PDA

View Full Version : Terror scare closes Florida highway

Sparrowhawk
09-13-02, 09:30 AM
WAITRESS OVERHEARD MEN ~ an American doing what she knows is right. What if she had dismissed the conversation. Or not gotten involved?

What if no terror alert had been issued? Its always this way, if we are to remain free and dwell in safety. Its going to be patrotic Americans who will be calling in their concerns and that will make the difference.

This past week I called an incident into the press and the FBI that required attention. the newspaper choose not to print the story as is often the case because it exposes a certain race as suspects. I hope a follow up was made by the FBI as it involves individuals studying here that hold deep resentment toward American and did things in support of terrorism against America. Just a simple phone call, but I found out no one else had called.

<hr>

Men warned that Americans would ‘mourn on 9/13,’ waitress says

http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/71ced0e8ad0251/www.msnbc.com/news/1625385.jpg
Police inspect items from one of two cars stopped early Friday on an Everglades highway.

MSNBC STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

NAPLES, Fla., Sept. 13 — Acting on a tip about a possible terrorist act, Florida officials on Friday detained three men in two vehicles, shutting down the main east-west highway across the Everglades and blowing up what appeared to be a backpack after bomb-sniffing dogs reacted to possible explosive material in one of the vehicles.

‘We do not have enough to bring it down.’
— COMMENT REPORTEDLY OVERHEARD BY GEORGIA WAITRESS
IT WAS NOT immediately clear whether the backpack contained explosives or any other hazardous material.
Authorities in Florida said the three men in the vehicles were being detained, but had not been arrested.
“The information we have is very specific,” said E.J. Picolo of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, describing the information that led authorities to take the men into custody and shut down a 20-mile stretch of Interstate 75 — known as “Alligator Alley” — shortly after 1 a.m.

WAITRESS OVERHEARD MEN
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation had issued an advisory for the cars Thursday after a waitress in Calhoun, Ga., in the northwestern part of that state, told police she overheard three men of Middle Eastern descent discussing what sounded like terrorist plans Wednesday night.
The Georgia woman, whose name was being withheld, said the men were talking about amounts of explosives, said Miami Police Lt. Bill Schwartz, quoting from the Georgia advisory.
According to the advisory, the woman said the men discussed celebrating in Chicago on Sept. 11 while the nation mourned and quoted one as saying: “They mourned on 9/11 and they are going to mourn again on 9/13.”

REPORTEDLY ON WAY TO MIAMI
She said the men also talked about “running five hours behind schedule” and trying to make it to Miami before Sept. 13.
At least one of the vehicles was registered to two men in the Chicago area.
One of the men said, “We do not have enough to bring it down,” she added.
The men were stopped along I-75, the main road from Naples to Fort Lauderdale that crosses the Everglades in South Florida.
The highway patrol said the road was blocked off from a toll booth east of Naples to State Road 29.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Barrio_rat
09-13-02, 10:14 AM
Her name, Eunice Stone. She's the one that called authorities in GA Thursday after overhearing the three men talking. Here's the report from Fox News and parts of the interview with Eunice Stone: <br />

mrbsox
09-13-02, 12:50 PM
This Lady was on the ball, and NO DOUBT in my mind, has NOT fallen into the mind set "what difference can I make", that I feel has infected SO MANY people in our land.

CAN 1 PERSON MAKE A DIFFERENCE ???

We were just reminded that they can. I am reminded of a TV commercial many years ago (some of you 'ole folks may remember too) of 1 person being compared to 1 drop of water. As a UNITED people, we can make a difference.... each of us, and together.

You can fill a cup with water, 1 drop at a time...

You can fill a bucket with water, 1 drop at a time...

You can fill a swimming pool, 1 drop at a time...

You see where this is going .....

You can float a Battleship..... 1 drop at a time.

We have to be the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, and no one will be able to stand against us. As a Marine, I make sure everyone I run into, knows that I intend to be 'a drop in the bucket', and they should be too.

Semper Fi....

USMC0311
09-13-02, 01:02 PM
10-4 on United Marine.. gotta eliminate sum these greedy selfish people though.. wonder how many of us would be left ??
Semper Fi, Sox

Sparrowhawk
09-13-02, 05:15 PM
It now seems the terror plot, was a joke. The women described the three men of Middle Eastern descent as laughing about 9-11, and saying that if America was morning about 9-11, wait until 9-13. <br />