PDA

View Full Version : permission to come aboard

3BadgeMarine
05-13-04, 08:57 AM
Having been AWOL for the last few months I decided to cross the 'Big Pond' and join in once again.

Some of you will remember me 'One of the Old and Bold',I joined the Royal Marines in 1947 and enjoyed myself that much I went on to Serve 25 years and finished my time in 1972.

After WW11 it was soon obvious that small wars were likely to break out all over the Great Globe,and like small fires these can spread if not extinguished rapidly.The best possible mobile fire brigade during these times would be the highly trained Royal Marine Commandos,operating from the Commando ships Bulwark and Albion.Over and over again,in the last 50 odd years they have proved their worth in many campaigns either as spearhead of some amphibious operation or as rearguard covering the withdrawal from Empire.

Various campaigns spring to mind,Palestine 1948,Malaya 1948, Korea 1952 (chosin frozen) Arabian peninsular covering the years during the 1950.s till 1967.Suez Landings 1956,Borneo in the 60.s,the list is never ending

MillRatUSMC
05-13-04, 09:20 AM
Welcome back!
Much has happen in the few months that you were AWOL.
Some for the good, others left with feelings of disgust.
One has left us with emotions of hatred.
We will hold our hatred, till the moment that we avenge the brutal murder of Nick Berg.
Our justice will be swift not like the brutal way they slaughtered Nick Berg.
The cowards that did wouldn't let their faces be known to the world.
But there ways of finding out who did it, mark my words, that information will be gather and then revenge will be ours.
We will take them out much like the Irsaeli's take out their enemies.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS Sorry I got away from my welcome back.

DSchmitke
05-13-04, 10:23 AM
Welcome Back 3BadgeMarine.

3BadgeMarine
05-13-04, 10:41 AM
Gentlemen,Many thanks for the welcome back remarks,We this side of the atlantic have utter revulsion over the barbaric way in which Nick Berg was slaughtered,Men who carry out these dastardly deeds will cover their faces as do most terrorists.

No doubt retribution will fall upon these 'Rag Heads'. Over the years we have found the best way to deal with these Arabs,as one Bootneck put it Aptly,carry a couple of rashers of bacon in one of your pouches and after an 'Eye ball to Eye Ball' the B'tards will salute the flag.Semper Fi brothers.Aye

Sparrowhawk
05-13-04, 10:48 AM
Didn't realize you were gone that long, I just figured you went to the head.

LOL

Cook

3BadgeMarine
05-13-04, 11:00 AM
Cook,You old son of a Gun!,Yep I went to the Head's,now I'm back got lost during the journey,the satellite tracking system let me down had to revert to the old system spit into the wind and see where it leads.Aye

Sparrowhawk
05-13-04, 11:03 AM
I want you to know that CAS kept looking for you, she kept popping off red flares for a week, but then she found some one else. LOL

She's gona kill me for that one...

thedrifter
05-13-04, 11:05 AM
Welcome Back 3BadgeMarine......

Ellie

Derek Blevins
05-19-04, 06:14 AM
May I add my apologies to those of my ol' oppo JR ( 3 Badge Marine) for my 'visit to the heads' of three months!

In my case though the 'heads' were in a hospital on Feb 25th, and I've only just escaped with some piece of technology implanted in my chest! I successfully dodged people trying to 'implant metal' in me with the Royal Marines for 22 years, and now this happens!

It's great to be back, and to see that 'Harry' is here too.

Best wishes to all.

Semper Fi/Once a Marine

Derek

3BadgeMarine
05-19-04, 06:54 AM
Derek,
Nice to see you aboard again,technology old friend a wonderfull piece of machinery,pull up a sand bag get out the 'brew'.cheers JR

Heres to us,and those like us Damm few left.

And a happy belated birthday?

Sparrowhawk
05-19-04, 09:05 AM
Derek,

Not only talk funny, why you even write the same way. LOL

Good to see you up, don't go messing around any airports or u'll set off an alarm.

And watch out for the magnets on refrigerators, they stick to you as you go by them...

Good to see up and around.
Cook

Derek Blevins
05-20-04, 05:05 AM
Cheers Sparrowhawk

I believe climbing into a Microwave oven is also quite dangerous too!

As it's well known our countries are 'divided by a common language', your bit about being 'up' reminded me of a meeting with one of your guys at a US Military Airfield 'somewhere in Italy' in 1976. We were delivering two Gazelle Helicopters from the UK to 41 Commando Royal Marines, who were then based on the Mediterranean Island of Malta. We landed at the airfield to refuel and night stop, and were approached by a huge American carrying a Geto-Blaster on his shoulder. "Are you up or are you down?", he shouted. As we had just landed we said we were 'down', and thought the question pretty dumb! He then said, "If you're down', what's up?" which made the situation even more baffling until we suddenly realised he was asking if our helis were 'serviceable or un-serviceable'!

After all that was sorted out, he drove us to a hotel in Naples in a beaten up truck; a trip we still have nightmares about!

No wonder I now need the help of Medical Technology!

Derek