PDA

View Full Version : Old Salts and active duty Marines.

wrbones
09-21-02, 05:46 PM
There are quite a few Marines on active duty who drop by the site from time to time. I know they don't always have the time to interact with all of the rest of us as much as they or we would like. They are busy. Doubly so now. We have Marines all over the earth in a number of different duty stations and missions. Many have been participating in our on-going "shootin' wars" in several places. Yes, though the news and public do not percieve it this way, anytime as a Marine, that you have others trying to kill you, you are in a war. Regardless of what any politico or left winger might say. I would say that for many Marines, those considerations might be more imortant than what is going on in the web.

As for Old Salts who no longer directly serve on active duty, I have a few things to say about us, as well.

We have a wealth of knowledge and experience that I am absolutely certain is of use to nearly anyone, Marine or not, that I believe is our duty to share with those who are able to accept it. Knowledge is a good thing. Knowledge from a variety of sources is better. Knowledge form those who have extensive experience is best. We, as Old Salts, have such experience.

Our knowledge and experience is revealed in everything we discuss, every post on humor, every post on every topic of interest to Marines and their families.We have a contribution to make in such posts, even if this is all that we are involved in socially. Many of us are active in our communities, politically, finacially, spiritually, and in numerous charities and causes related to Veterans.

We have much to offer.

In my own case, I know without doubt, that were I active duty again, I would have a thousand times more to offer in service to my Nation than I ever could have had as an active duty 18 year-old. I'm more informed, wiser, and experienced.

As for our active duty brothers, we're here for ya. Drop by and sit a spell when ya got a minute. We know yer busy. If ya weren't, we'd be wonderin! LOL. We're thinkin' about you every day, brothers.

CAS3
09-21-02, 07:54 PM
How can we get away with taking out the enemy as a civilian?

I may or may not be joking!!!!:yes:

USMC0311
09-21-02, 08:01 PM
Which enemy Cas..? and we always have the CIA, Covert Ops, and well, we say American don't have assassins, but I'm a firm believer if "They" got it; we do too. How many ya lookin at eliminating Marine?

Semper Fi, Sis

wrbones
09-22-02, 01:26 AM
presently, I'd say it would depend on any number of things.....

Depends on yer resources darlin. Includin' who ya know, or rather. shouldn't know!

Terrorism can work both ways.....

My version is to get on the web and rattle people's cages in here. Make 'em think. Make 'em realize that maybe, just maybe we all have something to contribute.

I try to let 'em know that only in unity as Patriots, defenders of the faith as it were, who can only properly respond as one before all, that we are Americans. That we have a history of pride and freedom to do what we will to protect our way of life. A way of life that includes guaranteed rights set before God and man. Our struggle begins here. In our Nation, defending our own from attack and bringing the fight to those outside our borders who would change or destroy what we have, whether they try it from be from within or without.

We must be true. We must be strong. We must must be one. We must do this with all that is in our power to do to protect what is given us by those who have preceded us.

We must do this with rational thought, with persuasion of all sorts. We must be ready to continue the struggle in every waking moment. Using every resource at our disposal to convince those who would obliterate democracy as a way of life that they have made a terrible mistake.

We must do this peacefully if at all possible. Forcefully if we must.Forve is a last resort, but when neede, it should be used mercilessly until unconditional surrender of our opponent is achieved. Then we will show them, too how to achieve independence and freedom and it's benefits to all.

We choose democracy. A place where people, might air their views, live as they wish, and with work and intelligence might aspire to something greater in their lives and the lives of their children. A place where they might share their knowledge and wisdom and strength with others without harrassment, but in truth. Accepting their right to speak and to do as they wish without concern that they will be persecuted for their views.

Democracy as with all good government requires rules that are fairly and equitably adjudicated and agreed upon by all.

Dang. Someone moved my soapbox again.