PDA

View Full Version : All Please Read

CAS3
04-19-04, 11:13 AM
Please go to the following link and edit your post to remove your service number....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13814

It is a large security risk.

namgrunt
04-19-04, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Cas.

I didn't print mine, but I can see where it might be a problem for those who did.

thedrifter
04-19-04, 12:03 PM
Bumping Up....For All to See.........

Ellie

thedrifter
04-19-04, 01:57 PM
Bump;)

radio relay
04-19-04, 02:22 PM
I've tried to warn people about that in the past, but finally gave up, because there are those out there who just like to be ignorant. Jeesh, some folks even have their service number as part of their user id's.

SF

usmc4669
04-19-04, 04:37 PM
CAS3

All Please Read: Please go to the following link and edit your post to remove your service number....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/s...&threadid=13814

It is a large security risk.

Veteran/Inquirer 04/19/2004 01:11 PM
My question is, if someone knows my Military service Number can they get my VA information as to how much VA compresation that I am receiving and also can they change my Direct Deposit from my Bank to another Bank without Me being aware of it.
GySgt Marvin Bush USMC Retired

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 04/19/2004 03:49 PM
Mr. Bush,
The amount of compensation we can give out, but to change we need to request more information such as social security number, date of birth, and we can ask for dates of service also. We try to protect our veterans as much as possible, but sometimes bank and accounts have been changed. I checked your account and nothing has been changed.
Thank You,
Dianne

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 360 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

usmc4669
04-19-04, 04:47 PM
CAS3

Wished that you had deleted the thread when it was first posted

thedrifter
04-19-04, 05:06 PM
All number have been edited out for those folks.....

Ellie

usmc4669
04-19-04, 05:46 PM
thedrifter
TOP MODERATOR

All number have been edited out for those folks.....
Ellie

Thanks

CAS3
04-19-04, 06:44 PM
Gunny
Are you clueless?
I work in the VA system. If I were a criminal, I could have done all I said I could do.
Why would I delete my posting? I am making veterans aware that they are in danger when putting their service numbers on the boards.

usmc4669
04-19-04, 07:11 PM
CAS3

Gunny
Are you clueless?
I work in the VA system. If I were a criminal, I could have done all I said I could do.
Why would I delete my posting? I am making veterans aware that they are in danger when putting their service numbers on the boards

CAS3 I think that you misunderstood me, I meant the one that was posted asking what your service number was, not the one that you posted warning us of the danger of posting them and no I am not clueless.