PDA

View Full Version : First letter from Boot Camp

sgt.lane
04-05-04, 09:25 PM
crimson I received his first letter today. I was pretty excited to say the least. I think back as I read his thoughts and feelings of what in the s**t did I get myself into. I was advised that at this point in time it "sucks", but I would expect no less as he is only a week and a half in to actually having his drill instructors. He is homesick and misses his girlfriend. He also misses my german shepard "Bear" who is a very large shepard who used to stay in his room before he left for boot. He also says in the same breath that it is not to bad and he has met some really cool people. HE says his Senior Drill Instructor is cool until they **** him off. (I love that part) All in all he seems to be doing well. I e-mailed his Senior today and actually got a response. I thought that was pretty cool. There was nothing exciting in the e-mail I sent just that if he needed anything such as information he could e-mail me anytime.

I am saving this letter so he can read it after graduation to see what he thinks then. Anyway, so far so good..........................:marine:

tophor
04-05-04, 09:32 PM
Sounds like he will do just fine, I'm sure you gave him some solid advice before he left for bootcamp. SEMPER FI!!!!

sgt.lane
04-05-04, 09:34 PM
oh, yea but it is kind of funny to "hear" reality hit home. He was told to RUN,RUn,ruN but I had no idea what I was talking about!!!! I was just Dad.......hahahahaha

tophor
04-05-04, 09:41 PM
I know the feeling Sgt. Lane, I have 3 sons, 24,22 and 15( 16 in May) and I don't know squat, according to them. But they seem to ask for ALOT of advice from me though. HA HA HA!!

sgt.lane
04-05-04, 09:41 PM
amen, I think he might listen more often and more closely now. hahahaha

tophor
04-05-04, 09:43 PM
Yea, he will, just give him time to realize that you once his age. Most younger keeping that mom and dad were their age at one time. HA HA!!

sgt.lane
04-05-04, 09:52 PM
I sometimes wish I was his age again so I could do it all over again. OOHRAH!!!

tophor
04-05-04, 09:58 PM
AMEN Sgt Lane!!!!!!OOORAH!!!!!

tophor
04-05-04, 10:00 PM
Have to sign of I am at work, have a good one Sgt Lane, it was nice talking to you. SEMPER FI DEVIL DOG!!!!

sgt.lane
04-05-04, 10:00 PM
you too take care and be careful out there,,,