PDA

View Full Version : One hard charger!

cjwright90
05-19-04, 02:58 PM
:marine:
One Mean Marine
Meet Marine Capt. Brian Chontosh. You won't see him on the nightly news, but he's fast becoming the face and symbol of the military's frustration with the news media's coverage of the war. E-mails from marines fighting in Iraq have started to flood home with his story: Just five days into the Iraq war, Chontosh's platoon was ambushed. To clear the way, he ordered his humvee driver to speed at an Iraqi gun nest while his machine gunner fired. When he got to the 200-meter-long trench, he killed 20 Iraqis and wounded more with his and their weapons. Chontosh just received the Navy's second-highest award, the Navy Cross. The writer of one E-mail to Whispers said, "Accounts of American valor are dismissed by the press as propaganda, yet accounts of American difficulties are heralded as objectivity. It makes you wonder if the role of the media is to inform or depress." He added: "We're going to turn out all right as long as men like Brian Chontosh wear our uniform."

US News & World Report
May 24, 2004
:marine:

All I can say is <B>GET SOME!</B>

Sgted
05-19-04, 06:35 PM
Get some Capt. Chontosh !!!!

Looks like the good Capt GOT some !!!!

Toby M
05-19-04, 07:09 PM
Ditto from this end Captain C...true hero's aren't born-they are self made!!!

Tom D
05-19-04, 07:15 PM
I read this on another forum, and was proud to have been a Marine!!! OORAH!!!

lurchenstein
05-20-04, 01:05 AM
Great post! Reminded me of GYSGT. "Manila" John Basilone's story
(WWII - Guadalcanal ).

cjwright90
05-20-04, 08:40 AM
I got this sent to me directly in an email. A friend of mine is really proud of my being a Marine, and sends me stuff like this quite often. It is truly a motivating story no matter how many times you read it. OOhRah!

sgt.lane
05-20-04, 04:57 PM
get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!