PDA

View Full Version : SheWolf

SSgtOfMarines
05-10-04, 06:54 PM
Any reason why you have a "hard on" for Rumsfield? Day after day I see you call for his head. It's getting pretty annoying. Why don't you take your garbage somewhere else.

:thumbdown :thumbdown

G.L.B.
05-10-04, 06:56 PM
She Wolf doesn't really make friends here too well Sgt. In almost every thread she ****es off alot of people.

HardJedi
05-10-04, 07:19 PM
Umm, Marines? Not really sure how appropriate this thread is. A thread dedicated to personally attacking a board member? Not nice.

If you wanna attack her, fine, take it to Pm's or e-mail.

Least, that's what I think should be done.

SSgtOfMarines
05-10-04, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by HardJedi
Umm, Marines? Not really sure how appropriate this thread is. A thread dedicated to personally attacking a board member? Not nice.

If you wanna attack her, fine, take it to Pm's or e-mail.

Least, that's what I think should be done.

I didn't attack her. I asked her what her problem is. Thanks for your opinion though.

FREEBIRD
05-10-04, 07:33 PM
hARDjEDI

WHO IS THE BOARD MAMBER YOU ARE SPEAKING OF????

namgrunt
05-10-04, 07:39 PM
PM's will not work. Neither will e-mails.

SheWolf's status has been altered, and she is blocked from receipt of any messages. Whether this is her idea, or someone else's is no longer important. All communications with her have been terminated.

It would seem we have succeeded in driving her off the website. I hope her son gets better response in his unit. She is the mother of a Marine. Argumentative or not, that is a fact.

Semper Fi!

Sgtj
05-10-04, 09:59 PM
And how did we gather that intell Namgrunt... are we even sure, maybe we shouldn't believe everything we hear.

namgrunt
05-10-04, 10:09 PM
Sgtj

I received a PM from SheWolf, that she was thinking of leaving.

When I tried to respond with a PM of my own, it was refused.
She had been receiving such messages before, because I've argued with her privately.
I tried to send an e-mail, through the link on her profile page. That too was blocked.
How much "intell" do I need to see she is not with us anymore?

As I said in my post, I don't know if this was her idea or not.

Try to PM her yourself. Try sending her an e-mail. If you cannot get through, ask yourself why.
Draw your own conclusions.

Sgtj
05-10-04, 11:34 PM
Namgrunt,

I am not trying to be dumb nor was I trying to BS with you. I was talking about her telling us Marines her son was a Marine.. Or that she was a Platoon Sgt. in the Army. Or some of the other things her post said. I was just simply stating we can not believe everything we hear, regardless from where it comes from.

I am a pretty smart man, Grunt or not. I wasn't stating the obvious. I don't need to get a rejected e-mail telling me she pulled out. To tell you the truth I could care less. I welcomed her opinions and respectively gave her my own. Just as I respect your opinion. If you have a problem with someone in here then just say it. Simply put!

Respectfully,

Sgt. J

namgrunt
05-10-04, 11:49 PM
Sgtj

I know you were asking a straight question. I gave you as much of an answer as I could.
SheWolf lives in my immediate S.E. Michigan (Greater Detroit) area. I was going to get her e-mail address, and arrange a meeting someplace, for a cup of coffee with she and her husband. I would have gotten to know them and talked about their son. I felt it was important for families to feel support from Marines, in case the worst happened.

That meeting will not happen now. It would have been the best way to assess the true characteristics of SheWolf. Your concerns about her have crossed my mind as well. I chose to consider her real until she showed otherwise. Now we will never know for sure.

As for "Grunt or not". What's wrong with being a Grunt! I was 0311 for my entire hitch. :)

Semper Fi!

SSgtOfMarines
05-11-04, 09:34 AM
I wasn't trying to get anyone to leave. Shiat, I coudln't give a rats arse who stays and who goes. My whole point was why her last 10 or so posts were calling for Rumsfields head.

Don't look to deep into it folks.

Kurt Stover
05-11-04, 11:56 AM
Since this was the item of discussion, I look at it from a different point of view. This is Leatherneck.com? Correct, intoning that this is a place where Marines come to hang their covers, pull up a cuppa Joe, let loose with whatever is on their mind and take incoming as much as outgoing.

Maybe the Marine units I served with were the rarity of coarse, to the point and demanding of character. Perhaps, there are units or another Marine Corps I don't know about that has classes on being brow beaten and sitting there and liking it, I dunno, and then again maybe I was to involved making things happen to be aware that there was a "Niceness" campaign going on in-between 1984 and 1993.

If I am sitting in the duty hut and the Staff Duty or the OOD strolls into my AO, I render the full respect and report that the position of Staff Duty demands and I leave it at that. Should the person that I report to has any commentary, I can shuffle through the BS talk and extract the "Need to Know" stuff and carry on. If they wish to start a conversation outside of the bounds of duty, I politely tell them that my seventh general order does not permit me to talk bunk at this time.

If they are offended, removed, ruffled, bewildered, set up with grief, besides themselves, hurt, or angry at my retort, then they can take it up with the CO, OIC, CG or whomever, I would rather be right then wrong concerning protocol.

Now, if I'm sitting there and I'm not on duty and the OOD comes around and does his thing and then turns to me and wants to have a gabfest, that is on him or her, either they feel the seventh doesn’t apply to them or they have some new idea of what is and what isn't appropriate at certain times under the belt.

If someone else be it Joe Snuffy, the CO, 1st Shirt or Company Gunny in civvies or a Civilian that comes into my AO, and they feel it necessary to swap stories, ideas or other prefunctonary embellishments, and they are directing at myself or for anybody to here and ain't a rhetorical question, I'm gonna chime in.

Now, if they are so brazen and bold to state some wordage, sage advice, cue stick information or nonsense, and they are not prepared to wage rebuked conversation, or are wholly unprepared to back up or carry the load and responsibility of any type of conversation be it in agreement or in defiance, then they had better leave. They have just come to a gun fight with a squirt gun, and I'll be damned if I'll let, status, stature, rank or position be an affable reason to back down or be "Hushed-up".

SheWolf, used a moniker that would enable even the dimmest of morons to perceive that she wanted to be recognized as a "She Wolf". And correct me if I'm wrong, but the female of a Wolf pack are usually the most dangerous and endearing source of defense. Another casual observation would be that much like a dog, a she wolf is a "B1tch", I do not know if that was the avenue of approach on that one or not, like I said, just an observation.

99.99% of her posts had a haranguing and unbeneficial connotation about the command structure and the current administration. Usually with a blurb about her stance in a pro light of what the posting was about. Well, since you are bold enough to post it, stand by it. Many a time I saw her change her stance due to incoming and would back off. A plea would go out to board members to not attack other member, to be nice and genteel in rebuttal.

Yet, the same thing would happen a few postings later and it would start all over again, with the same type of posting and the call for FFE was ushered in and the same results. So in closing, if you can’t hang with the big dogs, don’t get off the porch. If you run away, then I guess it wasn't worth it in the first place.

airframesguru
05-11-04, 12:05 PM
Well said Stover.

S/F,

MW

DSchmitke
05-11-04, 12:35 PM
With a moniker of SheWolf you wouldn't think she would be so thin skinned..

namgrunt
05-11-04, 05:14 PM
You've got a point, Gunny. That is why you have two rockers.
At this point, this is all old news, and has passed into history.
She wasn't a Marine.
She is gone.
Bury the dead, police the area, and move on.

FREEBIRD
05-11-04, 08:10 PM
Amen namgrunt, very very well said my Brother!!!