PDA

View Full Version : Fallujah ~ If Americans were as Atrocious

Sparrowhawk
04-04-04, 11:34 PM

Laamie
04-05-04, 01:24 AM
Hey bro, search coming to an end. Witness statements are now sitting on the review boards desk.
Two are required, they got three that should be "accepted" & two others that won't (those "two" saw the bandage, one remembers me leaving the corpsman tent, but were not in the bunker with me). Hey, at least I now know what unit bandaged me up-- it was LAAM Bn., not Transiet Barracks. I still don't remember it tho. Likewise for the retired MSgt. I located last year. I don't remember/knew him but he sure remembered me.

Sorry for putting this under this thread, I just wanted you to know the up-date.
Semper Fi bro,
Dick
Damn near 37 years, been an intresting search since 1983.

snipowsky
04-05-04, 05:47 AM
Nice Sparrow Hawk. I only wish! Them bastards deserve it!

usmc4669
04-05-04, 09:44 AM
Apr 5, 9:42 AM (ET)

By BASSEM MROUE[b]

[b]FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - Hundreds of U.S. and Iraqi troops in tanks, trucks and other vehicles surrounded the turbulent city of Fallujah on Monday ahead of a major operation against insurgents following the grisly slayings of four American security contractors last week.
Explosions and gunfire could be heard coming from the center of the city. Streets on the outskirts were largely deserted.
One U.S. Marine was killed in fighting in the area Monday, said Lt. Col. Gregg Olson, commander of the 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment.
U.S. commanders have been vowing a massive response to pacify Fallujah, one of the most violent cities in the Sunni Triangle, the heartland of the anti-U.S. insurgency north and west of Baghdad. U.S. troops closed off entrances to Fallujah with earth barricades ahead of the planned operation, code named "Vigilant Resolve." Military patrols entered the outer suburbs on reconnaissance missions and to broadcast warnings on loud speakers to residents to stay indoors until Tuesday.
Iraqi police in the city visited mosques, dropping off Arabic leaflets from the U.S. military, telling residents that there was a daily 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew. It ordered them not to congregate in groups or carry weapons, even if licensed. It instructed people that if U.S. forces enter their homes, they should gather in one room and if they want to talk to the troops to have their hands up.
Some 1,200 U.S. Marines and two battalions of Iraqi security forces were poised to enter the city to arrest suspected insurgents, said Lt. James Vanzant, 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. He would not say when the troops would enter the city.
"The city is surrounded," Vanzant said. "It's an extended operation. We want to make a very precise approach to this. ... We are looking for the bad guys in town."
Marine 1st Lt. Eric Knapp said the troops will target the killers of the four Americans as well as rebels who have attacked U.S. forces and Iraqi police in the past month. "Those people are specially targeted to be captured or killed," he said.
A Marine officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said U.S. forces had a list of targets for raids. He would not give details.
A witness reported that a U.S. helicopter struck a residential area in the city early Monday, killing five people. The bombing damaged five houses, said the witness, Mohammed Shawkat. There was no immediate U.S. comment on the report.
Another witness, resident Ali Jasim, said there was shooting near one of the U.S. barricades on a road out of Fallujah and some Iraqis who were trying to leave the city were hit. It was unclear whether they were killed or wounded. Roads to a hospital in Fallujah were blocked to all traffic except ambulances.
The California-based 1st Marine Expeditionary Force assumed responsibility for Fallujah, 30 miles west of Baghdad, from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division on March 24. The Marines said they intended to take a softer approach with Fallujah residents, hoping to win popular support.
But the Marines have quickly found themselves mired in violence. On March 26, Marines and insurgents fought a lengthy street battle in the city that killed one Marine and five Iraqis.
The same day as the killing of the four U.S. civilians, five Marines were killed when a bomb exploded under their vehicle in a village near Fallujah.

I think that the Marines has the right idea, don't let the Sh*t's ( short for Shiite's}know when we plan to attack them, to hell with their mosques, if they think that by hiding in them we won't go in a get them send them a message we are comming after your a**, so make it easy for us, hide in your mosques.

snipowsky
04-05-04, 09:52 AM
Ha ha! There is justice in this world after all! I figured the Marines would handle this. AMEN! Get some pay back for all the Marines, Soldiers and the Navy Seal that have been killed recently in and around the Fallujah area! I wish I could join them.

Don't these people understand we are only there to help them?

We are nothing like the Army, WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN and KILL YOU. They are totally surrounded. lol I know the Marines will win this battle that is about to occur, but will we win the war?

Personally I think we should pull out and let them have civil war. I think a civil war is on it's way anyways.

God bless our troops!

Semper Fi Marines! My prayers are with you!

snipowsky
04-05-04, 10:05 AM
That story above about the 5 Marines dying by a roadside bomb March 31 isn't true. That was US Army personnel. It was confirmed they were with an Army unit, not a Marine Corps unit.

Some of these people shouldn't be called reporters considering they don't report the facts. Or they are confused by Marine Corps Vs. Army personnel.

The rest of the story is correct though.

This is a link to Army Times concerning these 5 US Soldiers:

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2786670.php

usmc4669
04-05-04, 10:22 AM
snipowsky

That story above about the 5 Marines dying by a roadside bomb March 31 isn't true. That was US Army personnel. It was confirmed they were with an Army unit, not a Marine Corps unit.

Agree, most reporters don't know their A**es from a hole in the ground. That is why the information coming back from Iraq is so screwed up. Just think that 1200 Marines against thousands of Sh*ts [short for Shiites) the Sh*ts are out numbered.

snipowsky
04-05-04, 10:32 AM
Yeah Gunny them ****s best call in reinforcements! I know that 1200 Marines can cause a lot of death and destruction. I guess them ****s are about to find that out the hard way! Personally I'm not a fan of anyone Arab, let alone a ****e. When I think of radical ****es I think of Hezbollah. Then I think about the barracks bombing in 1983. Well you as a Marine know what I'm thinking next...so I won't even go there.

But I am so so happy we have them surrounded and they will get what's coming to them.

Semper Fi Gunny!

BC22
04-05-04, 10:32 PM
Sunni Muslims are the majority population of Fallujah, not the Shi'ites who are more centered in southern Iraq.

Sgt Sostand
04-06-04, 09:04 AM
Fallujah i wonder why the Marines want just go threw their and kick their a**. Those Muslims are just playing around with America we should just go and kill them all this cat and mouse games is geting Old.

namgrunt
04-06-04, 12:32 PM
Give Fallujah one chance to surrender and send out the women and little children. If they don't take it, level the place with those non-nuke fuel bombs. They can almost equal a small yield battlefield nuke. Three of those babies, dropped on the town, should suck up all the oxygen in a half mile area, killing all life within the blast zone.

If three of those bombs aren't enough, we can load 15 to twenty of them aboard B-52 at Diego Garcia, and create a permanent giant smudge on the ground where the town used to be. It would be whispered about, but not need to be repeated. Fallujah would join Dresden, and Tokyo, and other cities whose populations were reduced to dust by the Firestorm created.

Super Dave
04-06-04, 12:51 PM
Nuke 'em till they glow..then shoot 'em in the dark...

snipowsky
04-06-04, 02:12 PM
Sunni or ****e...Don't matter to me. They are killing Marines, Soldiers and Sailors. They are my enemy so I could care less who they are or who they are with. The Marines are slowly seizing Fallujah and Sadr City.

WE WILL GET PAYBACKS!

I hope these young Devildogs get some high body counts! I sure do have a lot of faith in them. I only wish I could join them!

Semper Fi, and my prayers are with them all!

Sparrowhawk
04-06-04, 03:36 PM
You deserve it, keep me informed.

Its good news to hear.

I have two secretaries working on proof reading my book this week.

I plan on taking what we finish to a 1st platoon reunion in Denver where some of the Marines I mentioned in the book will be.

Then a couple more edits through the book and off to the publisher.

That also has been a long journey.

Semper Fi

Cook