PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

shark6485
04-24-04, 11:10 AM
If I was to get a Marine Corps tattoo sometime after boot camp, would it disqualify me from Force Recon somewhere down the road? I was wondering if having a tattoo distinguishing someone as a Marine would disqualify him from a unit such as Force.

Caesar Augustus
04-24-04, 12:16 PM
There is a new policy saying that a tattoo can't be see in PT gear and can't be racial or offensive. As we were told no it won't affect you. Only thing it might affect is your chances of being an officer later on. This is accurate as of 16apr

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-04, 11:54 PM
There are a few things you can't do in life if you have marked your body in a way that can't be done away with... Force isn't one of them. In fact, I can't think of any Force guy that didn't have at least one tattoo somewhere.

leroy8541
04-25-04, 08:59 AM
I got an idea, why don't you go out today and get RECON tatooed to your forehead with the O resembling the EGA that would be soooo cool.

jeffdw
04-25-04, 10:36 AM
That would look cool.

maverickmarine
04-25-04, 12:09 PM
I can tell you for sure that a tattoo will not prevent you from joining Force. As a former member i had a Marine tattoo that i got fresh out of boot and never had an issue. Now, just don't go getting a Recon tattoo..that might present an issue or two. The only thing that will prevent you from becoming a Force Recon Marine would be whether or not you can hack it. Get some!