PDA

View Full Version : My son shipped today for MCRD San Diego

sgt.lane
03-23-04, 05:46 PM
Just wanted everyone to know. He will be a third generation Marine when he graduates. Not much of a post but I am very proud of him. He will be in Motor "T"....................................:marine:

thedrifter
03-23-04, 05:49 PM
Congratulations Sgt.Lane....

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Sixguns
03-23-04, 05:59 PM
Be sure to send plenty of motivating letters to him. We all know how tough training is and how valued a letter from home can be. I know you will be beaming on graduation day and I hope you have made plans to see it all!

SF,

Sixguns

namgrunt
03-23-04, 06:07 PM
Sounds great! Congratulations!
We'll all have to chip in and send him BIG boxes of pogeybait. :D

Semper Fi!

thedrifter
03-23-04, 06:13 PM
LMAO@namgrunt

Now that is what my hubby would have said...;)

Ellie

HardJedi
03-23-04, 06:24 PM
Congrats Sgt.Lane

sgt.lane
03-23-04, 07:07 PM
thanks to all, the yellow footprints are about to be imprinted forever..........................

Osotogary
03-23-04, 07:28 PM
sgt.lane,
When and if you receive your son's mailing address and you feel disposed to sharing it; I'd like to write him. When is the last time your son received a letter from Florida? Let me know, one way or the other.
Gary(osotogary)

GySgtRet
03-23-04, 07:31 PM
Sgt Lane,

Congratulations to you and your almost new Marine. We can use a nother good Marine in the ranks.

Semper Fidelis

sgt.lane
03-23-04, 08:49 PM
I should find out what is address is going to be on Thursday. I just talked to him and he was at Dallas/Fort Worth. He is more nervous the closer he gets.LOL He said he just wants to get this over with...I can not imagine...............Thanks again to all. Even though he is my son I still feel alittle bit for him knowing what he is freely walking into..........................................haha ha

namgrunt
03-23-04, 10:05 PM
Those are the operating words, "freely walking into...". Must have nails in his gut like his old man. ;)

Is his grandfather still amongst our ranks, or has he shipped to Heaven's Gate? I ask because it seems to me that would be a marvelous picture to have all three generations with the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. Hope he makes Honor Man on graduation day.

Semper Fi!

sgt.lane
03-23-04, 10:10 PM
My father is a Nam vet X2 tours spent nine years in the Corps and is still kickin like a mule. He was an AAU powerlifter in the Corps as well. He is a retired Highway Patrolman now and he is just as proud as I am. He already has a picture place in a frame on the wall with his boot picture and mine, just waiting for number three.................We are all going to be out there for the graduation as well. Thanks I told him about this website and hopefully he will hit it in the morning.

mrbsox
03-23-04, 10:17 PM
Add one more congradulations to the list. I can only imagine the pride you, and grandpa, must be feeling.

And it sounds like he already knows it'll take more than just feet, to feel those footprints.

Semper Fidelis

sgt.lane
03-23-04, 10:21 PM
oh ya, he will do fine. I will try and keep everyone updated. It might help some of the poolees as well. Thanks

Sender
03-24-04, 12:11 AM
Sgt. Lane,

I, being one of the few in here that was able to see recruit training from both sides, as a Drill Instructor and a recruit, am interested to hear it from your perspective, as a parent. Keep us informed on his weekly progress. One on my buddies is a Drill Instructor with Echo company in MCRD San Diego and is close to picking up so your son might be in his company. What are the odds?

Sender

mrbsox
03-24-04, 05:40 AM
Ohhhhhh.... that would be a boot camp story to top one day !!!

RECRUIT LANE..... FRONT AND CENTER

From the murky depths of the squad bay, a flash (wearing sunglasses) leaves a green streak across the memories of the other recruits

SIR, PRIVATE LANE REPORTING AS ORDERED, SIR

PRIVATE LANE, WAS YOUR FATHER A MARINE ??

SIR NO SIR.
SIR THE PRIVATES FATHER IS A MARINE, SIR[

And the infamous D.I. scowll appears to GLOW from the Drill Instructors brow at being corrected....

PRIVATE LANE, WAS YOUR GRANDFATHER A MARINE ??

SIR NO SIR.
SIR, THE PRIVATES GRANDFATHER IS A MARINE, SIR

The glowing ember of scowll no becomes an enraged forrest fire of fury as the D.I. is corrected again

WELL.... PRIVATE LANE, I HAVE A MESSAGE FROM YOUR FATHER...

JUST Fkn BEGIN

lol

Sender
03-24-04, 01:16 PM
Sgt Lane,

I did some research and this should help you out. Go to www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil or just go to this one http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/RTRmatrix2A_new.htm This last one will show you what he is doing daily.

Super Dave
03-24-04, 01:52 PM
Keep us updated..
You will NEVER have a prouder day in your life as you will when you stand in the bleachers at MCRD and watch him become a Marine. Marines don't cry..but you get a chit for that day. TRUST me I used it when my daughter became a Marine. The feeling will be something words can't describe.

BC22
03-24-04, 02:02 PM
http://www.mccsmcrd.com/defaultgrad.htm
MCRD San Diego's website says that India Co. picked up this week.

sgt.lane
03-24-04, 04:26 PM
that would be cool. As a parent it is somewhat hard but you have to let go. This is a "Marine Construction Zone" at MCRD. I have have taught him all I can, he knows right from wrong, he has the tools now he must go into the Corps and make his own way. I don't know if that sounds corny or not but it is hard to describe exactly how you feel. Many emotions, knowing what he is going into and having been there many moons ago. It really kind of draws me back closer to the Corps in a way I did not think possible. My son is going to be a Marine. It still makes me take a step back..............

HardJedi
03-24-04, 04:37 PM
Well, Again Sgt.Lane, Congrats. I only hope that someday, any sone or daughter that I have will also at LEAST serve in SOME branch of the military. I hope for the USMC, but if they choose to serve in ANY way I will be proud. I can't even begin to imagine how proud YOU must be.

OLE SARG
03-28-04, 01:48 PM
Just now got around to looking at this web site recommended by my son, SgtLane. We're both as proud as we can be with Brandon, my grandson, SgtLane's son, starting Boot Camp. Looking forward to a third generation Jarhead in the Lane family.

I see a lot of great comments by a lot of great and proud Marines - THANKS.

Son still has not gotten Brandon's address - as soon as we get it we will post it.

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG:D :D

mrbsox
03-28-04, 02:06 PM
Welcome aboard Staff Sergeant,

and Congradulations !!!

Seabags go in one corner, 'Stack Arms' in another, grab a foot locker and fill us in on some of your sea stories.

We especially want to hear the ones about SgtLane :banana:

thiad
03-28-04, 02:50 PM
Damn - that is motivating. I need to let you guys get ahold of my son. Dad, mom and stepdad - it would make us all proud.

FREEBIRD
03-28-04, 08:19 PM
Semper Fie Sgt Lane and OLE SARG, glad to hear the son's keeping the Marine Tradidtion going!!!
Hope he does well, sure that he will,

Keep us informed,
Thanks,
FREEBIRD

tophor
03-28-04, 09:35 PM
Congrats Sgt Lane!!! Tell your son SEMPER FI from all of us!!!! I am sure he will make a great Marine!!!

CAS3
03-28-04, 10:35 PM
OLE SARG and Sgt Lane,
Congratulations. What proud Dad's you must be.
Hope he is well. Would love to see a family album of Marines!

Sgt_Griz
03-28-04, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Marines! Best wishes to Recruit Lane. Semper Fi!

sgt.lane
03-29-04, 05:12 PM
Well a I have a small update I will have the new address on Wed. or Thur. Tthis week. I guess he picked up his D.I.'s today and will have the address shortly. Thanks to all

Tracker
06-18-04, 07:11 PM
Sarge:
I know you are busting with pride and rightfully so. My son was a Marine during the first Gulf War. I am glad to hear you will be able to make it out to MCRD for that special Friday. It will bring chills down your spine and maybe... just maybe... a little tear to your eyes.

snipowsky
06-18-04, 09:02 PM
Too awesome. My prayers are with him and your family! Coming from a Marine family he won't have any problems claiming the title Marine.

SEMPER FI