PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss the good bad old days?

greybeard
03-02-04, 11:57 PM
Do you miss the bad old days? Hungry for a little something to take you back? Tell the wife she doesn't have to cook tomorrow night and treat yourself to a gourmet meal fit for a king!!

mmmm-mmmm (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2228985309&category=36065)

After that nice trip back to yester year, give your significant other a 'taste' of the life you left behind.

hey mamasan (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2229434236&category=587)

Devildogg4ever
03-03-04, 05:39 AM
Hee, hee, good post! I always thought c-rats were ok, but it doesn't replace home cooking! Those c-rats are getting harder to find!

mrbsox
03-03-04, 01:00 PM
Hmmmmmmm.....

37 year old 'Beans and Balls'. I bet they hadn't even been stored under 'ideal' conditions for most of their life.

H*LL.... that WOULD be just like ol' times :banana:

Does it come with a P38 ?? :marine:

usmc4669
03-03-04, 02:19 PM
It all depends on which good old days you are talking about.[]/b]

[b] I miss the long hours on the flight line, the meatballs that would bounce off of the deck like a rubber ball, the French fries with roaches in them, green eggs, S.O.S for breakfast, the hard bunks without a warm body next to me, sleeping with 78 other men in a squad bay, sharing the showers where you couldn't turn your back to the other guy, lights out at 2200, the C.O. as a mother, the high pay that I received, working on National Holidays, working 7 days a week without over time time and a half, the tours to foreign countries on Luxury Liners, the smell of the outhouses in Japan, transportation to and from work (my feet , no I still have my feet), checking in and out of the base to go out at night,; do I miss the good old day? What do you think?

Super Dave
03-03-04, 02:51 PM
mmmmmmmmm c-rats.....
Have John Wayne in hand ready to chow down...

Ed Fleming
03-03-04, 04:40 PM
I especially liked the smells of the benjo !!

FREEBIRD
03-03-04, 05:48 PM
Yea, I guess I miss the good old days too.............
getting my Liberty card from the DNCO and checking out at the gate, then going to 4 corners or just to the first bar, sometimes never made it to the second, depends on how many drunks were there buying drinks for the Marines. Then you could walk outside and see hand job hanna standing on the corner( LMAO)..... I always stoped and got tacos on the way back to the main gate, and almost always saw a mamasaun taking a pee beside a building or in the streets, I also miss throwing washers in the water going across Sh!t river bridge, watching them kids dive and come up cussing( LMAO again ) it was fun while it lasted, but bet it aint like that anymore, just think of all the fun we had 35 years ago!!!! slant eyed, slope head, rice propelled, benjo hopping mfers!!! But i loved every minute of it!!! wouldnt trade my memories for nothing!!!
I even thought of going back, but I know it would be different so I'll keep my old memories ...
I remember my first encounter, it was early one morning ...around 5:00 am, I woke up and had to go do a number 2, there I sat, this was in Oki, in a quanson hut for the head, a few minutes later some one walked in and sat down almost beside me, I didnt even look up, I wiped and stood up, looked over and it was a Mamasaun!!! I guess my face was red as a BEET, she started laughing at me as I walked out>> what a first encounter??
like Ed said the smells from the benjo's you could never forget, not in 35 years or 65 years LOL
FREEBIRD

usmc4669
03-03-04, 06:52 PM
FREEBIRD:

You miss that? Man you must be loco.LOL

greybeard
03-03-04, 11:24 PM
I found those links by doing an Eay search for military memorablia/Vietnam Era. 160+ pages, with over 30 entries/page. I am now convinced, there are more 'genuine authenic' trail cards, blood chits, viet cong flags, Montagnard crossbows, blowguns, & loincloths for sale here in the US than could have ever existed in Vietnam in the 60's & '70s.