PDA

View Full Version : Kerry on channel 7 today, I threw my medals away!

Sparrowhawk
04-26-04, 09:23 AM
Can you imagine, receiving a ribbon, or medal from Commander-in-Chief Kerry, when he threw his ribbons away?

What value would they have?

Kerry told ABC news today, the night before in a meeting it was decided to throw our medals away. A vote was taken, to throw our medals away.

I voted to throw the medals away, No; I only threw my ribbons away, only the ribbons and I threw the medals of two other veterans.

I'm proud of what I did, I was against the war.

It’s all a Republican conspiracy, where was George Bush?

Four times, the Senator tried to change the subject to George Bush.

I would not want to have to accept my medals from a commander in chief, who does not value the medals, ribbons his country awards to those who fight its wars.

Kerry, we now, know did not truly earn, them, he truly did not pay the price for the Purple Heart, by throwing them away it reveals what little value he attached to them.

Would you accept a military award from him, if you were in the military today?

cjwright90
04-26-04, 09:40 AM
Well, hawk, you just clinched my decision. There is not just a No coming from me , but a hell no! I am no more going to vote Kerry than I would invite a grizzly to my campsite. B**e me Kerry.

yellowwing
04-26-04, 10:07 AM
I sure would. Its a personal service decoration, it has nothing to do with the presenter.

Super Dave
04-26-04, 10:29 AM
If i were to get one from him..I would let him know that I WOULD NEVER throw mine away.....and then tell him that he's UNSAT and drop and give me 1000!!

HardJedi
04-26-04, 11:09 AM
Well, this is tricky.

I would accept what i had earned. I would feel honored that I had recieved them from the OFFICE of the president. But I would also feel disgusted that I had to stand in that mans presence. I would let him know I thought he was a hypocrite, and i would take my medal(s) and be proud of what I had accomplished or earned. Like I said, I woould respect the office, but not the person in it.

gwladgarwr
04-26-04, 11:58 AM
I feel the same way. The medals aren't some gift from the Commander-in-Chief - it is recognition from the people of the United States. If I earned such medals (my last was a SMCR, though it's really time-in-grade), it doesn't matter who actually handed me the medals/ribbons.

If he thought that expressing his opposition to the Vietnam War was best expressed by throwing his ribbons on the steps of the Capitol (and it was only his RIBBONS - not his medals or medal-equivalent of his ribbons, which really doesn't make a difference.), he is wrong. The impression he was giving was that he equated the ribbons/medals with an "unjust war", but that's not true. Those awards aren't "Vietnam War-specific", even if they were for Vietnam - they represent his having performed extraordinarily in action that could have happened in ANY conflict.

If he so opposed the war, he could simply have said so. Throwing his ribbons on the Capitol steps only smeared the honor that the ribbons and medal represent. If he thought so little of them, he could have sent ALL of his medals and ribbons back instead of just tossing his ribbons on the steps. Some sacrifice, indeed.

On the other hand, you do some stupid stuff in your younger days that you regret in your golden years.

cjwright90
04-26-04, 12:10 PM
I rethink my answer. If I earned them, I would take them and keep them. I still would not vote for Kerry if he gave me a dollar. Just don't like him. Like Hardjedi said-respect the office not the man.

kentmitchell
04-26-04, 03:36 PM
the Bush campaign should save its money.
Kerry's doing himself in quite nicely.
I saw him on Good Morning America. Even with Charles Gibson lobbing liberal softballs Kerry had trouble. He wouldn't shut up and listen to the questions. Didn't seem to realize they were just puff to make Gibson look like a journalist while letting Kerry explain that 1) He threw away his ribbons and the medals of others, 2) he didn't throw away his medals.
Do ribbons have less significance than medals? I mean, they represent the same thing. Don't they??????

usmc4669
04-26-04, 08:19 PM
There he goes again, I did ,I didn't.

I don't think that i have anything to worry about, at my age who would give me a medal. I do have one of my cousins lapel pins, one from George H. W. Bush, I wouldn't take one from John Kerry. Would like one from George W. Bush. I hope that some member don't thank that I am bragging.

cjwright90
04-27-04, 06:44 AM
If you earned them, brag away!

enviro
04-27-04, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't p*ss on John Kerry if he was on fire and begged me to.

If he were elected Commander-in-Chief (God forbid) and was to present any Marine with a medal, it is our honor and duty to protect the OFFICE of the President. Therefore, anything other than letting him pin it on and shaking his nasty little hand would be unacceptable - such as sticking your boot so far up his rear his great-great grandkids will be able to taste the boot polish.

John Kerry will never know the meaning of honor and duty. He is an opportunist that has done what was popular at the moment. That's what a follower does. A sap. A trained monkey.

We need a leader, Mr Kerry, not a follower!

usmc4669
04-27-04, 08:48 AM
cjwright90

If you earned them, brag away!

Here's a picture of the pin.

usmc4669
04-27-04, 09:07 AM
What does the F stand for? <br />
<br />
For any Marine who has earn any award no matter how small or how large, (don't know if that's the proper term to use) anyway, to have it presented to him by Kerry if he...

namgrunt
04-27-04, 09:32 PM
One can recieve an earned medal and/or decoration, but not shake the hand of the presenter. Would that presenter then take back the medal? I think not.

John FORBES Kerry is a nightmare for our nation. If he gets into the Oval Office, we will start down the road of usurpation of national sovereignty. The last President and his "co-president" did a pretty good job of disemboweling our national capabilities. We don't need someone as President, who will pick up where they left off.

Sparrowhawk
04-27-04, 10:15 PM
because he can't make up his mind, he's going to have two individuals as VP's for two years it will be Al Gore and the last two years it will be Hillary Clinton, or Ted Kennedy, he hasn't made up his mind yet.

LOL

FREEBIRD
04-28-04, 11:09 AM
USMC4669, I don't know all but i have 2 dischrges from the USMC, neither signed by a president of the united states???? mine were both signed by my Commanding Officer??

and for John F. Kerry, I've said it before on here,

I WOULD'D P I S S ON HIS A S S IF HIS GUTS WERE ON FIRE!!!
AS THEY USE TO SAY IN THE OLD CORP, HE'S LOWER THAN
WHALE SH!T !!!

usmc4669
04-28-04, 12:16 PM
I don't think that I said a discharge.-, I may have. I was talking about when you retire now, from what my son told me, you will get a letter from the President of the United States thanking you for...

gys
04-28-04, 12:59 PM
USMC4669 <br />
I don't think that I said a discharge.-, I may have. I was talking about when you retire now, from what my son told me, you will get a letter from the President of the United States...