PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Plan Targets 'Benedict Arnolds'

usmc4669
03-27-04, 11:10 AM
By MARTIN CRUTSINGER

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Friday unveiled his plan to deal with "Benedict Arnold" companies that he has repeatedly criticized during the campaign for reaping tax benefits while shipping U.S. jobs overseas.

But his proposal to end an estimated $12 billion annually in corporate tax relief is certain to stir stiff opposition from some of America's largest multinational companies who are currently enjoying those breaks.Including the Heinz Company???? And private economists questioned whether it would do much to halt the hemorrhaging of manufacturing jobs to foreign countries.

Speaking at Wayne State University in Detroit, Kerry said his corporate tax proposal was part of a comprehensive economic plan he will put forward in coming weeks to create 10 million jobs during the first four years of a Kerry administration. That's 2.5 million a year, now how does he plan to do this, pull a Clinton and let the Tax payers pay for them?

The jobs pledge - and the corporate tax changes - were designed to highlight economic issues where polls consistently have shown President Bush is vulnerable: an economic recovery where job growth has lagged badly, the loss of more than 3 million manufacturing jobs - one in six - since mid-2000 and rising anxiety among white-collar workers about the increased "outsourcing" of service jobs to foreign countries.

I wonder what's Kerry is trying to pull this time, first he wanted to repel Bush's Tax Cuts, now he want to give out Tax Cuts, he doesn't seem to be able to make up his mind on anything, he flip Flops on every issue.

"I won't tell you that we can bring back every lost industry or protect every current job," Kerry said. "But my plan will enable our economy to create jobs and keep more good jobs here in America."What kind of jobs are you talking about Senator Kerry??? Bring more foreign investments into this country to produce more jobs and then let American dollars go back to them to help prop up their economy???

My remarks are in blue

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., gestures as he delivers a speech on jobs and the economy at Wayne State University in Detroit Friday, March 26, 2004. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)