PDA

View Full Version : VAMC Personnel Evaluations

Kalbo
03-13-04, 04:02 PM
Now having had to deal with the VAMC for 10 years, I have a recommendation that I feel would help identify and seperate good VAMC personnel from those hanger ons.

After every appointment, each patient would receive (mailed) a questionairre that asked the patient's response to his/her treatment with the VA medical personnel (Doctor. Nurse, Receptionist, etc) -

The good, doctors, nurses, receptionists, etc overtime would constantly have higher surveys and the bad ones wouldn't. After a specific period of time you would know which ones are really helping the patients.

I am not suggesting that these Doctors, nurses, etc be evualated by patients on the technical knowledge - but on basic care procedures (for examples: did the doctor answer your questions, did the doctor tell you what the next step was, did the nurse address you appropriately, did the phelmbologist swab your arm with alchol before injecting you).

Those are just some example, and I am sure the real questions etc. could be better developed by the NSOs.

Semper Fidelis,

Bill "Kalbo" Long

CAS3
03-13-04, 04:38 PM
Every employee in direct health care is supposed to have a "green" card on them. It has questions they are supposed to ask vets...to build a repore.
Also, at every nurses station there is supposed to be a suggestion/comment card. If you don't feel like leaving it at the nurses station, take it to the VAMC directors office. Every VAMC has a Director and his office is usually on the first floor...ask information where it is...tell your friends and bombard his office with the cards...sooner or later they may catch on.
Also, always go to the patient advocate...if they are told enough times about a bad employee, they can recommend termination of employment.

Kalbo
03-13-04, 05:40 PM
Thanks Colleen,

I wasn't aware of the suggestion/comment card. I have used the patient adovocate, but I like the idea of the suggestion/comment card and being able to send it in. Sometimes I just want to get out of there and being able to sent it in from home is much better.

I will use it from now for both some of the outstanding VAMC personnel and not-so-outstanding.

Does the card you mention just go by the name "green" card, or is there a specific name to this card.

Thanks for the help,
Bill

CAS3
03-13-04, 05:47 PM
It is a patient advocacy card...but most know it as the green card.