PDA

View Full Version : ms c.rice

d c taveapont
04-08-04, 02:00 PM
The question that jumps out at me is: we had intelligence reports about some suspicious people taking flight lessons in florida, ms rice also said in the memo something BIG was going to happen, then WHY didn't our security advisor and her staff put two and two together? instead they thought that something was going to happen abroad, WHY didn't they put those people in florida under survillence, and if they heard the possible use of airplanes WHY were there no sky marshals aboard all flights in and out of the country, no one will step up and say we screwed up. its all the other administrations fault,, as far as i am concerned the security advisor and her staff screwed up.....and i hope i don't offend any one....:(

Super Dave
04-08-04, 02:36 PM
Hindsight=20/20

kentmitchell
04-08-04, 02:41 PM
d c,

Here's some facts:
1. David Stempler, president of the Air Travelers Association, an advocacy group, estimated that there were slightly more than two dozen marshals remaining on duty at the time of 9/11, all flying on overseas routes.
2. There might have been a marshal onboard one of the 9/11 flights but there were also 10-15 muslim terrorists aboard. No one will ever know if there actually was a marshal aboard any of those flights.
3. Quit being a second-guesser. Any idiot can look back and call the shots, just look at all the idiots in Washington doing it right now.
4. You want to impress me? Tell me when and where the muslims will strike next. That's what we should worry about.

d c taveapont
04-08-04, 06:55 PM
Whoa there Marine, i don't need to impress any one, ms rice also said that the president was tired of swatting at flys, did HE mean al queda? and did he mean to go after iraq, were'nt the terrorist armed with knifes and box cutters, IF we had taken the threats serious we would atleast saved some lives,,,,,,,the mouse

Sparrowhawk
04-08-04, 08:15 PM
and even today for many people it is hard to understand the terror that was unleased that day, because we are acivilized nation.

We had never experienced suicide bombers in the US, in our back yard and so we could not have imiagined what happened on 9-11.

Ms. Rice explained quite well what was happeneding in the intelligance community, during that time and none of it added to what happened on 9-11.

but the real problem here is not what we didn't do, but that the terrorist, Muslim terrorist declared war on long before 9-11,
and Ckinton never did anything about it.

Had president Clinton re-acted with force then perhaps 9-11 might not have happened. But the real blame lies in the Muslim community that allows these type of individuals to run their lives and control their fate and faith.

terrorism is here to stay and Sprain still didn/'t get the wake up call, so the terrorist were planning to strike again.

Now Sprain wants us to help protect them during the up coming summer Olympics.

You can't have peace with those type of Muslims unless you hand over your life and our freedom, but then you become their subjects, which is what they have vowed to accomplish. We just still haven't gotten it.

I expect another major terrorist incident to occure in american, and who will we blame then? Will we cave in as Spain has?

People do not want to see pictures like this, but if we don't fight them on their turf we will have to fight them on ours.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040408/040408_iraq_fallujah_hmed_4a.h2.jpg
U.S. Marines give first aid to a slightly wounded comrade Thursday in the Sunni Muslim flashpoint town of Fallujah, west of Baghdad.

nest time, will we turn and blame who ever is the president at that time? Or will we go after those truly responsible for terrorism, will we go after those countries that support, finance or harbor terrorist and their funding?

Pres Bush said shortly after 9-11 that those countries would be held responsible, which included Iraq, iran and Saudi arabia. Its Iran's ugly hand meddling in the affairs in Iraq that supports and supplied the criminals that struck our citizens in Fallujah.

when will we ever learn, its not our government who is to be blamed for 9-11 but those countries that seek our destruction, by the use of terrorism. now shall we go after Iran and Saudi Arabia?
if the answer is NO, then that hesitation only encourages more terrorism against our citizens and our interst..

Just my thoughts

d c taveapont
04-08-04, 08:37 PM
I thank you all for your comments, in boot if some thing happened on your watch YOU took the blame, the widows of 9-11 were on hard ball and they found out that one of the terrorist was taking flight lessons in minnesota, and that he even was in jail but was released and they found this out on their own,,, they even knew about the terrorist in florida the same state that is about to grant Illegal aliens the right to have drivers license...whats next ........... the mouse :marine:

Sparrowhawk
04-08-04, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by d c taveapont
Whoa there Marine, i don't need to impress any one, ms rice also said that the president was tired of swatting at flys, did HE mean al queda? and did he mean to go after iraq, were'nt the terrorist armed with knifes and box cutters, IF we had taken the threats serious we would atleast saved some lives,,,,,,,the mouse

"ms rice also said that the president was tired of swatting at flys,"

That's not what she said, what she said, was that the president was not going to be swatting flys, as Clinton had done, he wanted to destory them where they breed.

d c taveapont
04-08-04, 09:23 PM
and take our country into a war that will last as long as a few years and many Marines and Servicemen wounded or dead! i say for what? i heard atleast 30 million iraqs have their freedom, than WHY don't they help fight the terrorist. or is it that old saying. "Freedom has a taste the protected will never know." i believe the blame will settle on the F.B.I and the C.I.A. .....the mouse

tophor
04-08-04, 09:55 PM
The govt knew about terrorist activity that was going to be directed at the US back BEFORE the 1993 bombing of the Trade Center. They, the C.I.A., had info from the Philipenes(spelling?) from terrorists that they caught training over there, which more were caught in 1995/1996. So this bull crap about that they could not prepare for such an attack on 9/11 is a load of s**t. My cousin and a few of my friends and also all of the people of that tragic day would still be here today if the govt had gotten off their hands and increased security and implement all of the security measures they enacted after 9/11, 9/11 might not have happened.

d c taveapont
04-08-04, 11:18 PM
You have that right brother, maybe after all is said and done some one might stand up and say I'M SORRY I failed you all. to the familys that lost loved ones.......the mouse

d c taveapont
04-09-04, 09:42 AM
I have to thank the staff at leather neck for letting us vent our feeling and more. if i was back on another web i would have been deleted by now. the mouse

Kurt Stover
04-09-04, 10:11 AM
That is because you came up with non sensical posting such as you have here. You mis state and agreive, back up re-mis state and change your view as if changing tv stations.

You are caught up in either a mumbo jumbo liberal idea and won't face the facts as they are stated, interpeting what was actually said and making up your own new statement pushing the envelope of stupidity as many liberals do to make their world "More Perfect"

Or, you are blithering idiot. Either way, I don't know, but when you were at Grit's, you made the same dumb a$$ statements over there. Now you come here and spout drivel that has been refuted twice. Get a clue dude.

radio relay
04-09-04, 10:30 AM
Hey taveport!

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Why didn't Carter do anything? Why didn't Reagan do anything? Why didn't Bush the first do anything? Why didn't Clinton do anything?

Hmmmmm?

How come you bleeding hearts don't give a hoot in hell about them?!?!? (Most specifically, Billy "Blow Job" Clinton?) They had over two frickin' decades to get this under control. They all did nothing. Nothing!!! Except tear down the very agencies that we are now screaming about being so ineffective!

Then, you expect GW Bush to get it all fixed, and all the bureaucratic snafus healed in seven months?

They teach you in boot camp what? Don't give me that! It's totally, and completely not relevant!

You keep going down that path of blaming the guy who is trying to keep any more 9/11's from happening again, and we're going to lose a hell of alot more than the world trade center.

It's a war, sweetcheeks!!! You invade countries, and route out those who are warring against you. Marines get killed and wounded doing it. Didn't you "learn" that in bootcamp, too?

Join the sob sisters on the sidelines, if you can't deal with it!

SF :marine:

Kurt Stover
04-09-04, 10:54 AM
Hey RR, how come your BB is down?

Kurt Stover
04-09-04, 10:55 AM
As I was...it's up now.

locobrujo
04-09-04, 11:21 AM
Learn from our mistakes and take the necessary measures to reduce the chances of them repeating in the future. Stop spending millions of dollars trying to point a finger at one political leader or one political group.

Why does the investigation have to be done in a public forum? Is it a public hearing because "the people" have a right to know or because it will help and/or hurt political allies/opponents?

Where would our country be today if this same type of investigation was conducted after Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941? How much did Roosevelt really know? Hmmm?!! Maybe we shouldn't have committed our troops to the Pacific and European theaters either! Then we wouldn't have lost so many good men (and women) and Japan and Germany would probably have never bothered us again. (Yeah right!!)

Are we going to start holding public hearings everytime a gangbanger kills someone in a drive by shooting because the police knew there was a gang problem and that there was the potential threat of a drive by but they didn't do enough to stop it?

Identify the problems, fix them, and move on. Don't advertise what we found that was flawed and what we are doing to prevent it the future. Hence the term: "Need to Know"

scripter
04-09-04, 12:19 PM
I think this 9/11 Commission is a waste of taxpayers' money. I don't understand the necessity of "investigating" the who, what, when, where, how of the events of 9/11. It was a terrorist act, it was a dark day for America, what it wasn't was some conspiracy on the part of the US government to validate going after al-queda, in my opinion. I'm sorry people died and families were shattered. But there is little to be gained by this commission. It's about as valid as Ken Star investigating the Clintons for Whitewater. The very reason I never vote yes for a bond issue, or democrat is because there is plenty of money in the government coffers, if they'd stop wasting it chasing shadows. I agree with you this seems like a slippery slope into investigation overkill. I would much rather see an "investigation" done on the Okla City bombing. I never believed that McVey acted alone, and I think those families would be better served with some real answers, it's a shame they have to get them from 60 Minutes.

I have never understood how the US govt focus went from OBL to SH and "freeing" Iraq. I am an educated, well read, middle class woman, and I try to keep up on events and vote my conscience. I initially thought Bush was just blowing smoke, but then when we actually went to war, I just kept wondering, "why"? It's an insult to POWs and the MIAs of Vietnam to compare the Iraq fiasco with the Nam. My uncle and father both completed several tours in Nam, and thankfully, came home alive. I was quite young and didn't understand why they had to get on big planes and go fight a war so far away. In my mid-40s, I now don't understand why my friends' sons must fly far away and fight this war. Is it about oil? Is it really about trying to settle a religious conflict that has raged for centuries? I'd think the US govt would learn from the Israel/Palestine mess that we cannot be the world's mediator, just because we're the richest, most powerful. Some cultures thrive on conflict, we do not. To try and get everyone else to live by our mores seems nuts.

How do we get out of Iraq and save face, and do some good for the innocent people we saught to liberate? Sorry I've taken so much space.

d c taveapont
04-09-04, 12:23 PM
ha yes the grits forray, maybe thats why grunt. com is rated 86th out of the top 100 Marine Corps Web sites! i checked in a couple of times and all the boys did was jump on each other. tsk.tsk. o.k sweet heart, i can look up from the computer that i am on and there is one picture that stands out. B. Pinnecoose who is in iraq right now. who is he? he is a COUSIN of my wifes and i had known him since he was a child. now tell me i don't care about whats happening in iraq......i'm not going to swear at you because I respect you as a Marine even though I know you don't respect me...thats fine...the mouse

Kurt Stover
04-09-04, 12:29 PM
You got one thing right, you did take up to much space....sigh. If you are educated and well read, why in the world would you ask if it's oil or trying to settle a religious conflict?

It is neither. It is because we got our pee-pee slaped on 11 Sept . And we finally have president that's willing and able to see far enough into the future beyond his term limit that this is a long haul deal. There is no easy fix. We are taking the fight to them instead of the local Krogers or Albertsons grocery store down the block from your house.

I'm outta here...have a great Easter and smoke cigars and drink lots of cheap scotch...Whoo-Hoo!

Kurt Stover
04-09-04, 12:36 PM
Errr. D C, it's not that at all, and I never questioned what you cared about or did not care about. You have incomplete thoughts and ramblings that contradict yourself in the same paragraph. You wear your feelings on your shirtsleeve and can’t commit to a single stand. Your first post over at Grits was a dichotomy in itself also and you ended up the last post on your first post thread going along with what I said and had totally abandoned the stance you started off with.

Evidently as you fall into slumber you revert back to the original stance and state it again. Get a clue and read your posts. You wave the fact that you are Nam vet as if it is the be all to the Marine Corps. My Dad was in Nam and he got on with life and is over it. I’m a Vet from the PI in 1986, Gulf War and soon to be this action in Iraq or AFG. I’m reservist puke and I know it, but I’m going over.

I could care less if you respect me or not, it don’t affect me in any way shape or form…if you pay taxes, that’s good enough for me. I have two cousins that are over there right now…I care, but if they go to the happy hunting grounds, well dang it that’s the way it goes…if I bite it well dang it that’s the way the old ball bounces.

Outta here for real!:banana:

d c taveapont
04-09-04, 01:04 PM
yes sir. and i usually don't call any one SIR, if your going to IRAQ or AFGAHANISTAN good hunting, i do have a new grand daughter and if your going to fight for her freedom in IRAQ or AFG, so be it but if the terrorist come HERE i will fight for her freedom and do all that i can to protect HER and my family and those in this small town......the mouse

MillRatUSMC
04-09-04, 05:32 PM
For my $.02 worth...I told my wife the other day all this "investigating" by 9/11 Commission reminds of a cartoon, where one man is point at another man and that man is point back to the first man, saying "You did it!" or "Your responsibile!"
Evil never announces what it is going to do.
So it all really xhit IMHO...
Could we have done things different on 9/11/2001?
Should we have been more prepare to meet a terrorist act on our Jet Liners?
All this is second guessing or looking from hindsight.
And it's was stated "Hindsight is 20/20".
I must agree with locobrujo, that it should not be done in public, because who does it aid.
Some say don't compare Iraq to Vietnam...but I'm getting an old feeling...the only pictures I'm seeing now is of the dead and wounded or terrorists celebrating on causing us pain.
Who at fault?
The pictures coming out of Vietnam in the 60's and 70's were of more help to our enemies than the American public that they were aimed at.
I'm starting to rumble because so much is on my mind.
We can't appease and we can't run, so were stuck to see this through the end.
To do otherwise would lay us open to more attacks here at home.
We have to take the fight to them or fight them here...
That's been my $.02 worth...thanks for listening...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

kentmitchell
04-10-04, 08:40 AM
d c ain't got it right yet.
Nobody "took us to war."
WE WERE ATTACKED!!!!! GET IT!!!!!!
Now, they're paying for it as long as some of us remember why we're there.
Obviously d c doesn't remember the WTC towers going down.
The things to remember:
--They hate us.
--They especially hate us if we're Christians or Jews.
--We didn't do anything to them. They hate us because we're the best of everything the world can offer.
--They want to do away with us.
--It's fueled by jealousy and religious fanaticism not be anything we've done.
--Don't quit. Don't ever quit. I wouldn't think I'd have to remind Marines about that one.

RONPRICE
04-10-04, 10:59 AM
Count me in kentmitchell. Well said Marine !!!!!

d c taveapont
04-10-04, 02:43 PM
K.M, I do remember the world trade centers coming down because i had just walked in the front door when the second plane hit. and I did not go any where else that day, later i found out that the terrorist were from different countries. you want to know something i keep hearing the there are 30 million iraqs free today because we disposed of saddam, well WHY aren't they turning on those terrorist. because once we leave the country it will go back as before. mark my words young man....the mouse

GunnyL
04-10-04, 05:47 PM
The Bottom line is, this country needs to have resolve to see this through to the end. We need to keep the fight on the terrorists ground and take them out there.
The American people seem to quickly forget 9/11 and the lives we lost that day in N.Y., D.C. and PA. They are loosing the stomach for losing Marines and Soldiers in Iraq.
We have an all volunteer force in this country! All of the Devil Dogs and Soldier fighting in Iraq knew what they were signing up for and volunteered to do what's right.
If the U.S. shows weakness and leaves Iraq and Afghanistan before the job is done, the terrorists are definintely going to bring the fight back to our backyards. You think the American people can't handle pictures of Marines dying, wait till a Muslim steps onto a school bus full of children on their way to school and sets off a bomb. And then it's too late! It won't stop!

GunnyL
Semper Fi and God Bless all of our Brothers and Sisters in the Fight!

kentmitchell
04-11-04, 09:27 AM
Young man?
Nice hearing those words, but kind of condescending from a fuzzy thinking boot like d.c.
Why aren't they turning on the terrorists? Well, there are hundreds signing up for the new police forces there, more hundreds signing up for the new army, and a lot of them are dying for something new. Or don't you count them?
As for "not going anywhere else the rest of the day," so what? Is that your contribution? Staying home?
The Sensei

d c taveapont
04-11-04, 11:05 AM
I read in a post that out of 200 IRAQI police only 20 showed up, i did contribute in S.VIET-NAM with LIMA CO. 3/1, 1st MARINE DIVISION 1970-1971, and Gunny L your right about the terrorist. just like a friend of mine said who works at a airport, the FBI knows who they are and where they are, but until they break the law they can't be touched. the same law that protects us also protects THEM...the mouse :(

FREEBIRD
04-11-04, 05:15 PM
Well for my 2 cents worth I think SparrowHawk hit the nail on the head!! Hindsight is a Beautiful thing, Nobody here seems to want to pass any of this blame on to the FBI, wonder why??
Also for my 2 cents worth TAVEAPONT, YOU AIN'T GOT A FRIGGING CLUE!!! If you were half as smart as you think you are we wouldn't be in none of this mess, you would be in Washington as our Leader!! ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!

d c taveapont
04-11-04, 06:54 PM
ah yes freebird. washington never been there and why should i. i never lost anything there. but the mrs had been there and left some notes that i had written at the viet-nam memorial. the blame is a mystery and to bad some one will take the fall for it. (the 9-11 attacks).....yes i have no clue because i lived through one escapade in s,east asia. do you remember that one!.....the mouse

d c taveapont
04-11-04, 06:56 PM
This is going no where....some one tell some jokes...the mouse

namgrunt
04-12-04, 06:56 PM
The only way to keep the bad guys under control is to bury them. Flatten Fallujah!

d c taveapont
04-12-04, 07:50 PM
yep. then we will hear baby killers again either way its tough....

Tom D
04-12-04, 08:55 PM
I bought and read a book called Derilection of Duty, and Bill Clinton had three opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden. Each time he passed on the chance to reel him in. If he would have been apprehended,9/11 might have never happened. I strongly feel that this commission is a BIG WASTE OF TIME AND TAXPAYER MONEY.

namgrunt
04-12-04, 10:13 PM
I agree with you Tom. The "fact finding commission" is an exercise in fingerpointing, designed to affect the election. If this wasn't an election year, there would be no commission. I read Deriliction of Duty also. It was not a flattering portrait of the last President.

It also highlighted Clinton's disregard for essential processes, such as intelligence briefings and support for the intell gathering agencies, especially abroad. The result was an undermanned, under-appreciated CIA.

The incoming President, GW Bush, in addition to having to replace all the "W" keys on White House computer keyboards, was given incomplete intell information to formulate his plans. It was the best available, under the last administration.