PDA

View Full Version : There's a WAR going on in IRAQ! Apologize?

Sparrowhawk
05-06-04, 10:14 PM
Democrats want Rumsfeld to Go
The President goes on Arab TV twice and today he apologizes for what?

Where was the Red Cross and the human rights cry babies when Saddam Hussein tortured and frayed the skin off his citizens?

Humm I wonder if he let them keep their clothes on, so as not to offend them?

So, a couple of sickos do things that were wrong. In Nam we send them to LB Jail in Da Nang, and that was it.

They paid for violating human rights or for committing criminal acts. Such individuals will always be found in our military services because for some reason we recruit right off the human ranks of sociality.

But apologize to the Arab world?

The same individuals that steal, kill, murder, mutilate, burn and hang Americans for pleasure and then are willing to die for Allah because if they do they will get laid in heaven by 1000 virgins?

Something is wrong with this picture, and it’s not our way of treating prisoners.

What will happen now?

A Marine walks up to a terrorist;
“Excuse me sir, but I believe you just threw a grenade on my fellow Marine and I don't think you should do that.

Would you mind terribly if I arrest you? Mind you, I promise not to hurt your feelings when I do.”

Rules of engagements are not valid in this war on terrorism.

Reminds of what a Marine said after Morley Safer slanted the story of Marines burning the communist run village of Cam Ne, Vietnam with a cigarette lighter, after the Marines had gotten snipped at from that village on several occasions.
Those poor folks lost their homes, Safer emphasized.

The Marine said

“That he had no remorse for the civilians because they were the enemy, one couldn't do his job and also have pity for the people.”

http://www.historynet.com/vn/blwhathappenedatcamne/index1.html

We have forgotten, those people the liberal media wants us to apologize to, are the enemy.

d c taveapont
05-06-04, 10:37 PM
Mr S Hawk be quiet there were no antrocities in the nam. lbj doesn't exist...it was all hear say...:banana:

Sparrowhawk
05-07-04, 07:50 AM
An LBJ type of president,,,,
That would change his mind every which way the wind blows..

hummm I wonder who that might be....

<hr>

Remember a Korean Marine on Operation Foster got a hold of two NVA prisoners.

Took one around the bend in the river, one shot fired then you heard a scream, a short time later you hear another shot.

Then he came back alone to get the next one, and well, all of a sudden not only did we have that guys name rank and serial number but the location of their base camp, booby traps, and a list of the local guerillas and the government official they had targeted for assignation.

This same NVA unit R-20 regiment made up of Chinese communist advisors and equipped by Russia had just massacred 200 civilians and burned down over 400 of their homes, because they didn't want the villagers to participate in their country's election.

If I remember correct, over 89% of the population voted.

PS

What's interesting is that I remember we captured three of them, and in the Marine corps Command chronologies it lists three captured but only two are listed by name and as giving us information....

Sgted
05-07-04, 08:04 AM
Personally, I am sick of seeing daily news reports on the abuse of Iraqi prisoners. How long must we bemoan the mistakes of a few misguided people ?.
Suddenly America has it's tail between it's legs and the Arab community has more reasons to hate the "infidels".
I DO NOT condone these acts, however, time and again I have heard in the media the Iraqi's referred to as a "gentle" and "peace loving" people.
Convince me !!.
90% of news footage I have seen where coalition forces have been killed or wounded shows tens if not hundreds of these gentle peace loving people jumping for joy, celebrating and looting at the scenes of these Iraqi atrocities.
Do I hear the Muslum or Arab world condeming these despicable acts ?. NO !!!!.
Do I hear Iraqi officials openly condeming the behavoir of it's citizens. NO !!!.
There has been abuse of prisoners in all wars.
In Vietnam our POW's were tortured and abused.
There is always going to be the 2% that acts without thought. This is a part of the human condition.
Lets stop throwing these road blocks into the path of our fighting men.

fade2black
05-07-04, 08:14 AM
I hate the media. I am so sick of all the BS on TV and in the paper I could scream. If they can't sensationalize some kind of death, gore, or beatings, then they don't report it. God forbid they show the good things going on over there.....just show ONE...it'll be a start. Screw the media.

Sparrowhawk
05-07-04, 08:20 AM
As one WSJ editor wrote;

The Bush administration gets spun by whichever ill wind is blowing through the media.

If Bush responds the media attacks it as propaganda and try to destroy its source.

"Conceivably Mr. Bush got more bang with his two turns on Arab television, explaining American values. The news out of Turkey last week was of an Islamic father who ritually strangled his daughter with wire because kidnappers had raped her. And most Arabs under 30 recall that in the early 1980s Syria's Hafez al-Assad, after an assassination attempt, murdered 1,000 Islamic inmates at Tadmur Military Prison. The vagaries of life with dictatorships in Iraq, Iran, Syria, et al., may have left the average Muslim with a better understanding of "atrocity" than the Appalled Pundits Society in America."

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005047

arzach
05-07-04, 04:16 PM
No apology needed...and the hearings today acomplished nothing...I'd love to see what these Senators would have done in the same situation...yeah I know, 'fortunate sons' don't wear military uniforms...this goody-twoshoes crap is disgusting, we kiss the arab world's arse for what? They already hate us, been that way..it'll stay that way.

All this is, is a way for the libs to give Dubya a 'Mi Lai'(sp), turn the populace against the effort and sh!tcan Rummy.

How soon they forget 9/11

Jersey Joe
05-07-04, 05:07 PM
I am certainly no fan of Rumsfeld (he reminds me of McNamara and his "Wiz Kid" attitude) but this is pure bull. To see these Senators pontificate their 'umbrage" at the "atrocities" shown these Iraqi prisoners is laughable. And Teddy "Chappaquidic" Kennedy thinks "those accountable should be punished" --what a joke! By the way, didn't anyone tell the public and Congress that these prisoners weren't in that prison for jay walking?

Apologize - NO! but it's too late now. So let's stop the Bull and get on with the job. We're not going to impress these Arabs by asking forgiveness all day for the wrongs of a few. Let's finish the job (get that "cleric" and his mob for one) and get the guys home. They've done and are doing a super job--they don't need this crap to continue any longer.

Semper Fi
Jersey Jo

arzach
05-07-04, 05:26 PM
Damn arabs take an apology as a sign of weakness....doan need that crap...eradicate the bad guys...ALL of them.

Ya know, there are some things that have to be kept calssified to prosecute a war effectivly...Got a Military job to do, let the Military do it...politicians need to keep their butts out of it.

jfreas
05-07-04, 08:58 PM
Our two biggest enemies in Iraq are "The media and our Politions"They refuse to print the positive only the bad.

MillRatUSMC
05-07-04, 10:34 PM
And they just keep on coming... <br />
Those disgusting photos that all the world is now talking. <br />
The Sec. of Defense leaked that there more beside a video, that are worst than the one's leaked by CBS....