PDA

View Full Version : The Fallen

MillRatUSMC
05-01-04, 12:56 AM
Should it have been shown?
I caught some of the remarks bt Ted Koppel, one being that he was opposed to as having wage war with Iraq.
He also stated that it was to honor those that had fallen.
It was suppose to non-partisan in nature not in support of any political party or person.
Yet by it's very nature it can be used for whatever purpose you desire...

MillRatUSMC
05-01-04, 12:59 AM
Some corrections;
Should it have been shown?
I caught some of the remarks by Ted Koppel, one being that he was opposed to us having wage war with Iraq.
He also stated that it was to honor those that had fallen.
It was suppose to non-partisan in nature not in support of any political party or person.
Yet by it's very nature it can be used for whatever purpose you desire...

Sorry...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

eddief
05-02-04, 02:46 AM
I watched and I was very moved.

namgrunt
05-02-04, 12:03 PM
I saw the last 10 minutes of it. It was moving, to hear the names and see the faces of dead countrymen. It was also psychologically disarming to consider that all the faces had families behind them. That disarmament of our resolve is what I saw as problematic. Was this supposed to intensify our courage and perseverance, or call doubt upon the mission at hand?

The media lives for controversy and hyperbole. They don't just do something out of the niceness of their hearts. Whatever the true purpose of this broadcast was, it will remain a mystery. The only way to be sure, of why it was put together, would be to gain access to the planning session notes and memoes of ABC News. That won't happen, so we play with possibilities instead.

It is a two-edged broadcast sword. I wonder which way ABC, and Disney Corporation, their owner, intended the blade to cut?

Semper Fi!