PDA

View Full Version : Clarence "Hank" Lehr

dlandrum
04-12-04, 10:41 AM
Hello, Marines:

My father - Hank Lehr - passed away suddenly on March 20, 2004. He was a WWII vet. He served in the 5th Division, 27th Regiment, 1st Battalion. I am attempting to locate the patches that would commemorate these Units. I have located a source for the 5th division, but can not seem to locate anything that would commemorate the 27th Regiment and/or the 1st battalion for WWII. If anyone knows of a source for these patches, I would certainly appreciate hearing from you.

In case there is anyone out there that might have served in the same unit or knew my father, I am posting here the obituary that was printed in local newpaper in the town where he lived:

Clarence ‘Hank’ Lehr

Clarence “Hank” Lehr, 79, of 7255 Dover-Zoar Rd., Dover, died Saturday, March 20, 2004, at Northport, Fla., from a massive stroke.

He was born Jan. 23, 1925, at Detroit, Mich., a son of the late Clarence Lehr Sr. and Cleona Vessels Lehr. He was a retired accountant and a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church. He served his country in World War II as a corporal in the Marine Corps, 5th Division, 27th Regiment, 1st Battalion, Headquarters Co., on Iwo Jima, Japan. He enlisted July 10, 1943, and was honorably discharged April 20, 1946.

Surviving are his widow, the former Marian T. Loos, whom he married June 10, 1950; daughters, Barbara J. Mechlin (Mike), Deborah A. Landrum (Joseph, deceased), and Tina M. Thatcher (Peter); sons, Clifford H. Lehr (Teresa) and Michael P. Lehr (Tracey); sister, Mary J. Scott (husband, John, is deceased); grandchildren, Michelle C., Timothy M. and Maria E. Lehr and Philip P., Kaitlyn M., Christine E. and Christopher M. Thatcher.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Clarence and Cleona Lehr; brothers, Glenn and Karl Lehr; brother-in-law, John Scott; sisters-in-law, Nella and Autrie Lehr; son-in-law, Joseph Landrum; and granddaughter, Katherine Lehr.

Service arrangements are pending in St. Joseph Church at Dover. Fr. William Arnold will officiate, and burial will be in St. Joseph Calvary Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to Birthright of Dover, St. Joseph Church or School or Maryknoll Fathers.

thedrifter
04-12-04, 11:08 AM
Sorry for Your Loss.....

Prayers and Thoughts to the Family and Friends.....

Rest In Peace Marine.......

Ellie