PDA

View Full Version : Christmas In April

usmc4669
04-30-04, 01:21 PM
Boy did I get some good news yesterday. When I got my Bank Statement from the Bank, I notice that DFAS-Cleveland deposited $7,324.00 into my checking account. I couldn't understand why they would be so generous with their money. So today I made a few phone calls and knowing how our Finance Department works had to make a few calls, send a few e-mails, then I found a phone number that wasn't a free-bees and call that one and behold I got a voice that I could talk to and get real answers. Seems as if when I put in for CRSC in July of 2003, it was finally approved and I received my first check in March of this year. Now unbeknown to me, it was retroactive back to July 2003. Now my problem is how do I get my wife the C.O. to let me have some of this early Christmas money in APRIL to spend on the old Gunny. Has anyone else been this lucky.

yellowwing
04-30-04, 01:29 PM
Try telling the CO that a new bowling ball would be good training? Oh, after a Mess Night with her of course!

DSchmitke
04-30-04, 01:34 PM
Good luck with the CO. If she is anything like mine it willl be hard. Mine grips on to real good. But that's what I like about her.

Super Dave
04-30-04, 01:34 PM
If it will make it easier..you can send the money to me...

Toby M
04-30-04, 02:20 PM
I don't have a wife Gunny so I would be happy to spend it for you. I need a new fishing rod (along with the trip to Alaska to fish for Salmon). I am in need of some R & R...LOL

mrbsox
04-30-04, 10:20 PM
Real simple...

Just explain how the $2,324.00 finally showed up.

She'll understand !!

d c taveapont
05-01-04, 05:24 PM
usmc4669: Just tell her slick willie sent it to ya. Then she won't touch it.......By the way what do you think of ippsy....ha ha..

namgrunt
05-01-04, 11:31 PM
Gunny
Buy a new set of golf clubs and knock the back nine holes for awhile.
Better yet, take the CO on a BIG shopping trip to Houston or Dallas/Ft.Worth. She'll hug you for it, 'til your ribs hurt.
:)