PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart Convicted of All Counts

usmc4669
03-05-04, 02:39 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - Martha Stewart was convicted Friday of obstructing justice and lying to the government about a superbly timed stock sale, a devastating verdict that probably means prison for the woman who epitomizes meticulous homemaking and gracious living.

Martha Stewart enters Manhattan federal court, Friday, March, 5, 2004, in New York. Jury deliberations continue today in her conspiracy and obstruction of justice trial.

yellowwing
03-05-04, 02:57 PM
Ha! :)

nc.gal
03-05-04, 02:57 PM
Well, if Martha goes to prison, let's see if she and
K-Mart will furnish all the women prisoners with
fresh bedding!

yellowwing
03-05-04, 03:29 PM
Yeah, an old business mentor of mine one said, "Never hit a bus load of Nuns or screw with the Security and Exchange Commission!" I guess Martha never heard that one.

The prosecutor in the trial specializes in SEC cases. He's like 24-0 for convictions.

usmc4669
03-05-04, 03:31 PM
"Never hit a bus load of Nuns ?

TracGunny
03-05-04, 03:36 PM
...not to worry; she adapts well...

usmchauer
03-05-04, 05:30 PM
ROFL!!!! @TracGunny !!

usmc4669
03-05-04, 05:44 PM
[What I heard on the news is that she could get out of prison in less than 16 months. Wouldn't fining her for all she is worth, prohibiting her from starting another company writing a book and going on welfare, other words make her get a job and have to work for a living, see how the other side lives.

TracGunny
03-05-04, 06:34 PM
I would be happy with her having to repay from her personal holdings every cent all the stock holders in her company are losing... she can do whatever with her remaining $, IF there is anything left...

Sparrowhawk
03-06-04, 11:53 AM
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/MarthaStewartCONVICTED/MarthaGIFS/1/wells.gif

scarberry
03-06-04, 12:24 PM
it is a shame that you can be charged with a crime ]]] [[[ [[[ but in the defense of the false charge you are found guilty of lying about something <br />
that never...

usmc4669
03-06-04, 12:43 PM
Explain the false charges to me please, I am trying to understand why she was found guilty if the charges were false.

Phantom Blooper
03-08-04, 02:32 PM
Martha Stewart showed up at Manhattan FBI Headquarters to have her finger prints taken and pose for a mug shot. Then Martha explained how to get ink off your fingers using seltzer water and lemon...

Sgt Sostand
03-08-04, 06:58 PM
I dont think she did nothing to go to jail for

namgrunt
03-08-04, 07:01 PM
Hey, if Martha needs someone for conjugal visits, I'll bite the bullet and volunteer.
I ain't too picky, and I like 'em built for comfort, not for speed, and that is Martha all over. :D

namgrunt (the Lounge Lizard)

greybeard
03-08-04, 08:31 PM
I dont think she did nothing to go to jail for
Let's look at that closer.
1. Did she know what she was doing was wrong in regards to the iMclone staok sale?

2. Other than herself, her broker, and her stock holders-was anyone else really hurt by her actions?

3. While under oath, was she honest in answering questions?

Answer those and I'll be back with a little personal insight for you.

jo_beth
03-08-04, 09:17 PM
dmn!, namgrunt....
lmao

namgrunt
03-08-04, 09:46 PM
Jo_Beth

When you see as many winters as I have, and know Martha Stewart is younger, then you might see that to me, she might not be bad looking. You would also have to see this old scarred face of mine to understand that she might object to my offer, despite the best of intentions.
I think she would have a great time, but have to admit I'm biased in my favor.

Glad I got a good laugh from you, Marine. It does the heart good to laugh. Extend your lifespan, it will, yes! (Geez, now I'm talking like Yoda)

Semper Fi!

greybeard
03-09-04, 06:23 AM
Namgrunt--cull factor=zero? BTDT

Nothing to go to jail over?
I personally lost several thousand dollars of overtime work in 2003 as a result of Martha's imClone selloff, as did everyone else who works where I do. The company lost out on several hundred thousand dollars of work, and had to cut employee base to a minimum. Anyone want a good deal on several thousand sheets of 3/4" X 5' X 8' of Designer White melamine? Theere is no way to determine how many Kmart employees lost their jobs as a result of lagging sales of MS products, and it's not over yet. Shaw carpets probably lost more than that. Martha Stewrt was/is a licensed stockbroker. At one time, she was an officer on one of the big boards. She was well aware she was in the wrong.

namgrunt
03-09-04, 10:04 AM
Greybeard

I'm all for sending Miss Martha to jail. She can not have conjugal rights if she is not incarcerated. She hasn't accepted the fact that she is officially a felon now. That will happen with time in stir. I was just offering my 'services' to a poor love-starved inmate. (LOL)

I know it will never happen, but it was humorous to think about.