PDA

View Full Version : Two Okinawa Marines arrested for allegedly taking money from lost wallet

thedrifter
03-24-04, 06:15 AM
Two Okinawa Marines arrested for allegedly taking money from lost wallet <br />
<br />
<br />
By David Allen and Chiyomi Sumida, Stars and Stripes <br />
Pacific edition, Wednesday, March 24, 2004 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
OKINAWA CITY —...

DSchmitke
03-24-04, 07:43 AM
What is wrong with these Marines ? They act like kids without a brain in there head.

namgrunt
03-24-04, 09:17 AM
Lock 'em up.
Brig time is the best remedy.

We no longer run Okinawa, like we did last century. We are in a foreign country, Japan, for all intents and purposes. It makes all Marines look like thieves when this happens. Garbage on one is garbage on all of us.

Lock 'em up!

yellowwing
03-24-04, 10:09 AM
What struck me is the sense of community responsibility of the cab drivers.

When I was on the road as a roofing foreman, I was mightily tempted once. We had just cashed our checks, plenty of overtime, when we walked into a burger joint for lunch. I was trailing when the man ahead of me dropped his payroll.

For one fleeting second all I saw was $700 just laying there on the pavement! Then I thought, "NO!" I was there for every drop of sweat, every cut and scrape he went through to earn that wad of cash. "Hey man, you dropped your money."

He was so surprised and shocked that it wasn't until that evening he poured out his thanks! I attribute the Marine Corps Leadership Principals of Integrity and Loyalty.

TOP_CARLOS
03-24-04, 10:39 AM
The problem with the younger Marines today, is that they are a direct reflection of our society. Marines are not taught the discipline, sense of responsibility, and doing what is right any longer. They are mearely pushed through recruit training with the crucible being their only true test.

Once through recruit training, they are not nearly as confined in their MOS schooling as Marines before. They have more free time than I ever had at that point of my career.