PDA

View Full Version : Here's a freebie for Republicans

yellowwing
04-07-04, 09:12 AM
Fire and No Buyer for Two Former Clinton Homes
Tue Apr 6, 7:51 AM ET Rueters News (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=9&u=/nm/20040406/od_nm/odd_clinton_dc)

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Reuters) - It was a bad weekend for two Arkansas families in homes once occupied by former U.S. President Bill Clinton -- one house failed to sell and another caught fire.

A small, frame structure in Hope, Arkansas, where Clinton spent part of his childhood, failed to sell during the 10 days it was offered to on-line bidders on eBay.com. The owner, Gary Johnson, a Hope tourism official, isn't sure why.

"We had set a $45,000 minimum bid, but eBay kicked it up to $200,000," Johnson said. "How eBay came up with $200,000, we don't understand."

Johnson said the house is still for sale, although not on-line.

The 950-square-foot (88-square-meter) house was the second Clinton and his mother occupied in Hope following his birth in 1946. Clinton has said he can trace many happy childhood memories to that house. The first home is now a museum.

A home in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where Clinton and his family lived after they moved from Hope, was heavily damaged in a fire on Sunday night.

The current owner was working on an automobile that caught fire. The flames entered the attic from the garage and then spread through the structure, said Hot Springs fire chief Opal Sanders.

"The damage was pretty extensive. It was burning pretty good by the time we arrived," Sanders said.

The Hot Springs home was a modest, brick veneer residence.

usmc4669
04-07-04, 09:42 AM
yellowwing
Here's a freebie for Republicans
$45,000 for a 950-square-foot (88-square-meter) house about right, them EBay will always try to screw you with their prices. Guess because Bill Clinton spent part of his childhood there they expected some sucker to pay $200,000 for it. I don't care much for EBay and the way that they sell, I wouldn't pay that price even if George W. Bush spent part on his childhood in that house. LOL

Bill Clinton's Childhood House For Sale On eBay
The house where former US President spent three of his childhood years is being put up for sale on internet auction service eBay. The current owner, Gary Johnson said "... I just don't see anybody local being interested in it."
Johnson has lived in the small home in Arkansas with his mother for ten years, however he is now married and looking for a larger home. Johnson says the home was for sale for a long time, and he eventually bought it so it didn't go to a Canadian.
He said: "As I recall, there was a man from Canada who was finally interested. And my mother and I just thought that was terrible if someone from another country took the little house." Johnson refused to say how many bids have been placed.

Jay Leno: "Hey, did you see this? Former President Bill Clinton's boyhood home, childhood home, up for sale on eBay. You can buy it. It's pretty nice. Three bedrooms, two baths and four brand-new tires on it. It is a beautiful, beautiful home."

Clinton said, I cannot understand why no one would pay only $200,000 for a nice little house that I spend part of my childhood in, I know that it is worth more than what EBay wanted for it, hell I may buy it myself for that price, I would hate for some conservative to buy it.