PDA

View Full Version : sick, lame and lazy

wrbones
09-20-02, 08:29 PM
Let's see.....

My first duty station was with a pilot training squadron. We didn't get shipped anywhere, just trained pilots. Every couple months, we'd lose a few folks being transferred to a deploying squadron, and we would get all of that same squadron's sick, lame and lazy. Sick and lame can usually be dealt with. "Lazy" Marines were a little more difficult. In essence we got as many of the deploying squadron's troublmakers as they could reasonably get rid of.

It was always a challenge to lose our best people and have them replaced with ****birds.

Finally got myself transferred to one of those other squadrons. They were Marines. People, but Marines. It was much easier, for the most part in dealing with them.

Things generally got done a little quicker, a bit easier, if not with the same detail I would've preferred.

I do remember being with that training squadron when our folks'd transferred out and before the ****birds came in, there was always a "dead spot" a period of relative peace and a seeming lack of productivity.

Seemed like it happened that way in those other squadron's as well, only in reverse.

Here's to "dead spots".

Relative peace and calm.

badbob
09-21-02, 12:30 AM
I gave this one a lot of thought Bones

We just didn’t see many dead spots in the Grunts, or at least not what most civil folks would consider peace and calm.

Whenever there wasn’t any real tasks at hand, they always found something ChickenSh!t to keep us occupied.

The basic rule of the day was “A Complaining Grunt was a Happy Grunt”.

Today it’s a different story, I’ve learned to savor Peace and Calm,

but sometimes ya just can’t beat the good warm feeling ya get, when ya FRAG someone who really deserves it! - Now there’s Relative Peace & Calm

Semper Fi,
Bob

wrbones
09-21-02, 02:09 AM
LMAO @ you.

badbob
09-21-02, 01:14 PM
Semper Fi Bro,
Bob