PDA

View Full Version : A Stunning Disclosure on Illegals in the Military

MillRatUSMC
03-12-04, 12:38 PM
A Stunning Disclosure on Illegals in the Military <br />
By Matthew Dodd, DefenseWatch 1/3/04 <br />
Mar 3, 2004, 09:44 <br />
<br />
Every now and then, I read or hear something that just stops me dead in my tracks....

MillRatUSMC
03-12-04, 12:46 PM
I was just thinking, there's no mention of rank or ranks for all these "unknowns"!
Some might be senior NCO or even officers in all the other services of our Armed Forces.
Someone making do, to meet a recruiting quota is coming back, BIG TIME...
IMHO

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

locobrujo
03-12-04, 01:32 PM
My office is at the airport in Lima, Peru and just the day before yesterday a Peruvian kid who cleans up around the building asked me about joining the U.S. military. He told me he had a friend in...

MillRatUSMC
03-12-04, 01:46 PM
locobrujo,
Years ago, I remember a Marine from Peru.
Wonder how many Peruians have served in the Marine Corps?
Last I saw of that Marine was 1967 in Vietnam...
Sad, that we weren't able to keep in touch...
Take care down in Peru, no place is safe, as was brought out on 3/11/04 in Spain...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

locobrujo
03-12-04, 01:51 PM
I am not Peruvian though. I am a contractor working for the US Governement on the Drug Eradication Program. I agree: No place is safe!

jinelson
03-12-04, 03:44 PM
I also remember an illegal alien Marine who was assigned to me in !970 while serving with MASS-3 Motor Transport in the Republic of Vietnam. His name was LCPL Armando Alejandre he was a highly motivated and squared away Marine and a citizen of Cuba. He hated communism and dedicated his life to to retaking his island homeland. I was asked several times by my CO and Ist Shirt to convince him to accept American citizenship but Armando declined saying he only wanted to learn combat skills with the best as he told me, then to retake Cuba by force and do away with Fidel Castro who imprisoned his father. While returning to California from Houston in February of 1996 I read his name on the front page of the newspaper, he was one of four that were shot down over international waters by Cuban MiGs and killed. I guess he really meant what he told me. I am proud to have served with him and he will always 4emain my brother.

Semper Fi
Jim in Calyfornia

Devildogg4ever
03-12-04, 05:05 PM
Looks like a big hole in the Defense Department! You think they
would be alot stricter, I mean, what does it take??

Good read, Ricardo!

Semper Fi!

Sixguns
03-12-04, 05:30 PM
AND THE MARINE CORPS HAS ONLY ONE!

What does that tell you about our recruiting ethics and process? That is because before we ship an applicant to training we verify at MEPS ALL the documentation. We have to physically view the documents and verify their authenticity. Funny the the Marines are also the most successful branch of service with regard to recruiting statistics. We scrutinize everything and take only the best. What do you think this says of the other branches?

Sixguns

Sixguns
03-12-04, 05:32 PM
Continuing again: "The Army has the highest number of unknowns - 9,055. The Navy has 6,531, the Air Force 444, the Marines one.

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT IN THE ORIGINAL POST.

Great job MCRC and the Marines who have and continue to serve as recruiters.

Sixguns

zonabill
03-17-04, 04:46 AM
Personnally, I don't care where the hell you're from. As long as you're willing to live and or die as a MARINE that's good enough for me. One of the best men I've ever had under me was from Costa Rica. Basically, if you act like a Marine, I'll treat as such. Regardless of where you are from..... Semper Fi!!!