<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Patrick Baz / AFP-Getty Images <br />
A U.S. missile hit a...

lippoldmj
04-06-04, 05:59 PM
this is insane. we need to bomb the whole sunni triangle! screw Iraq!

d c taveapont
04-06-04, 06:03 PM
I was out posting delinquent notices for water bills, and i heard on the radio s,hannity telling some one the iraqis are happy that they are free from saddam, will they sure don't seem like it now do they?, as far as the weapons of mass destruction, who supplied them with it, we did, who helped put him in power we did, geez, we keep stepping in our own crap, what i don't get is why? are we losing good men and women fighting a war about weapons that we supplied to him, we won now let them rebuild on their own, as far as the terrorist, they are all over the country, and our own laws protect them because until they break the law they can't be touched, as far as them being in cells they don't know each other, in case they get caught,,,,

SheWolf
04-06-04, 09:23 PM
well,, all I know is I am worried about my son,, cuz I think that's where he's at,,,,:no: :cry:

sgt.lane
04-06-04, 10:11 PM
Hang in there sheWolf.....

d c taveapont
04-06-04, 10:40 PM
SheWolf: think positive thoughts and every thing well be fine, he has good men around him,

namgrunt
04-07-04, 02:23 AM
SheWolf:

I've got your son's six covered by prayers, to the best of my capability to pray. He and all my younger brothers are in my thought and prayers these days. In the midst of the danger, remember he is surrounded by brothers who look after him. Hang tough, Sarge.

If I wasn't an old crippled knucklehead, I'd be trying to get back in to go and help out. Even standing guard with a Ma Duece on a wall would be a help to our men. We Michiganians have to stand together, don'cha know.

Semper Fi!

P.S.: I haven't gotten to try Kimchee yet.

USMC-FO
04-07-04, 07:19 AM
Hang tough "She Wolf" we know this is a difficult time for every parent who has a son or daughter in Iraq. You and the Marines in the sand at this moment have all our support and are in our thoughts every day !

Semper Fi is forever....

thedrifter
04-07-04, 09:22 AM
U.S. Hits Fallujah Mosque; 40 Said Killed
12 minutes ago

By BASSEM MROUE, Associated Press Writer

FALLUJAH, Iraq - U.S. Marines in a fierce battle for this Sunni Muslim stronghold fired rockets that hit a mosque filled with people Wednesday, and witnesses said as many as 40 people were killed.

The fighting in Fallujah and neighboring Ramadi, where commanders confirmed 12 Marines were killed late Tuesday, was part of an intensified and spreading uprising involving both Sunni and Shiites stretching from Kirkuk in the north to near Basra in the south.

An Associated Press reporter in Fallujah saw cars ferrying the bodies from the mosque, which witnesses said had been hit by three missiles. There was no immediate confirmation of casualties.

Until the mosque attack, reports had at least 30 Americans and more than 150 Iraqis dead in fighting for the two cities.

Anti-American violence intensified and spread to cities in northern Iraq (news - web sites) on Wednesday as a U.S. helicopter went down and a Marine commander confirmed 12 of his men had been killed in fighting west of Baghdad.

Scores of Iraqis also have been wounded, as mosques called for a holy war against Americans and women carried guns in the streets.

American and allied forces fought both Sunni and Shiite Muslim militants nationwide in a continuation of the heaviest fighting since Baghdad fell to U.S. troops a year ago this week.

Marines fought for control in the Sunni Triangle cities of Ramadi and Fallujah, and soldiers battled Shiite militiamen in cities stretching from near Kirkuk in the largely Kurdish north to holy cities in the Shiite heartland to the south of Baghdad.

U.S. Marines have vowed to pacify the violent towns of Ramadi and Fallujah that had been a center of the guerrilla insurgency seeking to oust the U.S.-led occupation force. The 12 dead Marines were killed Tuesday in Ramadi, where Maj. Gen. James Mattis, 1st Marine Division commander, said his forces still were fighting insurgents that included Syrian mercenaries along a one-mile front.

Sixteen children and eight women were reported killed when warplanes struck four houses late Tuesday, said Hatem Samir, a Fallujah Hospital official.

A U.S. helicopter crashed in Baqouba, 30 miles north of Baghdad, as American soldiers fought militiamen of fiery anti-U.S. Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, whose forces have been responsible for much of the violence outside of Ramadi and Fallujah. There was no word on casualties in the crash in a residential neighborhood, which was witnessed by Associated Press photographer Mohammed Adnan.

Ukrainian-led forces and al-Sadr's al-Mahdi Army clashed in the city of Kut, southeast of Baghdad, overnight, and at least 12 Iraqis were reported killed and 20 wounded, hospital officials said. Witnesses reported the gunmen killed a British civilian working for a foreign security company in the city.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said its troops were forced to evacuate Kut early Wednesday after al-Sadr forces hit the position with mortar fire throughout the night.

"There were no Ukrainian casualties, but several dozen militants were killed," said Defense Ministry spokesman Lt. Col. Andriy Lysenko.

In a significant expansion of the fighting, Iraqis protesting in solidarity with Fallujah residents clashed with U.S. troops in the northern town of Hawijah, near Kirkuk. Eight Iraqis were killed, and 10 Iraqis and four Americans were wounded, police said.

In Baghdad, a top American general said the United States would press the offensive.

"The coalition and Iraqi security forces will continue deliberate, precise and powerful offensive operations to destroy the al-Mahdi Army throughout Iraq," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, the U.S. military's deputy head of operations, told reporters in Baghdad.

He called for the surrender of al-Sadr, who is named in an arrest warrant for involvement in the murder of a rival Shiite cleric almost a year ago. "If he wants to calm the situation ... he can turn himself in to a local Iraqi police station and he can face justice," Kimmitt said.

Despite the call, there was no sign al-Sadr's forces had eased their attacks:

_ Shooting was heard as his militiamen took the streets of Baqouba and blasted the governor's office with rocket-propelled grenades.

_ Militiamen battled Spanish soldiers in Najaf, south of Baghdad. An Iraqi taxi driver was killed in the crossfire, a hospital official said.

_ Clashes erupted overnight in Baghdad's Sadr City, killing four Iraqis and wounding seven others, doctors said.

_ Militiamen traded fire with Polish troops in Karbala overnight, killing two Iranian tourists, witnesses said.

_ Gunmen attacked a police car Tuesday night in Youssifiya, south of Baghdad, killing two policemen.

Al-Sadr had urged Iraqis to rise up against the U.S. occupation and vowed to die rather than be captured by U.S. forces. "America has shown its evil intentions, and the proud Iraqi people cannot accept it," he said in a statement. "They must defend their rights by any means they see fit."

The fighting that has killed 12 Marines began at the start of the week when they surrounded Fallujah, promising to capture or kill those responsible for the brutal slayings and mutilations of four American civilian whose bodies were hung from a Euphrates River bridge last week.

On Tuesday, however, insurgents opened a new front with a bloody attack on Marines in the nearby town of Ramadi.

Gunmen hiding in Ramadi's main cemetery opened fire on U.S. patrols, sparking a gunbattle in alleys and near the governor's palace, witnesses said, adding that at least two Iraqis were killed.

Signs were emerging of growing sympathy between Sunni Muslim insurgents and al-Sadr's Shiite movement. In mainly Sunni Ramadi, portraits of al-Sadr were posted on government buildings, schools and mosques, along with graffiti praising him for his "heroic deeds" and "valiant uprising against the occupier."

Iraq's Shiite majority has largely avoided anti-U.S. violence, shunning al-Sadr's virulent anti-U.S. rhetoric as well as the insurgency led by Sunnis in central Iraq. U.S. officials have expressed concern that al-Sadr could start cooperating with the Sunni guerrillas.

With fighting intensifying ahead of the June 30 handover of power to an Iraqi government, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld said American commanders in Iraq would get additional troops if needed. None has asked so far, he said.

"They will decide what they need, and they will get what they need," Rumsfeld said.

U.S. authorities launched their offensive against al-Sadr and his militia after a series of weekend uprisings in Baghdad and cities and towns to the south that took a heavy toll in both American and Iraqi lives.

The fight against al-Sadr, who has drawn backing from young and impoverished Shiites with rousing sermons demanding a U.S. withdrawal, sent his black-garbed militiamen against coalition troops Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

With confirmation of the 12 dead Marines, the American death toll since the war was at least 626.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=540&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20040407/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Ellie

usmcsupermom
04-07-04, 09:25 AM
She Wolf
You and your son are in my prayers. Althought my son is no longer over there, I feel like all Marines
are my sons. Hang in there and if you need another Mom's support I'm always here

Brenda

Sparrowhawk
04-07-04, 10:21 AM
is that the news we are getting is being glorified by a liberal press.

My daughter just returned from London and she said the news there is much more supportive of the US then what is being reported here.

They look on us and often print it in the news that they enjoy a strong friendship with America.

What we see in the news that seems to make it look like the whole country side is against us is but small units and groups of gangsters and criminals trying to become war lords over certain sections of Iraq.

The majority of the Iraqi population are glad to be free of Saddam and others that restrict and are now trying to control their freedom.

What makes it worst is that passive wannabe John Kerry trying to act presidential tells the press that we shouldn't go after al-Sadr, but try to work with him.

The liberial press loves that, and so it fuels the need to show selective shots of uprising in the streets.

This week over 40,000 business people from around the world gathered in Bagdad for a conference to spearhead the reconstruction and building up of Iraq. Where was that reported? Only as a single sentence in the Wall Street Journal.

yellowwing
04-07-04, 11:13 AM
Oh come on! We have a republican Administration and Congress. Does the press run the country?

ivalis
04-07-04, 12:00 PM
there's a warrant out on Al Sadr for a year, some dipstick decides to enforce it a week after they close his newspaper. <br />
<br />
now the Suni's are wearing shirts w/ Al Sadr's (a shia) picture on it. <br />

stalkmaster
04-07-04, 01:25 PM
I know I can only speak from own experiences but we all should
know that we have a liberal press in our country, I for one can
remember all the BS I read upon returning from overseas back
in the fall of 83 that was as far from the real reality at least from
what I remember, But that is what we are all about in this Country isn't it? Iam as hardcore Jarhead as the next guy but even the liberal press is better than state run press....... As for Al-Sadr he is nothing but a punk common criminal hiding behind religion and I have a 7.62 LC Match round with his initials on it..

Semper Fi

Sparrowhawk
04-07-04, 02:02 PM
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
April 7, 2004 1:14 p.m.

NEW YORK -- Two U.S. journalists were kidnapped south of Baghdad by a mob believed to be connected to radical Shiite cleric Muqtada Al-Sadr , MSNBC reported Wednesday, citing unidentified Pentagon sources.

The journalists - a newspaper reporter and a photographer - were weeded out from a larger group of eight to 10 people who were traveling in two separate vehicles, the report said.

The remaining people in the group were told by the kidnappers that the two journalists were taken specifically because they were Americans, MSNBC reported.

The photojournalist that had been detained later was identified as Lynsey Addario, on free-lance assignment for the Times, according to a spokesman for Corbis, a Seattle, Wash.-based agency representing her.

yellowwing
04-07-04, 02:22 PM
7.62 LC Match round, I can dig it! :)

SheWolf
04-07-04, 03:55 PM
thanks to all who responded,, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude,, I don't even (usually) watch the news but I am a nurse and was in a patient's room when the report came on,, I was not able to leave the room so........ and then the patient wanted to talk about it,,, it was tough...

SheWolf
04-07-04, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by namgrunt
SheWolf:

I've got your son's six covered by prayers, to the best of my capability to pray. He and all my younger brothers are in my thought and prayers these days. In the midst of the danger, remember he is surrounded by brothers who look after him. Hang tough, Sarge.

If I wasn't an old crippled knucklehead, I'd be trying to get back in to go and help out. Even standing guard with a Ma Duece on a wall would be a help to our men. We Michiganians have to stand together, don'cha know.

Semper Fi!

P.S.: I haven't gotten to try Kimchee yet.

I just got a post card from the Army Nurse Corps,, they want me to join!!! hmmmm ,, naw,,, think I'm too old and decrepit to run two miles these days..........

Fox 2/23
04-07-04, 05:06 PM
fighting mercs on a one-mile front? lets get those 155's from the 11th Marines smokin!

thedrifter
04-07-04, 05:40 PM
http://images.latimes.com/media/photo/2004-04/12129268.jpg

No Marine left behind!
No Marine abandoned on the field of battle!
No Marine! Ever!
Semper Fidelis!

RIP, Marine.