February 2004 Gasoline Prices per US gallon:

Canada $2.183
Japan $3.348
France $4.808
Spain $3.726
Germany $5.137
UK $5.315
Italy $5.084

With Alaska, Texas, and the Gulf of Mexico, we're not doing too bad. Heck we can even afford to sell Japan a few tankers worth now and then.

namgrunt
05-06-04, 12:17 AM
Pretty soon, it will be cheaper to own a herd of goats to "cut" your lawn than to run a lawnmower.

$1.969 per gallon, regular unleaded, in S.E. Michigan as of this date.

CPLRapoza
05-06-04, 12:58 AM
I'm glad the governement is paying for my gas.

thedrifter
05-06-04, 05:08 AM
Not cheap here 1.98....

My son likes to borrow my car even though it likes to eat.....;)
Two years ago he hopped up his car...:eek:

Ellie

dnelson
05-06-04, 07:00 AM
Last night it was 2.25. I have seen them change the signs twice in one day.

DSchmitke
05-06-04, 07:11 AM
Regular Unleaded $ 1.98.9 gal
Mid- Grade $ 2.06.9 gal
Premium $ 2.15.9 gal Western Michigan

Ed Palmer
05-06-04, 07:28 AM
went up .10 cents last night to $1.95 reg unlead looking to go to 2.10 by the holiday maby more

Lock-n-Load
05-06-04, 08:33 AM
:marine: I voted 100% for both you Texans without reservations....lately, I have reservations about GW Bush whose words are empty to what is going on in wartime Iraq and more importantly...gas/oil prices in the Big PX...record high prices at the pumps...Daddy Bush sent military power to save the non/combatant Saudis and all their oil fields...American casualties for billionaire and salacious Saudis to fondle their 1,000 virgins....10 yrs later young Bush crushes Saddam and we occupy the world's 2nd largest/producing oil fields in the world [Northern Iraq], yet USA gas/oil prices continue to soar higher than any NASA flight...hey, Marlboro Man, how's about much lower gas/oil prices and giving a rat's ass about the voters who put you in the Oval Office.. unleaded regular gas is up to it's highest ever posting at $1.89...hey CIC...we giveth and we can take it away!!! Semper Fi, Mac:marine:

DanBO
05-06-04, 08:37 AM
Chicago Area, Western Suburbs
Regular Unleaded $2.039
Mid-Grade $2.139
Premium $2.239

This is getting crazy. When will it all end?

"Semper Fi Mac"

fade2black
05-06-04, 08:49 AM
Monday morning $1.72.........8 hours later $1.93. WTF makes gas go up over $.20/gal in 8 hours other than greed?!?!?!?! http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/cussing.gif

Toby M
05-06-04, 08:57 AM
Boise, Idaho prices have been staying in the 1.93 range. 1.86 at Costco a few days ago when I gassed up. Looks like I won't be going back to the Oregon Coast this summer.

cjwright90
05-06-04, 09:12 AM
1.98 for midgrade in Western PA. Funny how local stations are run by middle eastern families...

jryanjack
05-06-04, 09:30 AM
Paid $1.97 for mid grade this morning.

jinelson
05-06-04, 10:08 AM
SF Bay Area California $2.37 for regular. They are hosing us all real good at the pump.

Lock-n-Load
05-06-04, 10:22 AM
:marine: You are right on....California has been raped at the pump for over 2+ years at over $2.00 per gallon [correct me if I am in error]...Californians are the bulls/eye for Corporate American greed at your hard earned weekly earnings...your Congressmen/women are cunning/creatures that strut around like peacocks before the media cameras...I'd love to relocate to San Diego, but it's living is too large for me to afford it there...plus, all those illegal wetbacks hangin' round, and your taxes paying up for their lame-asse$, too...but screwing American car owners at the pump is starting WW3...woe be it!!:marine:

USMC-FO
05-06-04, 10:31 AM
Filled up last night at $1.899 per gal. At 15 miles per gal and I drive around 500 miles per week working I think I need to start spending more time in my back yard.

enviro
05-06-04, 10:34 AM
In the United States last week, gasoline was averaging about $1.76 a gallon for regular unleaded, with some motorists in California paying more than $2.

The average price of gasoline in Britain was $5.38 a gallon, a bargain compared with the Netherlands, where it was $5.69 a gallon. In Germany it was $5.01. The French got away with paying $4.78.

Of course 4 of the top oil producing countries pay:

UZBEKISTAN Tashkent $1.01
KUWAIT Kuwait City $0.69
EGYPT Cairo $0.55
VENEZUELA Caracas $0.14

Lock-n-Load
05-06-04, 10:52 AM
:marine: What England-Netherlands-France & Germany pay for gas..we are not responsible for...that's their baggage and as for those 4 rag/head dusty countries...that superfecta has less than a 1,000 registered/cars ...most still drive donkey carts to work, etc...right now we are being throttled by the thoart and shaken lose of all our money in our pockets when we drive into a Corporate of American gas station...no ands n if's about it...our two [2] houses of Congress don't or won't help us out...Bush is running a War and we are taking it up the ying-yang [sideways]...GW Bush better look on upon the general welfare here at home..right now...he is our President...charity starts at home...thx for the comparisons enviro...it doesn't make me feel any better as I pull into a gas station to fill up....Semper Fi:marine---PS...I just drove by Gulf gas, two [2] days ago it was $1.89...now, it's $1.99...geez, anyone know where I can get a donkey cart??

enviro
05-06-04, 11:05 AM
I don't blame GW -

As gasoline prices continue to climb, finger pointing is becoming a national pastime. Led by Sen. Ted Kennedy, of all people, Senate Democrats say they are "outraged that the administration is not doing everything in its power to alleviate the strain on drivers, consumers and businesses."

This same Ted Kennedy, and Tom Daschle, have led Senate Democrats to block the administration's energy bill. They have done everything in their power to increase the strain on drivers, consumers and businesses by blocking every attempt to increase domestic oil production.

Americans have every right to be angry, as they watch the rising price of gasoline take a bigger bite out of their paychecks. But their anger should be directed toward the real cause of the unnecessary price increases: irresponsible reverence for the environment.

Anger should be focused on the League of Conservation Voters and the senator they have endorsed for president. Anger should be focused on the Sierra club, the National Wildlife Federation, Greenpeace, Defenders of Wildlife and the horde of environmental organizations that go ballistic whenever anyone proposes to drill a new oil well or build a new refinery.

Had these organizations and their well-funded congressional puppets not blocked exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge when it was first proposed, oil from that abundant supply would soon be coming on line to relieve supply pressure that forces prices upward.

But no. In every Congress for a decade, efforts to open ANWR have been met by massive, misleading anti-oil campaigns. The League of Conservation Voters claims that the oil there would last only six months. But the U.S. Energy Information Agency says that ANWR would increase domestic production by 20 percent.

Environmental organizations raise millions of dollars from mail campaigns that claim drilling in ANWR will destroy the last masterpiece of God's creation. The truth is that drilling in ANWR will affect only .1 percent – that's right, one-tenth of one percent – of the 19 million-acre refuge.

ANWR is the symbol for the greens' war on fossil fuel. Any use of fossil fuels is bad, according to the green gospel, and government should force society to turn to "alternative" fuels. This idiotic belief has resulted in regulations that add to the upward pressure on gas prices.

For example, fuel producers now have to formulate as many as 18 different blends to accommodate EPA requirements in different markets.

These same environmental organizations and Senate Democrats bashed the Bush administration unmercifully for withdrawing from the Kyoto Protocol. John Kerry, in particular, wants the U.S. to submit to the Protocol, which would give a U.N. agency the power to not only regulate fossil fuel consumption in America, but to impose an arbitrary tax as well.

Anger about high gasoline prices should be directed at these green organizations and toward the congressmen who continue to do their bidding by blocking expansion of domestic oil production. Environmental organizations are quick to point a finger at the "big oil companies" for price gouging, and Senate Democrats take pleasure in blaming the Bush administration.

The Internet is full of schemes to force "big oil" to lower prices by boycotting selected suppliers.

The cause of escalating prices is simple: The demand for oil is outstripping supply. Far too much of our supply comes from foreign sources, over which the United States has little or no control.

The solution is equally simple: Increase domestic oil production. And the best place to start is in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, followed by further exploration and production from federal lands and from domestic offshore reserves.

Increasing domestic oil production will not destroy the environment, as the green organizations contend. Modern technology offers increased production with hardly any adverse environmental impacts. Increased domestic production will not only reduce the price of gasoline, it will provide hundreds of thousands of jobs needed to further stimulate the American economy.

Americans should by now be weary of the environmentalists' claim that we can significantly reduce the demand for energy if we only "conserve." We have conserved by improving the efficiency of fuel use. But, there is a limit on the effectiveness of conservation efforts. Further calls for conservation measures to solve the energy problem are like suggesting fasting as a cure for starvation.

The solution to the energy problem lies in ignoring the environmental organizations and getting a handful of senators to do the same.

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Sparrowhawk
05-06-04, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Lock-n-Load
:marine: I voted 100% for both you Texans without reservations....lately, I have reservations about GW Bush whose words are empty to what is going on in wartime Iraq and more importantly...gas/oil prices in the Big PX...record high prices at the pumps...Daddy Bush sent military power to save the non/combatant Saudis and all their oil fields...American casualties for billionaire and salacious Saudis to fondle their 1,000 virgins....10 yrs later young Bush crushes Saddam and we occupy the world's 2nd largest/producing oil fields in the world [Northern Iraq], yet USA gas/oil prices continue to soar higher than any NASA flight...hey, Marlboro Man, how's about much lower gas/oil prices and giving a rat's ass about the voters who put you in the Oval Office.. unleaded regular gas is up to it's highest ever posting at $1.89...hey CIC...we giveth and we can take it away!!! Semper Fi, Mac:marine:

Get real, OPEC raised thier oil prices by 10% while Clinton was in office and they cut back production by twice that amount during his presidency. Our gas prices went up and they haven't come down since.

Clinton, never voiced any objection or tried to do anyhting about it.

I think, he and Prince saudo i'll rapeu had made a deal on the import of half of those 1,000 virgins to work as interns in the white house.

Toby M
05-06-04, 03:01 PM
Sparrowhawk: saudo i'll rapeau sounds French...could there be a collaboration? lol

Lock-n-Load
05-06-04, 04:56 PM
:marine: I agree with what you stated about Clinton's 8 yrs and the high gas prices, but what about Bush after almost 4 yrs...the last 2 yrs gas/oil prices are soaring at record levels almost daily increases...Bush is a multi-millionaire oilman many thousand times over...why can't we appeal to his professional acumen to curtail these flagrant increases???...Congress over several years just gives us lip/service with tea and sympathy and never a solution...if the top/man can't help us; all is for naught then...oh, I do live in the real world of hard /earned cash going into the greedy gas/oil magnate's hands. Semper Fi:marine:

paul g fleming
05-06-04, 06:32 PM
it sure socks somebody is getting rich on our blood

Sgted
05-06-04, 06:45 PM
If the price of milk went up like this there would be hysteria in Washington and among our citizens.
I believe most think there is nothing they can do to ease the situation.
I've watched this trend go on since the oil embargo days in the 70's. The oil producing middle eastern countries almost brought this economy to a standstill.
We were way too dependent on those countries for oil then and nothing has changed in the ensuing 30+ years.
It's time we started drilling for our own oil even if a few spotted owls perish. We can then tell Saudi Arabia, Venuzuela, etc that we'll give them $1.00 per barrel take it or leave it !!!.

The new guy on deck.
Ed.

d c taveapont
05-06-04, 10:26 PM
hell its $2.01 a gallon here in eastern utah....last week it was $1.99

Lock-n-Load
05-07-04, 04:34 AM
:marine: Welcome Aboard, Marine....I second your post...your bring up the oil crises in 197Os rings true today...our leaders talked tough but little was done to trump those oil barons we fought for in Saudi Arabia & Kuwait [OPEC] later in the 1990s...you have your eyes wide open...Semper Fi, Marine:marine: