PDA

View Full Version : MCSF and Embassy duty? same thing?

Kelvin Quinonez
04-14-04, 11:49 AM
Do Marine Security Forces Marines do Embassy Duty? Is it the same thing? If it is, how long do are you at an embassy?

HardJedi
04-14-04, 12:04 PM
LOL well, NO WAY NO HOW is it even close to the same thing. at least 15 years ago it wasn't not sure NOW, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Embassy guy's go to a WHOLE different school

HardJedi
04-14-04, 12:24 PM
Besides, Security Force duty is generally 18 month. Embassy Duty is 36 months if I remember correctly. 19 months at a hardship ost. 18 months at a good post. once again, at least that's the way it USED to be.

Look, a recruiter will tell you all kinds of things about the MCSF. they tell you it's just like the MP's, or Just like Embassy duty. IT IS INFANTRY with a security clearance most of the time. you train as infantry, you live as infantry, and everyone but the Non-coms and officers are infantry. and what a JOKE that was. HAving a dang COOK as a Platoon Sergant, or a 1st Lt from Supply acting as Platoon Commander.

LivinSoFree
04-14-04, 03:44 PM
HardJedi, you are correct in that it is still36 months, but I have a buddy who's at MSG school right now, and they've now divided the 36 months into 3 separate tours, in ratings Tier I-III (I being relative paradise and III being just short of Mogadishu, with II somewhere in between).

hump_drop
04-14-04, 04:23 PM
HardJedi is also correct about the SF battalion, all the LCPL and below are 03xx, most of the non-coms and zeroes are not infantry, but some are combat arms MOS's.

I went to Albania in 97 with MCSF Naples with an Admin clerk as a squad leader, he tried so hard... LOL he was a joke.

Most of the NCO's are good Marines and don't try to fake being 03's.

arnoldyG/2/5
04-14-04, 04:44 PM
Don't want to offend any MCSF Marines out there, but a lot of the MCSF Marines that PCS'd to our unit were unsat. Especially the NCO's. It was a hell of a lot of work to shape their as*es up for infantry work

Kelvin Quinonez
04-14-04, 05:22 PM
ok, just wanted to know. thanks

1recon
04-15-04, 12:00 AM
How do you get into the Embassy Guard? I had a friend who was in the Embassy guard, and it sounded like something I would like to try to get into.

CPLRapoza
04-15-04, 01:43 AM
I'm on MSG Duty right now, my tour consisted of to 15 month post, but they are changing it to 3 12 month Post. MSG is more Admin compared to MCSF. But MCSF is a typical Marine unit, MSG is more independent. You live in a Marine House, with the rest of your Detachment, you have a cook and maid hwo does pretty much everything but clean your room, a 24 hour driver, and alot of work. Not sure about MCSF. You would have to ask someone who has been there. If you have any more question just PM me.