PDA

View Full Version : Millitary Quotes

usmc4669
03-23-04, 04:33 PM
Add to this list if you know any other Quotes. <br />
<br />
&quot;Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.&quot; (Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC, April 1965.) <br />
<br />
<br />

USMC-FO
03-23-04, 04:39 PM
"I'm gonna gouge out your eyes and skull F**K you.....

Gunnery Sgt Hartman .....

:-)

HardJedi
03-23-04, 05:24 PM
AHH these quotes just answered my question about what type of unit defines the Marine Corps. it's exactly as I thought. :)

kentmitchell
03-23-04, 05:39 PM
Well, eat my skivvies
Sgt. Melvin Bray, Parris Island

kentmitchell
03-23-04, 05:51 PM
Remember, God provides the best camouflage several hours out of every 24.
Gen David M. Shoup on Night Fighting

"The galleries are full of critics. They play no ball, they fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down in the arena are the doers. They make mistakes because they try many things.
The man who makes no mistakes lacks boldness and the spirit of adventure. He is the one who never tries anything. His is the brake on the wheel of progress.
And yet it cannot be truly said he makes no mistakes, because his biggest mistake is the very fact that he tries nothing, does nothing, except criticize those who do things." (Gen. David M. Shoup)

"We signed up knowing the risk. Those innocent people in New York didn't go to work thinking there was any kind of risk."
-- Pvt. Mike Armendariz-Clark, USMC; Afghanastan, 20 September 2001. As reported on page 1 of the New York Times

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
-- Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

"The United States Marine Corps, with its fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth."
-- Thomas E. Ricks; Making the Corps, 1997

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
-- Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
-- RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

"They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or 'we'll blow you away.' And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, 'Igaralli ahow,' which means 'Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake.'"
-- Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

"For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines, and we win battles."
-- Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC (CMC); 5 May 1997

Demonstrate to the world there is "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" than a U.S. Marine.
J. N. Mattis Major General, U.S. Marines Commanding

kentmitchell
03-23-04, 05:53 PM
Might be boondock myth but my personal favorite:
"When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester,
look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at
his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy." -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

MillRatUSMC
03-23-04, 06:11 PM
“Marines have always been physically and mentally tough.
We must keep squarely in our sights,
the fact that toughness can be decisive in combat.”
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

usmc4669
03-23-04, 08:09 PM
Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed. - Mao Zedong

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country. - George S. Patton

Hit the other fellow, as quick as you can, and as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, and when he ain't looking. - Unknown British Sergeant-Major defining strategy.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty. - John F. Kennedy

Wars may be fought by weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory. - George S. Patton