<br />
Camp Delta Briton: 'We were chained and beaten' <br />
By Andrew Clennell <br />
London Times <br />
<br />
<br />
Jamal al-Harith <br />
<br />
The first British Guantanamo Bay inmate to sell his story claimed...

namgrunt
03-12-04, 08:13 AM
If Mr. al-Harith thinks he had it bad at Gitmo, he should be glad he never went through boot camp. He would not have made it to graduation. We went through the similar treatment, but were expected to train and work as well. I bet he didn't have to eat by the numbers, nor 'march' the Grinder at double-time with a large footlocker on his shoulder at midnight. On top of that, we had to pay for our toilet items, such as toothpaste, soap, and skivvies. Gitmo sounds mild in comparison.

Some day, Jamal al-Harith will look back on those times in Gitmo with an odd nostalgia. He will tell his grandchildren of surviving at the hands of the "Angels of Death", as some of our enemies have called us Marines. I'm sure he will 'wear' his Marine contact with pride.

Isn't life strange?

Semper Fi!

bobpage
03-12-04, 10:43 AM
Sold his story....nuff said.

jfreas
03-12-04, 02:35 PM
Amen to that. As a novel and not a true confession. I hope the next time he bows toward mecca a Camel drops a load on him.

jfreas
03-12-04, 02:37 PM
I meant as a Fiction. Got so ****ed I couldn't think of thw right word.

jfreas
03-12-04, 02:39 PM
Wonder when the lawsuit will be filed??

namgrunt
03-12-04, 03:39 PM
Gunny, you have a graphic gift for pictures. (Camel dropping)
LOL I enjoyed that one.

Semper Fi!

kentmitchell
03-13-04, 07:30 AM
Anyone who believes what they read in Brit newspapers should give me a call. I know about a bridge that's for sale.

jfreas
03-13-04, 08:14 AM
Hey, can ya get me a good price on it?

sneaky beaky
03-13-04, 01:28 PM
Hey kentmitchell, <br />
You have got it dead right. As a Brit I am disgusted at our newspapers. Anything that is controversial is printed. Anything that is true is not printed. Not newsworthy enough....

lurchenstein
03-14-04, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by sneaky beaky
As a Brit I am disgusted at our newspapers. Anything that is controversial is printed. Anything that is true is not printed. Not newsworthy enough.

Sneaky,
Your newspapers have much in common with the LA Times. Hard to tell which newspapers are not tabloids these days.:bandit:

bobpage
03-15-04, 10:30 AM
Lurchenstein,
In the (mockingly) tradition of any Bay area resident, NEVER forget the San Francisco Chronicle and how quick they will jump on a story like this. They will say he was horribly treated, and our government/military are barbaric. Then, he will get a lawyer (actually 900 of them will drop on top of each other to get his case from SF) and sue. LA Times notwithstanding, our dopey residents can really hold up a farse like this.

namgrunt
03-15-04, 02:17 PM
Next thing you know, Mr. al-Harith will be romantically connected with Britney Spears. There will be a photo of the "happy couple" running out of some Las Vegas wedding chapel. It should be good for the evening, before rumors of the divorce begin.

Then Jamal will show up on "Taliban Idol" star search program, yodeling for his favorite couscous. Its so nice to read about such talented people in the news these days. For some reason, a Dudley Moore/Eddie Murphy movie comes to mind.

"Enquiring minds ....blah, blah, blah"

Osotogary
03-15-04, 05:37 PM
bobpage,
Is the San Francisco Examiner still being printed? I think that there was also a San Francisco News Call Bulletin. Either way, there is probably going to be decreed a "Jamal-al-Harith Day" pretty soon. If something is good enough to cause a controversy...have a parade down Market Street.
Long live the Oakland Tribune.
LOL

sgt.lane
03-15-04, 09:32 PM
that does not even make good butt wipe material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Carnot
03-16-04, 04:20 PM
I hope he has two quarters--------so he can call someone who gives a f**k!

Bob C.

jfreas
03-16-04, 10:07 PM
Wonder which talk show he'll be on first. Anyone wanna take a guess?