PDA

View Full Version : Desertion!

ridingcrops
03-19-04, 11:30 AM
Sadly I read the story of the reservist who turned himself in at San Jose.
He claims he objects to killing people and that's why he would not go to Iraq with the other fine Marines who proudly serve.
What does this guy use to think with?
Being a Marine is more than wearing a uniform and telling people you've made it thru the toughest training in the world.
Being a Marine is pride and the honor of wearing that uniform and doing you duty. And, to follow in the footsteps of other Marines who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedoms.
If this is the way he thinks maybe he should not have joined the military at all. The military in general and the Marines in peticular are there to defend this country with whatever it takes. Especially since today we have and all volunteer force. Not to volunteer when and if you feel like going.
I was not a drafty during Vietnam I joined knowing full well Iwould most likely be sent to the land of the ****ed off people. But I had no delusions that I would not have to take a life.
Someone like this brings nothing but dishonor on the Corps and to the memoir of the fine men who have gone before. And to the heros I served with in vietnam, SEMPER FI!

david43844
03-19-04, 03:48 PM
Call me Hard Corps or call me Old Corps but this kid needs some Brig time and a dishonorable discharge

sgt.lane
03-19-04, 03:58 PM
Big Chicken Dinner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

stalkmaster
03-24-04, 02:02 AM
Brig time and a DD but first send him to Iraq to build a school or
something he is such a humanatarian... LOL

usmc4669
03-24-04, 07:58 PM
ridingcrops <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
We all know the real reason that he didn't want to go to Iraq. He was afraid that he would not return home to his mommy, if you took his shirt off you would find a yellow stripe...

MillRatUSMC
03-24-04, 09:55 PM
If I'm correct this was a L/CPl, who also claimed to be gay.
http://www.notinourname.net/graphics/mejia3.jpg
He now joined by this Florida National Guard Staff Sergeant.
This reservist has gotten national media coverage.
I wonder what must be going through many serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.
All of sudden, we have a mass rush to seeking CO status, with the help of many that opposed the war in Vietnam.
Now, they go by a different name...as not in our name...
They sleep with no fear because someone is standing a post here and all over the world in their name...
What a bunch of Alpha, Serria, Serria, Hotel, Oscar, Tango, Echo, Lima, Serria...

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind"

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

“Marines have always been physically and mentally tough.
We must keep squarely in our sights,
the fact that toughness can be decisive in combat.”
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Osotogary
03-24-04, 10:03 PM
Did I get the spelling correct? LOL
The National Guardsman in Florida, SSgt Mejia hasn't been in the local news lately.
Gary(osotogary)

MillRatUSMC
03-24-04, 11:06 PM
Might not be on the local news lately, but he is all over the web.
He views are taken by many seeking our departure from Iraq.
This too might come under "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".
He reminds me of the village idiot. who called a radio station seeking some support to get his brother out of the service.
Because "he signed up to go college, not to go war."
Many take those commericals for what they say or promise a free or paid college education after completing what they signed for.
That why there is a mass rush to get CO status.
I wish all the CO's seekers would go to Afghanistan or Iraq, and let some of those fools take a pot shot at them....

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind"

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

“Marines have always been physically and mentally tough.
We must keep squarely in our sights,
the fact that toughness can be decisive in combat.”
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
03-24-04, 11:31 PM
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=63109 <br />
<br />
<br />
A soldier no more <br />
By Sarah MacDonald / News Staff Writer <br />
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 <br />
<br />
SHERBORN -- Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia...

MillRatUSMC
03-24-04, 11:38 PM
I wanted to say; <br />
I knew someone at some point in time would bring up the policies of the Iraq War or our grounds for waging war in Iraq as a defend to some charges. <br />
As Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia, is...

usmc4669
03-25-04, 09:50 AM
"We were all lied to when we were told we were looking for weapons of mass destruction or we were going to fight terrorism," said Mejia, who was born in Nicaragua and grew up in Miami. "This is a war motivated by oil and money."
Mejia served three years of active duty in the U.S. Army before joining the Florida National Guard. Mejia's father, Carlos Mejia Godoy, made the trip from Nicaragua to support his son.

What they should do with Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia, take away his American citizenship and deport him back to Nicaragua after he serves a prison term for his actions.

25snakeman02
03-25-04, 12:54 PM
USMC4669, You are on the right Track. First, give him some jail time with the Prison Rats (they would like to have a "Girlfriend like scumbucket), say 3-5 years. DD, then revoke his citzenship and ship his A__ back to where he came from. My guess, He got here illegally anyway. One last thing, make him pay for his education and the National Guard before being deported.

Snakeman out

cpl_daley
03-25-04, 02:04 PM
While out at K-Bay we got wind of a deserter that was hiding out in Honalulu, turns out he jumped ship out of the Corps in 91' ..this was 98' when we found him..... He was living on the beach as a bum for seven years! Turns out he didn't like the 1st gulf war, what a waste of a human being....

Super Dave
03-25-04, 03:34 PM
1 deserter...1 bullet...end of discussion......

jonh1972
03-25-04, 03:59 PM
deport his butt if he doesnt like it here, or as super dave says!!

ridingcrops
03-31-04, 09:23 AM
Well I'm glad to see you agree with me.
In fire fights in the Nam I thought a lot about what the hell am I doing here. But then I really didn't have much time to think about my options since I was being counted on to keep myself and my other Marines alive.
Wish I had thought about deserting for a year to work on a political campaign and not worry about it but my daddy wasn't well connected.
I have to agree about this Nicaraguan fellow though. Pay back the money, brig time, DD and revoke his citizenship. And if he never became a citizen send him back and put him on a watch list at the border.
The people who are supporting this guy are the same ones who protested us in the Nam. But the worst part was they didn't know what was going on. There were a lot of things the Cong and NVA were doing that they thought was perfectly acceptable.
War is NOT good for anyone aor anything but once you are in it DO IT!
Not like they way the politicians did in the 60's and 70's. Let them do there jobs the way they were trained to do it.
Are Marines the only ones with enough pride to do there jobs without question?
SEMPER FI brothers

Toby M
03-31-04, 10:39 AM
Didn't take long to forget 9-1-1...I'm in full agreement with you guys, send him back to where ever he came from and revoke all priveleges previously earned!

maverickmarine
03-31-04, 02:08 PM
I like super daves view...Outstanding!

Super Dave
03-31-04, 02:24 PM
Us Texan's get to the heart of it quickly...

jfreas
03-31-04, 02:28 PM
I vote for deportation after a stiff Brig sentence.If this is gonna be a test case then we should let the others know what is going to happen to them also.

Super Dave
03-31-04, 02:34 PM
In that case..where do we sign up for the firing squad?

david43844
03-31-04, 04:19 PM
firing squad is too easy............think piano wire!!

kentmitchell
03-31-04, 04:38 PM
Ditto

Super Dave
03-31-04, 04:48 PM
nail his crank to a log...set the log on fire..hand him a dull rusty knife...and tell him...your choice...

arnoldyG/2/5
03-31-04, 06:01 PM
send this MF to the brig for a good long time.

Dvan
03-31-04, 07:09 PM
My Uncle Ed was sent home from vietnam with severe burns over 30% of his body due to a phosphorus grenade. After a very long time recovering in the hospital, he was released to active duty again,...

d c taveapont
03-31-04, 08:06 PM
I was asked by a veteran of ww2. he thought the war was against terrorist. not iraq?. i told him that the terrorist have no home base or country. and that they don't care who they kill. then he mentioned libya. what were they given in return. a country just don't give up their weapons and in return they are easy targets for the others. (countrys).. i don't know bros. IS it going to look like viet-nam deserted air strips and building and alot of equipment left behind. its a tough call. i was 20 yrs old when i arrived in nam and if i were 20 again and in the CORPS . i would go to iraq because it was my duty..s/f....

usmc4669
03-31-04, 08:22 PM
Was thinking, deport him to Iraq and let all of the troops know when he is coming and where, paint a bulls eye on his chest, why waste money on him in the brig.

namgrunt
04-01-04, 04:45 AM
If someone who joins a branch of service, then finds a convenient yellow streak down his back when called to go to combat, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent by the service, serve his brig...