PDA

View Full Version : History of Leatherneck.com?

Sender
03-08-04, 09:20 AM
What is the history of Leatherneck.com? When was it established and who founded it? Was it founded in a tavern or just at a simple work station of a Marine? Myself and many others would like to know the complete history if there is someone out there who can explain it to us.........

SSGT Arcides A. H.
USMC DI

thedrifter
03-08-04, 10:52 AM
Jerry(Shaffer Webmaster) will have to go into details with you since he is the founder of this site......

I do know this site was founded on Nov. 10th 2000....

Jerry then explained his Dreams and Idea's to a few of us...

This site was built to help and work with Marines....A Place We Call Home....We Are here to Talk and Support Our Fellow Brothers and Sisters.....

We are here to Support the Poolees....Give them a better chance to Become Better Marines......

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

GySgtRet
03-08-04, 05:03 PM
Ah come on Jerry Give us a little hint...???

Semper Fidelis

Osotogary
03-08-04, 05:18 PM
Jerry,
You aren't planning to buy out all of Martha Stewart's fine Linen and towels and re-selling them to us with the Leatherneck.com logo on them...are you?
Just kidding! You and your moderators do great work and I personally have been the beneficiary of Leatherneck.coms' wit, wisdom, satire and generosity.
Gary(osotogary)

garryh123
03-08-04, 06:34 PM
I remember the founding days of Leatherneck.com.....before they redid the site and we all had to re-register.....

vision836
03-09-04, 04:10 PM
I must agree. This site gives me a place to go to get away from my world for awhile.Even if I don't post every day reading the post from everyone makes my day. Thanks!

yellowwing
03-09-04, 04:17 PM
It great to place to talk to folks who know where your are coming from. And to see that there is another crop of fine young kids ready to continue the traditions.

If you snap up all of Martha's Scarlet and Gold towels, count me in!

FREEBIRD
03-09-04, 08:31 PM
I have been with this site every since it started and it has only got Better!!! Theres no other place where we as Brothers and Sisters can get along, remember the past (good and bad) and help the FNG's. This site has been here for the Vets as well as the friends of our Marine Families. Marine Mom's come on to check out whats going on and what to expect with the brave young Marines........................who leave home so early in life!!
We as Moderators try to be helpful, Sometimes we tell it like it is and it may not be what you want to hear but its the Marine corp way!!! One thing for sure, remember this:
We all need help every once in a while, nobodys perfect, we all put them drawers on the same way, enlisted or officers, so to put it another way we all need each other, Thats what the brotherhood and sisterhood of the Marine corps is all about!!!
For all the Marines who have the Tittle you know what I mean and you know the feeling that no body can never take from you.
As The Drifter said "WE ARE HERE FOR YOU" we will do our best to continue to make this the best MARINE site ever!!!!
Oh, by the way....... the suprise Shaffer has is he's buying me a new Harley this year!!! ( YEA RIGHT!!)
Semper Fie Marines
FREEBIRD
SGT USMC 69-76
AIRWING

MAJMike
03-10-04, 10:37 AM
L/CPL Shaffer:

having some personal experience with interenet forums, I have one word for your effort and dedication to this site:

OUTSTANDING!!!!

I am putting you in for an Internet Achievement Medal and adding a Letter of Commendation to your internet SRB;)

Mike Ventura
MAJ USMCR
1968-1975

usmc4669
03-10-04, 12:06 PM
I am a new member, have enjoyed reading and replying to a lot of posts. Some I have gotten into trouble with, them Roger keeps me square away on them. I don't claim to be right all of the time, them I'm never wrong. Made a few friends as well as a few enemies, then that's life isn't it? I don't know you Shaffer but it really doesn't matter, this is your site to be run the way that want it to be, that's all that matters. Some post are dumb and I may be guilty of some of them, a lot of them, most of them, I spend a lot of time here reading and sometimes replying to post. I used to live in FL a small town in the central part of the state, in Polk Co. a town called Bartow where I grew up. I enlisted in the Marines in JAX, FL in 1946. When I retired went back to Miami, FL to live , move when it was taken over by the people from the south, lived in Gainesville, FL, then move on to better places. Keep up the good work Shaffer and keep the wind to your back when ridding your new Hog, you always know a happy motorcycle rider they have bugs on their teeth.

Semper Fi, OOHRAH and everything in between,
Gunny Bush USMC Retired.