PDA

View Full Version : chevrons?

0351teufelhund
04-14-04, 02:22 AM
this topic was covered b4 but i didn't quite get it (K.I.S.S.). how do i post my chevrons? i am a lowly LCpl but i'm F'ing proud to earn that rank in the greatest fighting force in the world. a couple MCI classes and faithful service in iraq, and i can earn NCO. everyone on this board knows that an NCO in the Corps means much more than an E-4 anywhere else. i would be honored and extremely proud to hold that title. thanks brothers. SEMPER FI!

namgrunt
04-14-04, 03:25 AM
Follow Me!

This is accessible from any page, or screen, you are on.

1st: Above, in the medium blue status line, with the underlined choices labeled: " Forum Home :: User CP :: Register :: Calendar :: Members :: New Posts [Search For (go)] Advanced "
.....Click "User CP"

2nd: On the next page, titled "User Control Panel for *username*", there is a line of choices outlined in thin blue line, below the small American flag, and the words Leatherneck.com, etc. etc.
.....Click the THIRD enclosed box, titled " Edit Options ".

3rd: At the very bottom of the new page, there is a choice category labeled " Other Options ". Within that box are two options, "Use vBCode quick links.....etc, etc," and " AVATAR "
.....Click the " Change Avatar " box at the far right.

4th: Choose your rank from the Avatar graphic selections. (The second page has USMC Generals, and Royal Marine Ranks)
.....Click " Submit Modifications " That is all.

You're finished, and can click to return to the homepage or wherever else you choose.
You should see your rank below your username in the " Login " box of the homepage. I don't know if this will change the ID box in your old postings, but you can take a look to see if it does.

If you earned service hashmarks and want to include them, go back to the -User Control Panel- page, and click " Edit Profile ". Under the category " Optional Information ", you will see " Select your Hash Mark(s): ", and a pulldown menu on the right. Select the number of years you served, and the hashmarks will be added next to your rank, as you have seen on other members' ID boxes.

Enjoy, Devil Dog.

Semper Fi!

0351teufelhund
04-14-04, 04:32 PM
thanks namgrunt.

namgrunt
04-14-04, 09:13 PM
Good man, teufelhund.

If you are still on active duty, or active reserve, you may have to change that Avatar for something "taller" as time goes by. If you make a career, then you'll accumulate Hash Marks too.

Hang tough, and keep the Faith, LCpl.

Semper Fi!

namgrunt
04-14-04, 10:02 PM
By the way, FYI, Lance Corporal is a fine rank. I was a grunt squadleader when I was a Lance Corporal. And ...for about three minutes on my last day in combat, I was a LCPL Platoon Commander, before I was "relieved" by the enemy.
Never let your rank stand in the way of ingenuity and creative winning. You are expected to adapt on the fly in combat.