PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Patrol

DELTA2ALPHA
02-26-04, 01:11 AM
In the early morning of 25 Feb 68,the third platoon,of Bravo Company,1/26 Marines consisting of 41 personal left Khe Sanh Combat Base to locate and silence an enemy mortar position Southeast of the base.Approx.700 meters outside the wire, contact was made with a superior force,with devastating results.These brave Marines put up an execeptional fight to extract their dead and wounded from the overwelming ambush.Relief forces from the base were repeled by extreme enemy small arms and supporting weapons.Many Marines did not return that day..

OUR BRAVE RIFLES

LCPL RON AKINS
PFC MIKE BABTISTE
PFC JOE BATTLE
LCPL FRED BILLINGHAM
PFC MIKE BRELLENTHIN
PFC JIM BRUDER
CPL KEN CLAIRE
PFC DOYLE CLAY
LCPL JERRY DODSON
LCPL CHUCK GELLER
LCPL PHIL HAYES
2/LT DON JACQUES
LCPL BRUCE JONES
PFC MIKE LADEROUTE
PFC JOHN LASSITER
SSGT GEORGE McCLELLAND
PFC HANK McDONALD
LCPL DICK McKENZIE
PFC KIM MEADS
HN LLOYD MOORE
PFC ARNOLD RIVERA
PFC WILLIE RUFF
PFC DAVE SCARBROUGH
PFC WALT SKINNER
PFC DOUG SMITH
PFC CLAY THEYERL
CPL DON WHITAKER

On 30 Mar 68, an attempt was made to recover the bodies of our brothers.This was again repulsed with a further loss of 10 KIA.
Finally,on 6 APR 68, Delta Co. along with one platoon of Bravo Co. assaulted the trenchline,and destroyed the enemy position and recovered the remains of our Marines.We take care of our own, no matter what!!

Please take a moment to honor these brave Marines. I do every day and mostly at this time of the year.

SEMPER FI..Mike
D 1/26

vance
03-01-04, 10:02 AM
Thanks for sharing that Mike . Thats a very moving dedication to our brothers lost in battle.

Sgt Grunt
11-10-09, 08:52 PM
This is only a few years after your post... I had lunch today with a guy named Tim McTague who was there when that happened and he was one of the guys that went out to recover the KIA's.

Just thought I would pass that along...