PDA

View Full Version : For All The Parents

SGT T
09-20-02, 12:33 PM
WOULD YOUR CHILD LET A STANGER IN THE HOUSE <br />
<br />
<br />
On a hot afternoon in California last month, Stuber knocked on the door of a house where 14-year-old Stephanie Walsh was home alone. <br />
&quot;Hi,&quot; he told...

USMC0311
09-20-02, 01:03 PM
10-4 Sgt T...it is wise for ALL to be Leary of strangers

Thank You for the informative post Marine!!

Semper Fi, Bro.

Sparrowhawk
09-20-02, 03:59 PM
Enjoyed reading it.

Can we get a version for young teenagers about how to choose their friends?

For daughter's about the boyfriend they want to go out on a date with?

But, hurry Bro, I'm running out of ammo and burying plots in the back yard.

Father of five daughter's

Sophora
09-20-02, 04:46 PM
I was sexually assulted at 7, it was 1965. I had a friend from dependants school at K-Bay who lived up the block at married enlisted housing. She had a teenage brother.....

I had two daughters and for some time raised them in foreign territoty, a city. I didn't want to instill my grave fear of people in them, yet I wanted to protect them from the horrors of what I experenced.

Strange danger is a big issue, yet most abductions and assults occur with known people, trusted people.

I have two grandson's now...my fear is that they will not be able to form a community..they are growing up being told you can't trust anyone, not your neighbors, your minister, your teacher, even your relatives.

Now is the time we need to be building communities. Places where all children are watched over, yours or the neighbors...where did Ozzy and Herriet get lost???

Sparrowhawk
09-20-02, 05:46 PM
Where did it all start to go wrong? Guess we can blame the Beatles, or pelvis Elvis, but I guess we need to go back to the 20's and then maybe all the way back to Adam & Eve.

Cain killing Able, Adam and Eve's first kids.

When one of the first boy came to my house to take one of my daughter's out on a date. I sat him, down and gave him a quarter. Told him to put it in his pocket.

He asked why?

I said; “I was a Marine machine gunner in the Vietnam War. A pastor, and retired Police officer. If you even think of touching my daughter you will need to call 911."

She was home on time. A few months later, found out her had gotten a girl pregnant.

Discernment is a good sense in many of us and women can sense danger often more easily than men but at that young age, you have been surrounded by friends and relatives that care and love you. Your mind and senses may alert you to danger, but the young mind still can't process it.

But the damage lasts a lifetime. Some of the worst abusers of children are those who have been abused but that is not an excuse. I have counseled many that did not resort to taking out their anger by abusing others.

I agree with you Janine, what a shame our kids need to be protected like never before. Saw that recently in our own neighborhood.

Before the Danielle van Dam and Elizabeth Smart abduction the kids in our neighborhood used to play out in the street. A bunch of them, playing into the early evening without any fear of danger.

I looked out shortly after those incidents and can see one or two parents out there with their children. I know my neighbors and we keep watch over each other.

Life changes. We can only do what is right in our own household and hope that influences others around us.

thedrifter
09-20-02, 05:57 PM
Sgt T....Good Post...........

Cook good thing I understand you....but we all know well teenages do what they like....but we hope and guide them to do the right thing...Just love your idea with the boyfriends.....LOL....

Sophie The best way to say it...yes in ways we need to teach our children there is people who are no good in all life...that includes the people we are suppost to trust...
How we explained it to our children.is..your gut feeling usually don't lie....If it don't feel right it isn't right....My children always knew they could go to Ellie for anything...which they did....and still do...They need to be advise that there is someone they can always talk to...and not to trust anyone except if they gut is saying it is alright.....

Sempers

Roger and Ellie