PDA

View Full Version : Another Pat Tillman Hater

enviro
05-04-04, 05:05 PM
http://www.ucomics.com/tedrall/

HE says he's only gotten a few emails about it so far.......

A cartoon questioning late footballer-turned-soldier Pat Tillman's credentials as a "hero" was pulled from MSNBC.com this afternoon. The drawing also brought Ted Rall 110 e-mails in less than 15 minutes.

The volume of mail had much to do with the cartoon being mentioned on the Drudge Report site, seen by many conservatives. Drudge linked to MSNBC.com until the cartoon was yanked. Then Drudge linked to the cartoon at Universal Press Syndicate's site (http://www.ucomics.com).

In a statement posted on its site, MSNBC.com said Rall's cartoons, like those by other creators, are "published daily on the site via an automated syndication feed. Such feeds are rarely reviewed. However, MSNBC.com Editor in Chief Dean Wright concluded Monday's Rall item did not meet MSNBC.com standards of fairness and taste."

Rall said in the cartoon that Tillman -- who gave up a $3.6-million National Football League contract to join the military and then died last month -- "falsely believed Bush's wars against Iraq (news - web sites) and Afghanistan (news - web sites) had something to do with 9/11. Actually, he was a cog in a low-rent occupation Army that shot more innocent civilians than terrorists to prop up puppet rulers and exploit gas and oil resources. So when Tillman got killed by the Afghan resistance, one word naturally came to mind: 'Uh -- idiot?' [says one person in the cartoon's final panel]. 'Sap?' [says another]. 'Hero!' [says an editor]."

When E&P called Rall, he had only received one message about the cartoon. But, as the interview went on, the messages started pouring in. A few were positive, but most were vicious. As Rall opened each e-mail for the first time, he quoted briefly from each one. "You make me sick"; "lies and distortions"; "move to France"; "I pity you"; "disgusting"; "sad and pathetic"; "f--- you, you coward bastard"; "I will s--t on your grave"; "horrendous"; "rot in hell"; "freak"; "I hope you're killed by an Arab terrorist attack"; "people died to publish the b.s. you do."

Rall, who risked his life in Afghanistan himself as a visiting cartoonist/writer after 9/11, told E&P: "The word 'hero' has been bandied about a lot to refer to anyone killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. But anyone who voluntarily goes to Afghanistan or Iraq [as a soldier] is fighting for an evil cause under an evil commander in chief."

"Tillman gave up millions of dollars," Rall added. "To that extent I think he's admirable, but the cause is not. ... He would have been a better person and a better husband if he took the $3.6 million and played football and left the poor and beleaguered people of Afghanistan and Iraq alone."

Rall's editorial cartoons have 140 clients (roughly half of them print newspapers). Universal Director of Communications Kathie Kerr said today that there has been "no reaction from editors as of yet, but a few e-mails from readers who oppose" the cartoon.

MillRatUSMC
05-04-04, 05:29 PM
This was Pat Tillman chose to enlist in the US Army than became a Ranger.
To protect and defend the Consitution of the United States of America.
Under that Consitution is the 1st Amendment;
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As much as we detest the rene gonzalez's and ted rall's of this world, the very reason why Pat Tillman place his life on the line allows them to express their thoughts of hatred through print or on a cartoon.
What sorry creatures, we feel only comtempt for their very existent in a free society.
The dead are beyond caring, this cartoon and rene gonzalez message of hatred are for their own benefit.
They shall reap what they sow.
When I'm silence and not swearing, is when I trully angry.
Yet I have to acknowledge that Pat Tillman's and many others in all our wars have giving these sorry creatures the right to write and print messages of hatred.
We shall Honor Pat Tillman in our hearts regardless of all these messages of hatred.
Pat Tillman sought no publicity for enlisting and turning down a lot money.
Yet these message of hatred have focus more publicity on Pat Tillman after his death than when he was alive.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
05-04-04, 05:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/tim_layden/04/23/remembering.tillman/

I choose to remember Pat Tillman by what Tim Layden prints on a page on the web.

Srew the rene gonzalez's and the ted rall's of this world...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

USMC-FO
05-04-04, 06:01 PM
As "Millrat" has well stated the the Pat Tillman's around us have died to grant the privilages that the Rall's and Gonzalez's of this world then use to to abuse the memory of the men who have died.

I am very troubled by the course of the war in Iraq but admire beyond words the lives of men like Tillman who follow a course of action they believe will advantage this nation and the lives of our countrymen. They act out, it seems to me, of committments few of us will ever have to excersize. They may well have been poorly served by our government and its leaders but that does not diminish the nobelity of their sacrifices. We need more men like Tillman and fewer like Rall and Gonzalez.

fade2black
05-04-04, 06:12 PM
Rall and Gonzalez are freeloading, spineless....ARRRGGHH....that don't have the sack to pick up a rifle and protect the very freedom they abuse daily. http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bazooka.gif

HardJedi
05-04-04, 07:53 PM
when i finaly start my revolution, it's jerks like them who will be up against the wall first!

( LORD! I am KIDDING! I am NOT gonna try and start a revolution)

Anyway, I believe, most of the things I would have to say here were really covered in the thread about Gonzales.

I will say, that while they and everyone else has the right to voice thier opinions on TIllman , to trample on a mans beliefs, and sacrifice, is just tasteless and heartless.

If these same people where dieng in a war started by Bill clinton, they would not make comments like this. Of course, then the OTHER side would.

0351teufelhund
05-04-04, 09:42 PM
Rall, who risked his life in Afghanistan himself as a visiting cartoonist/writer after 9/11, told E&P: "The word 'hero' has been bandied about a lot to refer to anyone killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. But anyone who voluntarily goes to Afghanistan or Iraq [as a soldier] is fighting for an evil cause under an evil commander in chief."

what?! that first line almost brought me to tears b/c i was laughing so hard. this guy's a piece of crap. he was on o'reilly tonight and it was great to see what each had to say. rall believes we were unjustified to attack afghanistan. he spewed some b.s. about why he did not believe bin laden and afghanistan were justifiable targets and stated that he wanted to see the War on Terror really begin. o'reilly ripped him a new one and closed the interview with, "You should be ashamed of yourself for what you did to Pat Tillman and his family." you could see rall's adam's apple quiver as he digested that comment. it was awesome.

namgrunt
05-05-04, 01:26 AM
I'd like to see Rall's used flight tickets and passaport stamps before I would believe he went to Afghanistan. It sounds like the sort of thing a wannabe would write to take heat off of himself.
" Oh yeah, dude. I was there, man, and drew the camels and everything...dude. Pass me that joint, bunkie. "

Where are his works from the trip(s?) to bang-bang land? Surely he has to have produced something to verify his claim.

So sad.

Sorry I missed the O'Rielly Factor show with this numbnut on, but I don't have Cable or Satellite dish, so I don't get FoxNews channel.

fade2black
05-05-04, 08:00 AM
I guess some turd cartoonist is getting better intel than the President these days since he "didn't believe Bin Laden and Afghanistan were justifiable targets". WTF does he know, he's just going on his opinion. I'm glad O'Rielly ripped him a new one...good for him!

0351teufelhund
05-05-04, 08:58 AM
i've been pulling an all-nighter studying for this damn test i hafta take in an hour. the saving grace was that i got to see o'reilly thrash that moron 3 times. i wish i had a VCR b/c i woulda taped it for all of you that missed it. o'reilly made the exact same point one of the sgt.s made: i guess you (ralls) have better intel than every politician that voted to remove the taliban as well as the CIA and the other government agencies that gathered and presented that intel. o'reilly told ralls, rather sarcastically, that whenever he had some evidence to the contrary that he should immediately present it on the Factor. it was the best interview i have seen o'reilly conduct in quite some time. o'reilly's the man (90% of the time anyways, when i agree with him).

namgrunt, i feel for you sgt. foxnews is the only place i get my television news. it is the only cable news channel that doesn't pull the "lefty slant." admittedly, foxnews is blantantly more conservative and "right-leaning" that any of the others, but i consider that a refreshing blessing. even the regular chicago news channels slant left. i don't know how you do it sgt. God bless you ;)

enviro
05-05-04, 09:08 AM
One thing about Fox News is that they don't try to disguise who's conservative and who's liberal. Other channels try to make out like they are unbiased. Bullcrap - they are clearly left leaning. The only time they looked unbiased is when Clinton was pulling another whopper in the White House. Then they have no choice but to air a story about the Pres getting a hummer from a fat chick.

namgrunt
05-05-04, 11:28 AM
0351tuefelhund
I have to do a lot more reading and dancing on the radio dial to get info bits here and there. Some things are just plain common sense (or perhaps uncommon sense). I'm operating on short rations when it comes to bucks for subscribing to cable channels and such. I can only imagine how much more I would contribute if my sources were broader.

enviro
LOL @ "hummer from a fat chick."
Easy partner, I happen to like ladies on the "plush" side. I've got marvelous memories of ample beauties on water beds which bring a satisfied smile to my face. Don't knock them before you date them. :D