PDA

View Full Version : Brain Cramp

cjwright90
05-20-04, 04:12 PM
Save getting another copy of my DD214, which I cannot find anyway, do any of you Marines know how I can get a history of what Recruit Training Platoon I was in. I am having the darndest time remembering that info, and would like to relearn it. Is there a link somewhere or a snail mail addy that I can find this out? Thanks in advance. :marine:

Super Dave
05-20-04, 04:16 PM
Still have your boot camp book? or boot camp platoon picture?

cjwright90
05-20-04, 04:23 PM
Dave, I appreciate that suggestion, but that would make it too easy! In the countless times that I have moved since then, I could not even wager a guess as to the location of the boot camp picture. As far as a boot camp book, never got one. I could ask my mom if she has anything like that from my old days. She might have kept them. Amazing, such memory loss at the ripe old age of almost 37. You'd think I was clearing mine fields with my grape!

cjwright90
05-20-04, 04:28 PM
Well, I might have to wait a while:

Response times for records requested from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) vary greatly depending on the nature of the request. For example, the NPRC Military Records Facility currently has a backlog of 180,000 requests and receives approximately 5,000 requests per day. Routine requests for separation documents currently require only 2-4 weeks for servicing. However, requests that involve reconstruction efforts due to the 1973 fire or older records which require extensive search efforts may take much longer. The average turnaround time on all requests is currently running at approximately 12 weeks.

LONEEAGLE
05-20-04, 05:15 PM
Do you remember where you went to boot camp at?
You could, if you remember that you went to Diego, or the Island, write to the Commanding General of the Base. Give an approx. date, your full name, ask if he, or his flunkie, could retrieve any files. Just a hunch. I can't remember my plt. no., but was in first Bn. Diego.

vision836
05-20-04, 05:52 PM
Maybe the lady with the crystal ball and tarot cards will know.