PDA

View Full Version : Three Silver Stars, Navy Cross awarded at Camp Pendleton

DOWNINGDJ
05-04-04, 10:10 AM
Three Silver Stars, Navy Cross awarded at Camp Pendleton <br />
<br />
By: EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- On April 12, 2003, Oceanside-based Marines entered Baghdad without the kind of...

BC22
05-04-04, 09:47 PM
It's nice for these Marines to receive recognition for their bravery and dedication, but it still makes me angry that Lcpl. B Peixotto of 1st Tank Battalion has only received a Bronze Star with combat V (the same award given to Jessica Lynch) for his heroic actions that saved the life of his fellow crewmen and company commander. I haven't heard anything to suggest that he has been given a higher award for his courage.

usmc4669
05-04-04, 10:30 PM
It's nice for these Marines to receive recognition for their bravery and dedication, but it still makes me angry that Lcpl. B Peixotto of 1st Tank Battalion has only received a Bronze Star with combat V (the same award given to Jessica Lynch) for his heroic actions that saved the life of his fellow crewmen and company commander. I haven't heard anything to suggest that he has been given a higher award for his courage.

Jessica Lynch never should have receive an award. What in the H*ll did she do besides get captured and come home a Hero. What about the other Army soldiers who were taken captive at the same time, were they given the Bronze Star also? what about those poor basta*ds who came home in a flag drape box, I didn't see any parade for them. The Army and Air force were giving out awards like candy. The Marines don't do their jobs to get medals, they do what they are trained to do. Lcpl. B Peixotto did what he had to do, yes he should have received an award higher that Jessica Lynch, then like I said Lynch never should have received the Bronze Star.