PDA

View Full Version : United in Prayer

ldylvsroses
04-08-04, 08:39 AM
This is from the MMO sight and I thought I would pass it on!
Semper Fi
MaryEllen-Proud Mom of a Marine

For anyone who wishes according to your own faith or belief let's lift up our voices as one each day at 8pmEST for the safety of our US Marines and soldiers whether it be in prayer or meditation. You do not have to belong to any faith to do this. I am a nurse and I have read studies that show that people who are being prayed for, who don't know they are being prayed for, heal faster than those who are not. This type of praying has been done before for other causes. I believe in my heart that this will help our military to stay safe. We need to spread this around the country and around the world so that we have thousands of voices praying together.
Cindy L
Proud Marine Mom
LCpl Mike

namgrunt
04-08-04, 01:08 PM
Well Said, Cindy L, and thanks MaryEllen for posting this.

I've become a real praying fool lately. I can walk down the street and be mumbling to the Almighty at the same time.

I've heard what my own mother went through when I was over in Vietnam. She was glued to the TV, hoping for some flash of news, or a possible glimpse of me in a group of Americans on the nightly news reports. I gave her most of the gray hair she has now.

According to her, the day she was informed I was hit was one of the longest, hardest she has ever undergone. She heard a noise of our front gate closing, and looked outside. All she saw was a tall black Marine, Sgt McNeal, in an immaculate uniform, approaching up our walkway. She rushed out to meet him with all her nerves on fire. Sgt. McNeal saw her face and held up both his hands to stop her from running down the stairs. "He's Alive!", he said, knowing she needed to hear that. The rest is old history now. I have wondered, from time to time, how many folks' prayers were burned up to keep me alive and going.

2000 hrs EST, sounds like as good a time as any to ask for God's protection, guidance, and courage for our young men and women over there. Again, thanks MaryEllen.

Semper Fi!