my one liners as I see it or until such time when I am asked (by admin) to stop.
There is freedom of speech here, right?
Warren, you know there are organizations out there that do help. ALWAYS REMEMBER: You do not join any organization for assistance with the VA. If anyone asks you to do so...IT IS AGAINST THE LAW!

Barndog
09-24-02, 04:29 AM
I learned a long time ago (in my 5-6 years of moderating an IRC chat) that on the internet anywhere - taking anything personally is a waste of time and emotion.

CAS hit it right on the head - if ya couldn't take the heat in the Corps - how in the hell do ya expect to take it in a community site? Some people believe that when yer behind this little 'monitor' one becomes invincible, and therefore can personally slam, and degrade and so on - anyone or thing they so choose. You have to find it within yourselves to manage not to be offended, or at least, deal with it in a professional manner.

We are STILL Marines in here.

Howard Cosell holdin a fiddle doin the Ali shuffle? ROTFLMFAO That I'd like to see ( and the visual was great)

And, if ya DO leave Bones, I'll personally drive out and recon yer ass. I got a fresh liter of Gentleman Jack, just waiting to be tested. (my truck WILL make it... )

Semper FI

Barndog

badbob
09-25-02, 02:47 PM
But for the FNG, if he or she has not yet been certified a Jarhead, I can see how some could get scared off, and however unfortunate, as far as I’m concerned, that’s ok. Marines are a unique breed, if I wanted universal appeal, I would have joined the Air Force.

When I returned home from Nam, I wasn’t generally accepted into society, I had to prove that I wasn’t crazy before the cocktail party could comfortably continue. And there was always that one draft dodger who tried to provoke me into demonstrating that I really was the crazed baby killer that he was certain I was.

There is still a little of that mentality out there today. This forum is the next best thing to reenlisting. I’m surrounded by Jarheads, I’m home, I don’t have to walk on eggs here because --- I know that you know --- Hell we’ve marched in each others boots.

Short of actually being physically surrounded by other Marines, this is the only place in the world where I expect to be understood, even when I babbling something stupid. I also expect to be harshly dealt with when I get out of line, and that helps keep me straight. We Marines “take no prisoners” when it comes to debate, that’s our style pure and simple.

You folks know my style, and I don’t go out of my way to slam anyone. Barndog and I had a very heated discussion a few weeks back. We didn’t make it personal even though we both had very different and personal opinions on the subject. (It didn’t get personal because we both possessed and demonstrated a little restraint; it was simply an intellectual exchange of opinion, unfortunately, not all of us have this ability.

Some of us are down right word crafters, others are less capable of applying words and that’s just who we are, Marines are from all walks of life and poses varied levels intellectual ability and formal education.

Our Brothers and Sisters who have not perfected the use of the PC or for some other reason can’t adequately express themselves with words alone, have a tendency to appear crude and are very often miss interpreted.

I believe that no one should be denied the right to express themselves in any manner that best suites to their abilities regardless of cause & effect.

This is a Marine site and we Jarheads sometimes get pretty colorful in our conversations. As I stated earlier, I really don’t want this to change, I’m not a Touchy Feely guy, I’m straight out and upright. I don’t always have it nailed down either, I can and will be wrong in the future, I can make a stupid statement, or an intelligent statement sound stupid, as well as the next.

I can also handle a slam every now and then, and I’ll admit that sometimes I may even deserve it.

We each have our opinions, and the posts are there in the open for all to evaluate. On any one issue, there will be, and should be diverse opinion. I'm banking on it!

I frequent this forum because I want a Marine’s opinion, I don’t want the cocktail party version, I can get that here. I want only what another Marine can bring to issue, I want your opinion, I want your humor and I want it hard & straightforward.

If I choose to argue the point, then that’s what I’ll do, argue to the best of my ability with the only tool permitted here on the forum, my words.

If it comes back to me in strong context, I either take it as humor, conviction or stupidity, and I’ll deal with it accordingly.

However, the possibility will always exist that I may be wrong with my evaluation. That’s where you all come in and set me straight, I’m banking on this also, because I’m dealing with Marines here and that's what I expect from Marines.

The other sites in question are very cliquish and hard to break into, it’s the nature of forums and that’s their downfall. This is not the case here, all Marines are welcome, and welcome to say whatever ya want whenever the urge overcomes ya.

If someone launches a vicious, personal attack on a Brother or a Sister, Then he or she will be dealt with accordingly. It’s our job to sort out the issue, determine who’s at fault, and report any violation to Admin. Again, it’s all out in the open, if left there by Admin, and we can judge for ourselves.

Some of my best friends are AS*HOLES, and hell, at times, even I can be an AS*HOLE, and I trust that when and if that time comes, there’ll be someone around here who’ll give it to me hard and straight. “if you can’t stand the heat, get the FU*K out of the kitchen”.

just my opinion.

Semper Fi,
Bob

wrbones
09-25-02, 03:03 PM
I wasn't tryin to start nothin with this thread, just posin' some questions and blowin off some steam is all.

Nope. There ain't no way in hell I could say it better.

I remeber bein spit on by civvies and called baby killer myself as late as 1979.

Most of the discussions around here are like the one you and Barndog had. They get kinda heated once in awhile, but they don't get personal. That's a good thing.

I keep tryin to tell folks that I'm the biggest damn fool to come down the road myself. That means that I'm an *******. I just hide it real well! ;)

DAMN GOOD POST in my opinion BadBob!