PDA

View Full Version : Somebody help me here.

LONEEAGLE
03-11-04, 05:36 PM
:confused: Please clue me in on the Drifter....I've been gone for awhile......Did he pass on? Thanks.

TracGunny
03-11-04, 05:51 PM
Roger Alfano AKA theDrifter
It is with great sadness that I report to everyone that Roger passed away this morning. He had a few complications with his kidneys and liver and it caught up to him.

I talked with Ellie this morning and she and the kids are doing ok. She told me a story about Roger as they were taking him away in the ambulance. The fireman came in to get him and looked around the house. He saw all of Roger's Marine memorabilia. He told Roger he was a Nam Vet and said "Semper Fi"! Roger gave him a thumbs up.

He will be dearly missed by me and by Leatherneck. You couldn't have asked for a better friend or Marine. God bless Roger and his family.

A memorial chat will be held at 2100 (9 PM) on Friday March 12th in the Leatherneck chat room. All are welcome.

Semper Fidelis
Jerry
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13162&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

TracGunny
03-11-04, 05:54 PM
Memorial chat 9 p.m. EST.

namgrunt
03-11-04, 05:54 PM
BigEagle6

You heard right, brother.
Drifter has transferred to Marine Barracks, Heaven's Gate.

Check out the posting in the Leatherneck Obituaries, "Roger Alfano AKA The Drifter", posted by Shaffer. It will fill you in.

Semper Fi!