who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

usmc4669
04-12-04, 07:53 PM
Look who's standing.

usmc4669
04-12-04, 07:55 PM
he gave his life so that we can have freedom

usmc4669
04-12-04, 08:05 PM
ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD,
AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM

I don't know if you saw this in the news but it really impressed me. Funny, our US Senate/House took 2 days off as they couldn't work because of the expected storm.
On the ABC evening news, it was reported tonight that, because of the dangers from Hurricane Isabelle approaching Washington DC, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment.
They respectfully declined the offer, "No way, Sir!"
Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be afforded to a serviceperson.
The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930.
I don't usually suggest that many emails be forwarded, but I'd be DAMN proud if this one reached as many as possible.
We can be very proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.
God Bless them.

"Here Rests
In Honored Glory
An American Soldier
Known But To God"

d c taveapont
04-12-04, 08:38 PM
YES 4669, it is the veteran who has died in the name of freedom, then why are so many of us bickering among ourselves, maybe its because we have different views about things, and maybe its because those such as I. look at those who have not seen combat as not our equal. as it so goes for rank in the service. or how many years that you have served its a pity when it gets to this....i have made this mistake........and so i walk away from it....the mouse

usmc4669
04-12-04, 08:54 PM
YES 4669, it is the veteran who has died in the name of freedom, then why are so many of us bickering among ourselves, maybe its because we have different views about things, and maybe its because those such as I. look at those who have not seen combat as not our equal. as it so goes for rank in the service. or how many years that you have served its a pity when it gets to this....i have made this mistake........and so i walk away from it....the mouse

"bickering among ourselves" sometimes we say things out of anger and frustration, we don't want others to disagree with our thinking. Don't let them get the best of you, we do have gentle Marines on this board, at times I'm not one of them. When it come to politics you have to lock and load, mark your target and be ready to fire back. just be sure of your target, and make one shot be the job. Don't waste your shots at those that are just trying to get to you, sometimes this is just for fun to them. One day they are liberals and then the next day they are conservatives.

d c taveapont
04-12-04, 09:40 PM
usmc 4669, its to much to deal with when 4-7 Marines hammer you for something that was posted because it was against their views, it has happened to me, and i stood my ground until some said, please mr. moderator keep him off of the bb, and even he called me a POS, and I never did make any remarks against him other than thats real classy for an gysgt, i am just an old 0351 who has done my time in the CORPS. rest easy Marine for there are others watching over us....the mouse