PDA

View Full Version : Senator wants "God" held responsible for Prisoner abuse

Sparrowhawk
05-07-04, 06:16 PM
Biden: God Must Go!

John Kerry has been urging President Bush to fire Donald Rumsfeld, but one of his Senate colleagues is going even further, the Gannett News Service reports:

Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., a key Democratic supporter of President Bush's decision to wage war on Iraq, said the president must demonstrate that he understands the "nature of the damage" caused by the abuse incident by "determining who is responsible, no matter how far up the chain of command this goes."

Once those people are identified, Biden said, Bush must "demand the resignations for whoever is involved in this policy, and that includes Lord God Almighty himself. It includes anybody involved."

Somehow it had escaped our notice that the Lord God Almighty serves at the pleasure of the president.

namgrunt
05-07-04, 07:37 PM
LOL
I can just see Joe Biden facing the Almighty and telling him to "fess up and come clean". I think Joe might end up as the largest smoking matchstick ever seen. -" POOOOF"- Crispy Critter!

We've already crucified God's Son. Now we are after the Father. Next will be the Holy Spirit. This from a nation which doesn't want God mentioned, nor his works discussed. We might all end up as a nation of smoking matchsticks.

TracGunny
05-07-04, 10:53 PM
I get the feeling Sen. Biden did not think this one through, let his passions override his brain, or truly holds the Office of the President of the United States in really high regard...

kentmitchell
05-08-04, 12:58 PM
Biden probably plaguerized something someone else said--again--but didn't take the time to study it.

paul g fleming
05-09-04, 10:02 AM
Never trust a Democrat