PDA

View Full Version : Honoring my brother

Sparrowhawk
03-15-04, 09:32 AM
http://vietnamdiary.bizland.com/DrifterFlag.jpg
Today our American Flag flys at half mass in your honor.

Thank you Roger for being there when I called.

For being a true friend.

Friends are rare in today’s society and your were one

I would have been proud to have been by your side in war.
Because I would have trusted with my life in combat.

Thank you for servicing our country

Throughout life one is privileged to meet individuals like you on this side of life and because of that you made this world by your contributions a better place for others to live.

Truly your judgments were honorable in the many ventures you took on upon yourself. Thank you

You made me proud, once again to be a Marine.

“Sempers” was a word you often use, and I can’t use it today without thinking of you.

You added honor to the Marine Corps and your family and friends are a living testimony of the friendship, honesty and a great individual that we knew.

You will not be forgotten

Your Brother

Cook

<embed SRC="http://cookbarela.com/taps.ram" AUTOSTART="true" LOOP="TRUE" WIDTH="280" HEIGHT="24" CONTROLS="StatusBar">

Sender
03-15-04, 09:46 AM
To Roger,

Semper Fi, Brother!

Arcides, A. H.

MillRatUSMC
03-15-04, 09:57 AM
Today, our Marine brother's earthly remains will be inter, before that there will be the playing of Taps or Echo Taps, followed by the shooting of the three volleys.
The American Flag will be fold 13 times forming a triangle.
It in turn will be presented to Ellie.
Tears and prayers will be said for our brother Marine.
The Nation will hardly notice his passing, but those of us that knew the "Drifter" either in person or just on the web.
Will feel for a long time the big void he left on his passing.
We offer a moment of silence and a prayer for our brother, who stood in our ranks.
Semper Fidelis or Always Faithful were more than just words on bannered walls to Staff Sergeant Roger Alfano USMC.
Because he live those words by deed.

Semper Fi
Ricardo