PDA

View Full Version : Everyone knew it

SheWolf
05-10-04, 11:18 AM
from msnbc..... my comment,, if everyone knew it,, why did they wait to act on it.... <br />
<br />
Rumsfeld insists <br />
‘everyone knew’ <br />
about charges <br />
Secretary strongly denies abuse probe kept secret <br />
By...

Kurt Stover
05-10-04, 11:31 AM
What do you mean, "Why did they not act on it.” The investigation has been going on since the last part of January. The public really doesn't need to be involved and squawking about like this is the worst thing to happen since the Rape of Nanking.

Since this is a military investigation about a military happenstance, it is the rule that the investigation is held and ALL the facts are gathered and the whole investigation is put together and presented. Sure, folks are told that something is going on, but, until you have everything available and ready for presentation, you don't submit it.

It's a foolish person (Especially in the military) that submits speculation, an observance or an investigation before all of the facts are made available. The military operates on a different schedule from the "O.J. Simpson" style of investigation and trial.

If the whole Simpson trial had been investigated and presented, "O.J. Simpson would not be playing golf looking for Nichole's killers" and would be known as Prisoner XXXXX.

No one waited to act on this, the same day it was known a special investigator was assigned and he assembled his team. I know this is a hard idea to comprehend for civilians, but this is the way the military operates, and it is a dang good thing, or a lot of innocent people would be in jail.

It's good to ask questions no doubt, but learn to go beyond the news releases. Some investigation on some stuff would lend to a far better objective conversation.

SheWolf
05-10-04, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kurt Stover
[B]What do you mean, "Why did they not act on it.” The investigation has been going on since the last part of January. The public really doesn't need to be involved and squawking about like this is the worst thing to happen since the Rape of Nanking.

what I meant,,, is that (and I don't believe this, I agree with you on something) I don't mean that the public, necessarily, had to be in on every step of the investigations,,,

but the powers that be did not inform their superiors in a timely matter,,,,,, (in my opinion)...

namgrunt
05-10-04, 03:56 PM
My POV

Rumsfeld STAYS!
The President said it, I believe it.

The investigations are ONGOING.
Let the UCMJ do its work. There will be plenty of folks to defend the men and women directly involved.

Responsability!
We are ALL responsible for anything and everything our federal government does. We voted for the human beings who fulfill the roles of governance! If it isn't so, then this ISN'T the United States of America, and we had better stand by, because the horse puckey is going to hit the FAN!

That is how I see it.
Semper Fi!

namgrunt
05-10-04, 07:23 PM
SheWolf

I got the word. Tried to PM you in answer, but all channels are non-functional regarding contacting you, including e-mail. You have been blocked.

If you wish to maintain contact, take down the following info.

namgrunt's e-mail address:
javcas@earthlink.net

Other info will follow if I get an e-mail.

I'm praying for your son's success and safety. Hang in there.

Semper Fi!
Javier Cascos aka: namgrunt
Sgt E5, USMC, - Inactive -

namgrunt
05-10-04, 07:42 PM
SheWolf

Are you still online? Your name is still on the roster list as online. I hope you read the above message.

namgrunt