PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a true Marine friend?

Sparrowhawk
03-26-04, 12:13 PM
A true Marine friend

will bail you out of jail.

A Great Marine friend was there when you did what you did and said;

"Man, that was awesome!"

thedrifter
03-26-04, 04:23 PM
Cook are you in trouble again........LOL

True Friends are few and far in between......

Ellie

usmc4669
03-26-04, 04:54 PM
thedrifter: True Friends are few and far in between.....

That depends on you. In order to have true friends you first have to be a true friend. I have many true friends.

I don't depend on Marines now, been retired for over 35 years, have very few Marines friends still alive.

Osotogary
03-26-04, 06:11 PM
I have a couple Marine friends, at least I consider them my friends. What I like about them both is that they are blatantly honest with me. That means anything from "How are you doing?" to "*%$!** off." To me that is refreshing as all get out. I have never asked them for anything nor have they asked anything from me...we just help out one another, in our own capacity, and that is it.
Gary(osotogary)

femalewolf2
03-26-04, 07:06 PM
I have found there are many people out there who claim to be your friends in the corp. only to find out that they really are not. Its very hard to find a TRUE friend. I thought that I had found one..but when she moved away..she never returned any of my calls or letters and when she finally came back out to visit and i found out she was here...she didn't want to visit...even though we had been the best of friends for 3 years. I hope one day I will find a friend like that. When you move around as much as we do or when your spouse gets deployed, its nice to have someone to lean on even if its to have adult time. I'm glad you have friends that are true to you.

CAS3
03-26-04, 10:06 PM
I have a select few of those Marine friends...The ones I would jump off a cliff with just for the heck of it...with a chute of course.

One Marine friend calls and I drive 8 hours to get to him! No matter what the circumstances are.
Sometimes, with a Marine friend, miles don't make a difference. Neiter does time.
I truly believe that being a Marine has a lot to do with it.

MillRatUSMC
03-26-04, 10:29 PM
Isn't it all like life?
During Vietnam, for self-preservation of mind, you couldn't get too tight with anyone person.
Because at any moment he or you might be gone.
So after a while, you got into that state of mind.
Many will claim to be your friend, but when an occasion or misunderstanding happens, they will turn on you.
A true friend will stick by you through thick or thin.
That life for you.
I would trust my life with any Marine before anyone else.
Because I was in hades with them and we took care of each other.
Humping those hills in heat that was unmerciful took special people and they took care of each other.
Because that all we had...

I count many among my friends, some are now departed MGunz, Nomad. MSgt Budd with two "d's"...I'll never forget you till the day the flame goes out...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

greybeard
03-26-04, 10:37 PM
"A friend will help you move.
A real friend will help you move a body."

Yes, I have some true Marine friends-some old-some new. Keep me in line, and in touch.