PDA

View Full Version : Echo Three

BC22
05-04-04, 09:37 PM
Yesterday, I picked up Lance Corporal. It was pretty cool to go through the whole promotion ceremony and have two of my NCOs pin me on and get congratulated by the Company CO and 1stSgt. I just hope that I do well as a Lance, since I don't want to end up like a sh!tbird PFC who just got the crossed rifles because of TIS.

:marine:

fade2black
05-05-04, 08:07 AM
Congrats Marine! My advice to you is to learn from your NCO's. Find one that has a leadership style that you like, or better yet, take the leadership traits you like from several different NCO's and apply them to yourself. Grow as a leader and prepare yourself fully for the next rank. Never stop learning.

DSchmitke
05-05-04, 09:35 AM
Congrats Marine and keep up the good work . Semper Fi Devil Dog......

thedrifter
05-05-04, 09:40 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Ellie

Sgtj
05-05-04, 09:50 AM
Congrats... I always told my Lcpl's that this is an important time for you, sort of like a cross roads if you will. You can either press forward and get promoted ASAP or fall behind. There is nothing wrong with a 4 year lcpl that get out with an HD "not everyone is a leader" but if you want it you'll get it.. I don't want to get on my foot locker but graduated PI in Sept 97 I was promoted to Lcpl in march 98 then to Cpl in Dec 98 then to Sgt. Aug of 2000. Not great but trust me when I say rank has its bennies.

cjwright90
05-05-04, 10:53 AM
Congratulations, Devil Dog!

mrbsox
05-05-04, 10:55 AM
Congrats... one more step and you earn the 'blood stripe' on the Blues trousers.

I remember my Lance rifles, got them 'pinned' on in the Phillipines.

We USED (old Corps) to have M.C.I. courses that were like home study kind of stuff. Topics out the wazoo.

'Land Nav' (more Officers drop from OCS for Nav then any other single reason), 'The MARINE NCO', any thing that will keep you ahead of the pack. Any of that still available.

Ask to GIVE a simple class on something to you Platoon. Helped me get my meritouous E4 when the cutting score was outrageous (lost it later :( )

Read 'The leadership style of Atillia the Hun', and leave it laying around for the Gunny to see :p

And.... Take care of YOUR troops !!!

yellowwing
05-05-04, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!

"To all who shall see these presents, greeting. Reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities" - that always gave me a thrill of pride, no matter who was getting promoted. The celebrations aftwards were always enjoyable. I hope your NCOs made sure those crossed rifles were tacked on well!

BN COs are not easily impressed. His confidence in your fidelity and abilities warranted your promotion. If you have that burning desire to lead, go out of your way to seek new responsibilites. Learn from the NCOs and SNCOs. Above all do not step on your own crank!

I'm sure that you know that the Corps is full of opportunities to go above and beyond. Sea Duty, MSG, and the Drill Field. Do your job as a hard charging Lance God and its all possible. Every Seargeant Major of the Marines Corps was once a Lance Corporal!

Semper Fi!

Saurian'sEdge
05-05-04, 05:21 PM
Congrats on the promotion. Grab a set of Corporal cheverons and put them where you can see them, and remember where you came from.

BC22
05-05-04, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement and advice. I shall attempt not to "step on my crank" and keep on trucking :)

cjwright90
05-06-04, 07:37 AM
I knew plenty of LCPLs that were team leaders, and sometimes squad leaders. Keep working and maybe those CPL chevrons will find you sooner than later.