PDA

View Full Version : Arab Outrage

Sgted
05-12-04, 05:14 PM
So far, only the UAE has officially expressed outrage on the beheading of Nick Berg.
As far as I can tell, not even our Arab allies (ie; Saudi Arabia, etc) have had anything to say concerning this violent act.

MillRatUSMC
05-12-04, 05:20 PM
There's been more, even some comments coming out of Kuwait One doctor there was quoted;
"We (muslims) had the high ground, when those photos of prisoner abused were shown, now we lost all that high ground due to this senseless execution."
Yet there hasn't been much outrage in the Arsb countries.
Not like the outrage over those photos of prison abuse.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Sgted
05-12-04, 05:52 PM
While there has been limited, personal Arab condemnation of Nick Bergs murder, the community of Arabs / Muslims worldwide has been silent.
Compare this to the unified Arab scream heard 'round the world relating to Iraqi prisoner abuse.
Unbelievable but not surprizing.

yellowwing
05-12-04, 07:19 PM
Jordan Times Editorial (http://www.jordantimes.com/thu/opinion/opinion1.htm) Condemns the beheading, but adds Islamic tempering of "The killing in cold blood was ostensibly committed to retaliate for the abuse and torture of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers in the Abu Ghraib prison. But the murder of a civilian cannot and will not avenge the abuse of so many Iraqi prisoners, an act which, when made public, shocked the entire world"

Jordan is a quiet ally. This editorial even mentions (and acknowledges) The Holocaust. This same news issue reports that their King Abdullah, has just "received Lieutenant General John Abizaid, US Central Command chief, for talks on regional developments and bilateral cooperation."

Please let that meeting be about whacking Syria! President Bush has just heightened more trade sanctions on Syria. Can you tell I have a hard on for Syria? Think Lebanon 1983.

bobpage
05-12-04, 07:23 PM
And we are surprised by this how? Remember Beirut October 23, 1983? They sure do. Wher was the outrage then, and now?

ivalis
05-12-04, 07:34 PM
Hamas condemned, for practical/selfish reasons, this outrage.

stalkmaster
05-12-04, 07:42 PM
OOH RAH !!
Yellowing I will never forget the long hard days of October and
god Bless RR...

Semper FI

namgrunt
05-12-04, 11:38 PM
It is reported that most Middle Eastern media outlets, such as Al Jazeera refused to carry the broadcast of the Berg slaughter. Same goes for the newspapers.
The locals can't react to what is kept from their eyes. What isn't sure is whether they would be outraged at such an "unIslamic action" or whether they would dance in the streets as has happened on other occasions.
By not showing the murder, any Islamic believer can have plausible deniability, "I didn't see or hear of this. Oh how terrible. (sniffle, sniffle)."

Horse Puckey!!!

jryanjack
05-13-04, 08:24 AM
Just saw on CNN that Jordan, Suadi Arabia, and the UAE have all come out and officially condemned Berg's beheading.

bobpage
05-13-04, 11:41 AM
They all condemn it, and then torture the women for not wearing burkahs (sp?).

Kurt Stover
05-13-04, 02:29 PM
The silence is deafening....

Super Dave
05-13-04, 02:35 PM
Amen brother!!

kentmitchell
05-13-04, 07:02 PM
They hate us. They want to kill us all. It's simple.

Super Dave
05-13-04, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kentmitchell
They hate us. They want to kill us all. It's simple.

Kinda remindes me of....
I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL...