PDA

View Full Version : Top Secret

2ndplacesucks
03-12-04, 11:49 AM
I was looking at mos in the 5900's Electronics Maintenance,
part of the qualifacations are you need to pass a Secret clearance, I was woundering if any of you Marines had to do this and what the process is. I've been told it takes a year or about to get approved, do they do this while you are at MCRD and your MOS school? or do I need to start the process before I ship?

Thanks in advance
Semper Fi!

airframesguru
03-12-04, 12:08 PM
I received my TS while on active duty. There are a few forms. the bi9ggest thing is to TELL the TRUTH. Be honest. They will talk to people you have forgoten.

If you wold like, email me with your # and we can talk.

MW

usmc4669
03-12-04, 12:10 PM
Top Secret
I was looking at mos in the 5900's Electronics Maintenance,
part of the qualifacations are you need to pass a Secret clearance, I was woundering if any of you Marines had to do this and what the process is. I've been told it takes a year or about to get approved, do they do this while you are at MCRD and your MOS school? or do I need to start the process before I ship?

It may not be the same now as when I was in, you got a Top Secret clearance only on the basics of need to know. I had a Top Secret clearance in Ordndnce due to Special Weapons loading; they sent the FBI to my home town to talk to friends and family about my background, if you have anything to hide and they find out then you can forget it. I don't mean petty things.

Sixguns
03-12-04, 05:26 PM
I had one run on me in and after Marine Corps service. It takes between 6-9 months. This includes electronic searches of al government files to include FBI, IRS, state and local law enforcement and others. That is followed up with personal interviews with those you listed as friends, teachers, realtives, employers and other relations on your SF-86 or ENTNAQ (national agencies questionaire). Because a one-on-one interview is required with these individuals, it can take some time. Most of these investigations are done by a contracted agency that the Office of Personnel Management hires to execute the investigation. I did this for them. they will ask questions pertaining to your moral character, drug use and alcohol use. Your conduct in school, at work and in the community.

If you ever had any type of police involvement, whether prosecuted or not, whether given youthful offender options, fines, probation or anything else, it will be found. It doesn't matter if a probation officer, a judge, a lawyer or anyone else said your record was sealed or that no one would know, it will be known. Like it has been said, we will find out everything.

Sixguns

Kalbo
03-12-04, 05:37 PM
They'll make sure you've been flossing too jk

alanUSMCDEP03
03-15-04, 12:20 PM
I have to have a Security Clearance for Security Forces. Is this the same clearance ya'll are talking about? My recruiter told me I already have my security clearance after I filled out the MCSF contract that asked me a bunch of questions. I'm confused now.

usmc4669
03-15-04, 12:47 PM
2ndplacesucks, go to this web site, it should help you understand about What is a Security Clearance
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security.htm

MillRatUSMC
03-15-04, 01:33 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security.htm
More than you want to know about security clearances, among those is "Top Secret", make sure to notice the penalties for not telling the truth...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo