PDA

View Full Version : The Frozen Chosin:

usmc4669
03-06-04, 07:33 PM
They were all young Marines who answer the call, they did this without hesitation.
Some came home and other did not, they all went to serve their nation.

At the Chosin Reservoir they fought their way back through hordes of Communist Chinese,
Who surrounded them at ever pass and tried to bring them to there knees.

They were cold, tired and hungry they fought for every inch of ground that they walk upon.
The Chinese Communist attack at every turn the Marines fought back and the Chinese Communist couldn't make them run.

Then, to add to the misery the Chinese Communist launched their surprise attack,
The Marines wouldn’t give an inch and they drove the Chinese Communist back.

The terrain was high and rough with blood all over the ground,
Every where that you looked mores gooks bodies could be found.

between 120,000 and 150,000 well hidden Chinese Communist soldiers
Waited for the Marines,
They were unaware that these brave Marines were so damn lean and mean.

Some did not make it back to us they gave their lives for you and me.
These brave Marines we will never forget they died so that we can be free.

Gunny USMC Retired

This picture of the Chosin Reservoir was taken in September 2001 by a member of the Remains Recovery team based in Hawaii. It was contributed by SGT Dan Seymour, a member of the team. It seems unreal that this serene and beautiful place could have been the scene of one of the most intense battles in U. S. Military History.

Sorry picture didn't download.

usmc4669
03-06-04, 07:39 PM
This picture of the Chosin Reservoir was taken in September 2001 by a member of the Remains Recovery team based in Hawaii. It was contributed by SGT Dan Seymour, a member of the team. It seems unreal that this serene and beautiful place could have been the scene of one of the most intense battles in U. S. Military History.

namgrunt
03-06-04, 10:24 PM
I'm sure it would look different if it were taken in winter, but you are right. The same can be said for most battle sites. Remember the poem by Robert Frost about Grass. (and I don't refer to the illegal type some folks use)

The dead Marines and Army troops who kept the Chinese from destroying their spirit, deserve our admiration and respect. Marines who lived through that are still with us today. I bet they have sea stories to tell.

Semper Fi!

greybeard
03-07-04, 02:59 AM
I know one, but I've already posted that bit here I think. Not to detract from anything anyone else went thru, but those men at Chosin are in league of thier own in my book. Not only did they accomplish the impossible at that time, but their honor and courage give Marines decades later a sense of pride no recruiting poster ever could. They were all just tough son's of biches-no other way to put it & I mean that with the greatest of respect.