PDA

View Full Version : Laamie in California

LadyLeatherneck
09-14-02, 12:47 PM
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Dick(Laamie)
last night. A couple of Marines from mil.com and I
got together out near Camp Pendleton for dinner and
a couple of beers. We had a good time. Laamie is a
total sweetheart and an Outstanding Marine. Sparrowhawk
we're mad at you because you didnt' make it you dork!
I told Dick I'd kick you for him. :p It was a great evening
of Marines getting together and sharing stories. I took
pictures so I'll post them as soon as I get them developed.

Laamie, I really didn't mean hitting you there with my
camera.... sorry Marine :evilgrin:

Laamie
09-16-02, 12:51 AM
I was wearing that gold thong cammie1 forced me to wear. Are you sure that wasn't practice for when you meet with Cook again? Lol
S/F,
Dick

LadyLeatherneck
09-16-02, 12:10 PM
Yeah, no kidding, I'll make sure I give Cook a good
swing with the camera next time. :D Glad to see you're
home. Hope you enjoyed your trip and once again, it
was great meeting you Marine!

SF

Sparrowhawk
09-16-02, 02:30 PM
Everyone knows you pull that <b>"I accidently hit you there,"</B> by accident with my camera, handbag, elbow, etc. , everytime you meet a new Marine. It's your trademark, like a logo, or maybe it's a fetish you have...LOL

Still working on moving my daughter's belonging from storage today. Finally, told them I was no longer paying for it, so they have to move everything that left by today.

Why does it take women so long to make up their minds and where and what they want moved and where to?

Women, why are they the way they are.

Laamie, sorry to have missed you, and then Laura has to rub it in about what a great jarhead you are.

I'm sure we'll get a chance to meet and thank you for putting me in contact with that Corpsman.

Like most of us, there are things he doesn't remember. But from the accounts I've heard on a particular day during Operation DeSoto, he's one of the Corpsmen that was way up there helping drag dead and wounded Marines out of the Gates of Hell, on May 31, 1967.

Laamie
09-16-02, 09:00 PM
IMO, he's hurting big time. He's not on alchol or drugs, that I can detect. He needs someone to to guide him to the VA. Keep in contact with him. Pete & I plan to keep writing letters to him & give him as much support as possible.
Bro, your a religious man, keep prayers going hisway. Like you thought, he was in some heavy action. He started to mention some casualities before he chocked up, than a distant stare. One was his friend & said he didn't even recognize him because all the blood was forced to the front of his head & dstorted his facial features. I'm a little graffic here, but you got the picture.
He needs help, he needs support, he needs to know the Marines will not leave him stand alone in the memories of so long ago.
I could relate more to his situation, but not on this or any forum.
S/F,
Dick

Sparrowhawk
09-16-02, 09:27 PM
I know of the corpsman he talked about. One hell of a Corpsman that was killed by friendly fire, shot in the ehad..

He also mentioned a corpsman by the name of John Clarke.

John Clarke and Jim Shappee were killed in action in Vietnam while attached to India Company, 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. Ironically, both were killed during Operation DeSoto which took place in the Quang Ngai Province.

Two other Corpsmen that were there would like to contact him, so I'll pass his address on to them and invite him to the 1st marine Division reunion next year.

Thanks Dick for being the pointman on this one.

<A href="http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/2689/shappee.html">JIM M. SHAPEE 2/18/67</a>